Tracey's Maintenance Journal - Year One

Options

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Macaroni and cheese is the perfect food IMO.... I think I might just make some this weekend too...
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Macaroni and cheese is the perfect food IMO.... I think I might just make some this weekend too...

I agree. That and pizza. I could eat both of those all day everyday and never get tired.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    minigrrll wrote: »

I agree. That and pizza. I could eat both of those all day everyday and never get tired.

Me too :p
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I did very well on my fast yesterday and was down 3 pounds this morning. Today not so much. My OMAD day turned into a splurge day.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Monday - Water Fast✔
    Tuesday - Midday OMAD meal eaten between 11am and 1pm AND evening splurge (2 Salt and Vinegar Wings/Taco Salad/Cashews/Sweet Potato Pie/Cereal)
    Wednesday - Water Fast
    Thursday - OMAD
    Friday - OMAD
    Saturday - WIW-WIW
    Sunday - OMAD
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I make a macaroni and cheese (my wife makes it usually now) that my kids call "the best macaroni and cheese in the world"! It is a tomato based mac and cheese with meat in it. My mom used to make it and I got the recipe from her. It is one food that I almost cannot get full on. I can make a huge huge pan of it and can probably eat 8-large bowls of it if I wanted (I know I've done at least 5-large bowls of it before). I crave the stuff when I start eating it. That stuff is deadly for me. I have no limit with it! I'm a little like that with good pizza also but not as much.
  • Brendalea69
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I did very well on my fast yesterday and was down 3 pounds this morning. Today not so much. My OMAD day turned into a splurge day.

Just shake it off, my 2MAD turned into a Splurge day yesterday and I was up 3 pounds...The best part if maintenance is knowing that after a planned or unplanned splurge day the weight will come back down after getting right back to OMAD...You will be fine :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Do you think water fasting is backfiring? I wonder if it would be better for you to just eat everyday. Sometimes I can fast with no problem, but then other times, they trigger a binge. Maybe small plate OMAD every other day and WIW2 on the weekends might work?
  • tlblanksfit
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think it was more the early high carb meal than the fast. I did not fast today. I was off today and was hanging out with the hubby. We went to chik fil a and I had a grilled chicken club without the bun and water around 10:40. Around 3:30 I had my chocolate kale shake and around 5:45 I had some homemade hot honey wings and yellow rice with vegetables.

kfnwhxbld11f.jpg

Was under my calories for the day.

I am not going to forecast my eating plan anymore since I never seem to be able to follow it anyway. I will just take it one day at a time and do my best to make the right choices.
  • blambo61
    Options
    i think some good principles are:

don't start eating tell you get fairly hungry
    don't eat refined carbs early in the day - will set off bad things for me
    make sure you get adequate protein and veg and fruit (I think fruit is good for us)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Thanks for the tips Bob. I think you hit on my issues. I did not have any issues eating the early low carb meal yesterday so I will aim to keep any early eating low carb. I pulled off a 0.7 pound loss even with eating three times yesterday. My small plate plan is working so I will stick with that and hold off on eating if I am not truly hungry. I have not been eating much fruit from my keto days. I need to add them in. I had an apple the other day and really enjoyed it.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Last night's meal.

v6agrbamvews.jpg
    Veggie Tot casserole after coming out of the Air Fryer

bmrqeium66db.jpg
    What I actually ate after sharing some with the family before digging in.

I just made a small amount for me since it was my first time making it. I allowed the family to taste it to see if they like it before I make a family size dish.

The family really liked it so I will be making it for everyone real soon.

• tlblanksfit
    Options
    Today's Official Weigh-in Results

qwwtqmpy06cn.png

I am at a good place right now and have been doing pretty well the last couple of days getting my weight back down. I am just going to continue to take it day by day with the main goal being evening OMAD during the week and WIW2 on Saturday and Sunday. My plan for any before meal hunger is to hold off as long as I can and if it gets too bad I will drink a chocolate kale shake and that will hold me over until my meal. I did that yesterday and had a good drop today.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I think that is a great plan. Also you turned around the short gains really quick! You are doing it!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Great work staying in your maintenance range and I love your new plan :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Good work Tracey, you're back on course.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Well done, you are doing awesome. I keep seeing all the stuff you are making in your air fryer, they look so good. I am so close to buying one. Darcy doesn’t want me to though, he figures it will just be another appliance in the appliance graveyard. I have to keep reminding myself that you are a way more accomplished chef than I am and buying an air fryer won’t magically transform my cooking skills! :D
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Yes, I love this new plan! You’re doing great.
    The casserole sounds awesome! Please share when you get a chance.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're right on track Tracey!!! Nice work!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Today's meal.

q99v7a0zaopj.jpg

Yesterday's Meal

5oyx0dtq9mn9.jpg