Participant updates

Options

Replies

• margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    gus130, try changing your meals around and maybe change your calorie intake, maybe change your setting. mix it up a bit
  • margieparkins
    Options
    new mini challenge as well as the chair sit ups,
    wall squats, all you do is lean on wall back staight and bend knees until nearly in a sitting position and hold for 30 seconds, easy you think well have fun this week because this time next week it will be a minute! :))))))
    Thursday to thurday
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    new mini challenge as well as the chair sit ups,
    wall squats, all you do is lean on wall back staight and bend knees until nearly in a sitting position and hold for 30 seconds, easy you think well have fun this week because this time next week it will be a minute! :))))))
    Thursday to thurday

OUCH! - I just did them for 30 seconds! Diabolical :laugh:
  • moneil25
    moneil25 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The scale is driving me crazy.

I am faithfully staying within my calorie range and exercising (stationery bike) for 20 minutes each day. The last few days my weight is inching up. Is it my scale? My body? Not drinking enough water (usually 6 cups)? Any ideas out there?

I'm no expert but for me what has made the change is increased exercise. My exercise of choice is walking but whether it is walking or stationary bike once you can do 20 minutes easily the next time up it by 5 minutes and stay with that for awhile until you feel comfortable then up it again. I have never in my life been good at exercising but have gradually built up to going for a 5k walk every day and the weight is coming off. When I started I was lucky to make it to 2k. Hope this helps
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. I will try bumping up exercise and changing my caloric intake around.
  • Turnaround2012
    Options
    Here is a great post series.

It really opened my eyes. I bought an inexpensive scale and am using it more and more. I am finding out that I have been underestimating the calories on some things and overestimating the calories on others.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • GrandMaKandy
    GrandMaKandy Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    August 15th

20 x 20 x 10 chair squats.
  • GrandMaKandy
    Options

I am faithfully staying within my calorie range and exercising (stationery bike) for 20 minutes each day. The last few days my weight is inching up. Is it my scale? My body? Not drinking enough water (usually 6 cups)? Any ideas out there?

After weeks of reading up on eating TDEE - % in the forums, I have now changed my settings and hopefully this will work better for me, as I seem to be constantly eating below goal due to exercising. Hopefully this will be the right choice for me. It means I will be eating approx the same amount daily without have to worry about the extra calories earned from exercising, plus it should boost my weight loss.

This may be an avenue you'd wish to explore further.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Kandy.

After weeks of reading up on eating TDEE - % in the forums, I have now changed my settings and hopefully this will work better for me, as I seem to be constantly eating below goal due to exercising. Hopefully this will be the right choice for me. It means I will be eating approx the same amount daily without have to worry about the extra calories earned from exercising, plus it should boost my weight loss.

This may be an avenue you'd wish to explore further.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I had two very rough days, Tuesday & Wednesday. I was very upset about some things and about didn't care whether or not I stayed in this challenge group. But, while being all upset, I still managed to do my food right, logging, and exercise. Today, was a better day.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    Glad to you got through it ok.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    August 15, 16 and 17th, mini challenges compiled,
    And wall squat, ouch!
    92109 Posts: 209
    Options
    30 Star Jumps
    Tuesday 13th 0
    Wednesday 14th 30
    Thursday 15th. 30
    Friday 16th 30

30 Chair Sits
    Tuesday 13th 0
    Wednesday 14th 30
    Thursday 15th 0
    Friday 16th 60

30 Squats
    Tuesday 13th 0
    Wednesday 14th 30
    Thursday 15th. 60
    Friday 16th 30

30 Push Ups
    Tuesday 13th 0
    Wednesday 14th 30
    Thursday 15th. 20
    Friday 16th 30
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I had two very rough days, Tuesday & Wednesday. I was very upset about some things and about didn't care whether or not I stayed in this challenge group. But, while being all upset, I still managed to do my food right, logging, and exercise. Today, was a better day.

Here are a couple positives for you
    #1 You're having a better day, so YEAH!
    #2 You exercised when having a bad day
    #3 You ate right because it's a habit, not for a challenge, but for yourself.

It sounds to me like you are on the road to a healthier, HAPPIER you! Congrats and here's to the next 14 days and the future!
  • GrandMaKandy
    Options
    August 16th

50 x 50 chair squats
  • Turnaround2012
    Options

Here are a couple positives for youth
    #1 You're having a better day, so YEAH!
    #2 You exercised when having a bad day
    #3 You ate right because it's a habit, not for a challenge, but for yourself.

It sounds to me like you are on the road to a healthier, HAPPIER you! Congrats and here's to the next 14 days and the future!

great post by both!

I thought I was going to drop out because I am on vacation, but I exercised and ate right and stayed on track!
  • moneil25
    moneil25 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I

I thought I was going to drop out because I am on vacation, but I exercised and ate right and stayed on track!

Glad you made it.
    What I did this time to cover myself is that I wrote a review for an optional day off. Hopefully I won't need to use it
  • margieparkins
    Options
    So happy to see every one having a go at all the mini challenges. well done. It keeps thinfs interesting.
  • GrandMaKandy
    Options
    August 17th

50 x chair squats!
    92109 Posts: 209
    Options
    3500+ Calorie Burn Challenge
    August 12 Weekly Goal: 3500

Mon: 652 Walk/Bike
    Tues: 477 Bike/Garden
    Wed: 1566 Bike