Over here !!!

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,639 Member
    bianca616 wrote: »
    I tried the Turbofire workout on the PIYO dvd on monday and thought it was great. I was surprised how it really got my heart rate up there during those one minute bursts of exercise. It was 20 mins and I burned 164 calories. Pretty good!

I am excited to start the beach body on demand in January and have access to all these different workouts. I am looking forward to changing it up a bit. I think a fresh start in January is just what I need to jumpstart me for the new year.

Have a great week everyone!!

Love your plan, enjoy your week too!

• DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    edited December 2017
    Core
    Buns ✅
    Sculpt
    Drench

Time for me to focus since I got one thing off my plate!!
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    • Chisel Agility (tonight after work)
    • Hammer Power (tomorrow morning before brunch and movie date :p )
    • Chisel Balance (wednesday morning before lunch date :p )
    • Hammer conditioning (Thursday after work)
    • Fire60 (saturday moring before leaving for xmas)

I repeat myself I know but I LOVE the accountability this thread gives me.
    It really works for me :)
    Thanks guys !
  • KrystinaMTL
    I tried the Turbofire workout on the PIYO dvd on monday and thought it was great. I was surprised how it really got my heart rate up there during those one minute bursts of exercise. It was 20 mins and I burned 164 calories. Pretty good!

I am excited to start the beach body on demand in January and have access to all these different workouts. I am looking forward to changing it up a bit. I think a fresh start in January is just what I need to jumpstart me for the new year.

For sure B !
    I think the timing for BBondemand is great for you in January !
    You'll be able to try out a few things and then make your choice on what plan you wanna follow, if any.
    For myself, I will continue with Hammer and Chisel. If you want to join that would be GREAT! It is hard as heck but, tssss, whatever.
    ;)

xx
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,639 Member
    Okay,@KrystinaMTL and @bianca616 are getting crazy burns, :)
    DreaRN15 wrote: »
    Core
    Buns ✅
    Sculpt
    Drench

Time for me to focus since I got one thing off my plate!!

Everyone is getting this done, yay! I need to make time for this!
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I didn't do PiYo but my trainer kicked my butt!! He got days mixed up so he was 15 mins late, I in turn got an extra 15 mins added to my session!
  • KrystinaMTL
    • Chisel Agility (tonight after work)
    • Hammer Power (tomorrow morning before brunch and movie date :p )
    • Chisel Balance (wednesday morning before lunch date :p )
    • Hammer conditioning (Thursday after work)
    • Fire60 (saturday moring before leaving for xmas)

Yeee Haaaa !
    One more and this week is Done !

Next week will be all over the place as I'll be away for 6 days out of 7.
    I'll be playing in the snow and going for walks as much I can.
  • Jamie6636
    Jamie6636 Posts: 107 Member
    edited December 2017
    Jamie6636 wrote: »
    Heres my plan:
    Monday Chisel Endurance
    Tuesday Total Body Hammer

Wednesday Chisel Agility + Glut Chisel
    Thursday Hammer Conditioning + Ab Hammer
    Friday Chisel Cardio

Missed my Wednesday workout. I will have to make up for it over the weekend. Happy Friday everyone!

• Jamie6636

Awesome! I love my bb on demand. Cant wait to hear about what you are going to try!
  • KrystinaMTL
    Heres my plan:
    Monday Chisel Endurance
    Tuesday Total Body Hammer

Wednesday Chisel Agility + Glut Chisel
    Thursday Hammer Conditioning + Ab Hammer
    Friday Chisel Cardio

Missed my Wednesday workout. I will have to make up for it over the weekend. Happy Friday everyone!

Awesome Jamie !
    Are you planning on continuing H&C in 2018 ?
  • Jamie6636

Awesome Jamie !
    Are you planning on continuing H&C in 2018 ?[/quote]

Yes. I absolutely love it. I'm not dropping weight like I had planned but I am addicted to the weights. It has been great for stress and anxiety. Also the time it takes to do the workouts is so reasonable. I bought a bunch of equipment for it also and it is so worth it. I don't have a bench yet. We use our coffee table :D
  • KrystinaMTL

Awesome Jamie !
    Are you planning on continuing H&C in 2018 ?

Yes. I absolutely love it. I'm not dropping weight like I had planned but I am addicted to the weights. It has been great for stress and anxiety. Also the time it takes to do the workouts is so reasonable. I bought a bunch of equipment for it also and it is so worth it. I don't have a bench yet. We use our coffee table :D [/quote]

Awesome !
    I love it too !
    I mean, to be clear, he annoys the heck out of me and as for her, I find myself rolling my eyes at her most of the time BUT that is not at all important to me. The exercises themselves are GREAT, the variety of workouts is AMAZING and the struggle therefore growth, is REAL.
    I love lifting !!
    There can only be one Chalean in this world. To me, she's da bomb for motivation and workout chit chat and all around vibe but the H&C program is the real deal.
    I also invested (last year) in the proper equipment. Welllllll worthit !
    I opted for the straight bench (much cheaper) and when they use their bench as an incline, I move to my stability ball, which is awesome for balance so it all works out !

