Tracey's Maintenance Journal - Year One

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    edited November 2017
    Three days in a row at 153.2 so today I am doing a water fast to see if I can get things moving again in the downward direction. This week may have been too carb heavy, maybe next week I will reduce and see what happens.

Last night's dinner was cornish hen and homemade hibachi rice (so good, maybe ate more than I should. I measured my first serving and then went back for seconds) :# .
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    OMGGGGGGGG SO GOOD! Did you have yum-yum sauce?!?!
  • tlblanksfit
    No yum yum sauce, I thought about it and will definitely have to get some or find a recipe to make my own.
  • mistymeadows2005
    No yum yum sauce, I thought about it and will definitely have to get some or find a recipe to make my own.

YASSSSSSSSS and if you find a good recipe, let me know...I'd love to make some at home!
  • tlblanksfit
    OK, it's meal photo time. Tonight's meal and the meals from the last couple of nights

vvu2mr2fakfm.jpg
    Tonight's meal: Salt & vinegar wings (had 4), homemade hibachi rice, broccoli & Cheese

0c14e09dtdvl.jpg
    Yesterday's meal: cornish hen and homemade hibachi rice

azza8la3hikw.jpg
    Tuesday's meal: Chicken cheese steak and curly fries

• tlblanksfit
    Maintenance Week 1 Report

2bd108zhgc4g.png

Adjustments for week 2:
    • Cut feast days from 3 to 2 - Eliminate week day feast day
    • Reduce carb intake
    • Stick to OMAD basics on OMAD days (One meal only)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Good luck on your adjustments.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Making those changes will definitely help...Good luck this coming week o:)
  • mistymeadows2005
    That food looks AMAZING, and I like the idea you have for changes :) You're doing great!
  • tlblanksfit
    Thanks everyone. I was hoping I would be closer to my maintenance starting weight the first week, but it is what it is and I just have to figure out the plan that is going to work for me long term.

I hope to have my plan figured out within the first month. Eliminating the third feast day I think will be a big help as it always takes me longer to bounce back from feast day gains.

I am OMADing it today (Had to resist a chili cook off at work today), will have my feast days on Saturday and Sunday (Dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse for my niece's birthday) and back to OMAD on Monday.
  • Brendalea69
    You'll figure it out...Enjoy your weekend :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited November 2017
    Do you eat breakfasts on feast days? You could also try just eating a 16:8 schedule on your feast days or maybe on some of your feast days. I think that would help a lot.
  • tlblanksfit
    I don't usually eat until around 11:00 and eat until late in the evening on feast days. If I stop eating by 7 that will be the 16:8 so I will give that a shot.
  • tlblanksfit
    I am going to have to add water fast days into my maintenance plan. I am currently not doing well on my OMAD days and feel I would do better not eating. So Mondays and Thursdays will be my water fast days. I can't talk myself out of them if I want to maintain my weight. I usually eat early on Sundays after church so I won't eat anything after my after church meal on Sunday until my dinner meal on Tuesday. This will be about a 48+hour fast. Then we have Bible study on Wednesday so I will eat my meal around 5:30 and then will not eat again until Friday around the same time which will be a 48 hour fast as well. Incorporating these will definitely help so after tomorrow's 2:30 birthday dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse, I will drink only water until my OMAD dinner meal on Tuesday. I can not fail on this.

Friday - OMAD
    Saturday - Feast
    Sunday - Feast
    Monday - Water Fast
    Tuesday - OMAD
    Wednesday - OMAD
    Thursday - Water Fast
  • tlblanksfit
    edited November 2017
    Today's meal.

gm6je1ykazug.jpg
    Longhorn Steakhouse 6 oz sirloin and parmesan crusted chicken, broccoli, and steakhouse mac and cheese
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Good luck with the water fast days... That mac and cheese looks amazing btw!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I love Longhorn!
  • tlblanksfit
    edited November 2017
    Well, I've decided to hold off on today's water fast and opted for an early lunch time OMAD meal of Chinese food. One plate from the buffet. My standard Chinese buffet plate. This meal was eaten around noon so that will be all I eat today until my OMAD dinner tomorrow. My weight was 152.5 this morning so I had a loss of 0.4 pounds from Friday's weigh in with my feast days. I think eating my meal early yesterday helped.

I think on days that I can eat my OMAD meal early, I will which will put me in the fasted state longer on the day following where I eat a dinner meal.
  • Brendalea69
    edited November 2017
    Good job losing during feast days :)
  • tlblanksfit
    I haven't really been going all out on my feast days. They have been more of an OMAD with more food than normal or some snacking after my meal. I think I am kind of hesitant of going all out and really splurging since it takes me so long to bounce back from the splurge gains. I don't think I could take a 7 pound splurge gain right now. I still haven't bounced back from the 3.5 pound gain from my first weekend.