Tracey's Maintenance Journal - Year One

Options

Replies

• 00000liviu00000
    00000liviu00000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    3 feast days is (imho) too much, I personally feast 2 days (weekend). In my maintenance plan I do a 48 water fast period (Sunday evening to Tuesday evening), the rest is OMAD. I check my weight Sunday evening and Tuesday evening. Usually there is a normal difference of 1.5kg (3.3 pounds). If my lowest weight (Tuesday evening) is too low (in my case lower than 95kg), I try to eat food combination that increase weight (fat+carbs). If the weight is higher than 95kg I eat less carbs. This way I maintain my weight very strict, even my meals are not low quantities/calories.

btw, nice food images :)

PS Do you have any before/after pictures ?
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I think you’re doing pretty darned good considering you just dealt with Thanksgiving!! The smaller plate is an awesome idea, but be careful you aren’t too hungry afterwards or it could backfire the next day...
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Today's small plate OMAD meal. Meal eaten at 4:00pm

bli2aoml3hk7.jpg

I actually got a good amount of food on the smaller plate. I may just continue eating off of this plate for a while.

I took a picture of my two plates so that you can see the difference between my normal plate and smaller plate.

cwu9wvwwcrik.jpg

The small plate looks about the size of the plate Joe uses and it looks like plenty of food so as long as your satisfied then I say use it :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    3 feast days is (imho) too much,

I definitely agree. My maintenance calls for two feast days (Saturday and Sunday) same as you. Since starting maintenance, I have failed in following my plan, but I am not giving up and will get back on track with this new week. I have decided that starting this week with tomorrow, I will be doing water fast days on Mondays and Thursdays.

I was not going to put it on here because it has seemed every time I declared I was going to do something, I somehow managed to sabotage myself and not do it. But if I have to white knuckle through it until it comes naturally, I am going to do it because I refuse to go back to where I was and am determined to maintain my weight this time.

I like how Brenda put her plan out there and placed check marks after each day so I am going to do that this week and maybe it will keep me more accountable. I just have to figure out how to do the check marks :)

Monday - Water Fast
    Tuesday - OMAD
    Wednesday - OMAD
    Thursday - Water Fast
    Friday - OMAD
    Saturday - Feast
    Sunday - Feast

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Be careful with those water fasts. As long as you can handle it and it doesn't backfire, that should work for you. I have to keep everyday about the same and go for little deficits each day with very few feast days or I will gain. My maint plan is a 16:8 each day with a salad lunch and that works well for me. To lose I do 20:4 each day. If I try to be too aggressive, I will usually splurge the next day. Whatever works for you though do it!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Tracey I have a galaxy phone and I found the check mark under my emojis on my key board :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Thanks Brenda, I have a galaxy phone as well so I should be able to find it.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I don't think I will have a problem with the one day fasts. If they were back to back that might be a problem. I have class in the evenings on those days so I will be busy and should be able to keep to the fast.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your new plan!
    I feel like I may have to follow something similar to what you do given our sort of similar weight loss patterns, so I am taking notes!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I hope to get everything worked out within this first month of maintenance so that I have my lifetime plan. Something that I just do and know my weight will maintain and will not be something I have to think about constantly.
  • tlblanksfit
    edited November 2017
    Options
    My newly adjusted maintenance plan which will start today.

Monday - Water Fast
    Tuesday - Midday OMAD meal eaten between 11am and 1pm
    Wednesday - Evening OMAD meal eaten between 5pm and 7pm
    Thursday - Water Fast
    Friday - Midday OMAD meal eaten between 11am and 1pm
    Saturday - WIW-WIW
    Sunday - WIW-WIW

WIW-WIW = Whatever I Want - Whenever I Want
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    WIW--WIW I love it!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I decided to get away from going with feast days because it makes you think of pigging out when all you really want to do is eat what you want when you want. I wouldn't consider it feasting having breakfast on a Saturday. I just ate what I wanted when I wanted it. So I am going with that for now on.
  • Brendalea69
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I decided to get away from going with feast days because it makes you think of pigging out when all you really want to do is eat what you want when you want. I wouldn't consider it feasting having breakfast on a Saturday. I just ate what I wanted when I wanted it. So I am going with that for now on.

That's the same reason why I changed my splurge days to EAD (Eat All Day) but now that I think about it it seems like I'm eating ALL day long :o Oh heck I'm just gonna call it a splurge day like I have been :p
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Splurge day is good. Because you are basically splurging (eating freely) when you eat what you want when you want.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Monday - Water Fast✔
    Tuesday - Midday OMAD meal eaten between 11am and 1pm
    Wednesday - Evening OMAD meal eaten between 5pm and 7pm
    Thursday - Water Fast
    Friday - Midday OMAD meal eaten between 11am and 1pm
    Saturday - WIW-WIW
    Sunday - WIW-WIW
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I see you found your ✔ :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I did thanks to you
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Today's midday meal. The last of the thanksgiving leftovers.

na9953d73ywz.png
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Yummmm. I think I will make some macaroni and cheese this weekend. How was your fast yesterday?