Hoping Bianca might get the bug too in 2018 ....
    I think she might ;)

Anyone else want to try with us come the New Year ?
  • bianca616
    bianca616 Posts: 295 Member

Awesome !
    I love it too !
    I mean, to be clear, he annoys the heck out of me and as for her, I find myself rolling my eyes at her most of the time BUT that is not at all important to me. The exercises themselves are GREAT, the variety of workouts is AMAZING and the struggle therefore growth, is REAL.
    I love lifting !!
    There can only be one Chalean in this world. To me, she's da bomb for motivation and workout chit chat and all around vibe but the H&C program is the real deal.
    I also invested (last year) in the proper equipment. Welllllll worthit !
    I opted for the straight bench (much cheaper) and when they use their bench as an incline, I move to my stability ball, which is awesome for balance so it all works out !

Hoping Bianca might get the bug too in 2018 ....
    I think she might ;)

Anyone else want to try with us come the New Year ?

I am so curious to see what you are all talking about!! Tell me what you specifically need equipment wise. You need a weight bench? My husband has one in the basement but I workout in the living room so it would put be easily accessible to me. He basically has all the equipment but I have to sort through it and pull out what I will need.

I want to start lifting weights. I feel like it's the natural and needed next step at this point. I think it's totally going to make me feel POWERFUL!! I loved the increase in muscle I got from PIYO and I know this will take it even farther.

@KrystinaMTL! Will you start program again with me when I start??!! I feel get behind!

I figure I will start Jan 1st since it's a Monday. I am excited!!
  • Jamie6636
    You need a pull up bar (I put a hook inside a closed on the inside above the door jam and use a resistance band), I had to buy 8, 10 and 15 lb. dumbbells, a weight bench ( I don't have one but you will need something like it. I use my soon to be broken coffeee table right now) yoga mat. It says you need a 10lb ball but I wouldn't buy one. I use a weight and improvise. They don't use it that much) resistance band. I will start over whenever you do! Let me know your plan. Happy New Year!
  • bianca616
    You need a pull up bar (I put a hook inside a closed on the inside above the door jam and use a resistance band), I had to buy 8, 10 and 15 lb. dumbbells, a weight bench ( I don't have one but you will need something like it. I use my soon to be broken coffeee table right now) yoga mat. It says you need a 10lb ball but I wouldn't buy one. I use a weight and improvise. They don't use it that much) resistance band. I will start over whenever you do! Let me know your plan. Happy New Year!

Thank you Jamie! I looked online for the required equipment and it says weight bench or stability ball. Do you think a stability ball will do the job sufficiently? I bought one this morning while out shopping. I have a cheap resistance band so I will need a new one. Any recommendations?

I would have to order the band today so I won't have it probably until mid week (LOVE AMAZON PRIME!), can I still start the program if I don't have it?

I like the idea of being able to do an actual pull up so may end I will look into getting one. I have adjustable dumbbells so I have that much. Hope it's enough!
  • Jamie6636
    As long as you have dumbbells and a stability ball you can start. They don't do a ton of pull-ups in any workout. I forgot you can use a stability ball. Sometimes they step up on the bench but they do have someone that modifies with out it. I only use my resistance band for pull-ups and I use a smaller one for warming up for Hammer workouts. Wait to get resistance bands to see if you need one. Use a towel for the warmup. I would actually wait to get anything else to see if you like it.

You should post your plan for the week. We don't have to follow the calendar exactly either if we want to throw in some yoga plyo. or cardio Im up for whatever. Would be fun if we can all stick together and do similar schedules.
  • bianca616
    Day 1 of Hammer and Chisel!

I am following the 60 day calendar so I did Chisel Balance. The stability ball did not come in handy so I did the modifier without the bench or used a chair. She doesn't tell you the amount of weight to use on the dumbells to start so I fussed around with my adjustable dumbells taking some weight off and ended up with 7 1/2 lbs each dumbell.

I can tell already my arms will be sore tomorrow. I felt a little out of my element since I had grown so accustomed to PIYO but I hope to find my groove soon.
  • Jamie6636
    Day 1 of Hammer and Chisel!

I am following the 60 day calendar so I did Chisel Balance. The stability ball did not come in handy so I did the modifier without the bench or used a chair. She doesn't tell you the amount of weight to use on the dumbells to start so I fussed around with my adjustable dumbells taking some weight off and ended up with 7 1/2 lbs each dumbell.

I can tell already my arms will be sore tomorrow. I felt a little out of my element since I had grown so accustomed to PIYO but I hope to find my groove soon.

Yay! I will restart the 60 day also. I did not love this program until a couple weeks in. I think it was a matter of finding what equipment works for you and getting used to the personalities of Autumn and the big guy. I started using 5 and 8s and after a couple weeks bumped those to 10s and 15s. So excited!
  • Jamie6636
    This is what my week looks like:
    I might have to modify this weekend if I am out of town.

Monday-Chisel Balance
    Tuesday-Hammer Plyometrics
    Wednesday-Iso strength chisel
    Thursday- off
    Friday- P90x yoga
    Saturday-chisel endurance
    Sunday-Total body hammer+ 10 minute ab hammer
  • bianca616
    This is what my week looks like:
    I might have to modify this weekend if I am out of town.

Monday-Chisel Balance
    Tuesday-Hammer Plyometrics
    Wednesday-Iso strength chisel
    Thursday- off
    Friday- P90x yoga
    Saturday-chisel endurance
    Sunday-Total body hammer+ 10 minute ab hammer

THIS IS AWESOME!! Wow!

I think I will make 4 workout days my goal for the week. I did Hammer Plyometrics and it was tough! My bands haven't come in yet so I had to modify that section as well as the times with the bench but it was still hard.

Totally out of my comfort zone!!