December 2017 Move Your @$$ Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Starting the month with 6 miles. 100 seems a bit low for a goal. I know I can make it but it doesn't push me. Let's up it to 150.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    Okay, Dean, I agree, 100 seems low, so I see your 150 and raise it to 151... ;)

exercise.png

Let's have a great December!

Chris
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
  • power0304
    power0304 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi thoroughly enjoying being involved in this group. Move it or loose it With family and holiday commitments did not quite make it to goal. I'm in for 350 km again thank you :-)
  • pdfrazier08
    pdfrazier08 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    70 is my goal for December!!!
  • willnevergiveup
    willnevergiveup Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Goal - 250 miles
    12/1 15 miles
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    @power0304 - we like having you here! It's good to have another dedicated @ss mover in the group. Hope your cruise was good.

I got in a little 3 mile bike ride tonight - we went out and looked at the Christmas lights. My town has a rule about when they can be put up and tonight was the night all the stores put out their decorations. 3/50
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    12/01 - 7.46 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Chris
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Goal: 250.0 miles

12/01 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (not the best day today, really out of sorts)

Total: 23.0 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Dec. 1: It was a pretty rough day. I lost a 44 yr old PE colleague to a six year battle with prostrate cancer. He was an awesome person who never complained despite what he was going through. He leaves behind a wonderful wife, a fifth grader and a a set of twins in ninth grade. My heart just hurts tonight for his family. All he wanted was time to see his kids grow up. When my principals offered to teach my classes today, all I could think of was what he would want. So I sucked it up and taught my kids.

Adding 11 miles of purposeful walking and some easy cycling.
    TTD 11 miles

exercise.png

• momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thank you Janet and Dave for doing this month after month, year after year. I have been in and out of the MYA challenges over the last couple of years and it is always comforting to log on and see that this group is here to help me get back on track. I know its not been easy with all the real life challenges that happen and I truly appreciate your dedication.

Please put me in for 60 miles for December.
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    With the busy season I will drop to 75 miles

exercise.png

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Jumping back in to give it a final push for 50 miles biked or walked.
    Thank you for all the updating!
  • amazsplendor
    amazsplendor Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Dec 1
    Miles 5.37
    MTD 5.37

exercise.png
  • power0304
    power0304 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    November 1 - 10 km run
    November 2 - 16 km run
    November 3 - 5km club run / strength training

@JTH11706 thank you for your kind words and it was an awesome cruise. Just what the doctor ordered. Nearly there getting off my holiday weight :smile:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    First chance to get on here, coming home from the new job Thursday night, I got rear ended, so my computer time was focused on all the mess that goes with that.

Dean - I'm sorry for your loss :disappointed:

I'm down for 30 miles again this month and adding 3.4 from walking today. My weight's been going up with this new job - stress plus only getting 4-6000 steps a day when I'm not doing Boot Camp or HIIT. Had a great visit with my dietician this morning - part therapy, part tough love and we came up with a few changes.

3.4/30 Ticker is showing November despite being able to see the changes on their page. Whatever.
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    80 for me please!!!
  • anaconda469
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    Dec. 1: It was a pretty rough day. I lost a 44 yr old PE colleague to a six year battle with prostrate cancer. He was an awesome person who never complained despite what he was going through. He leaves behind a wonderful wife, a fifth grader and a a set of twins in ninth grade. My heart just hurts tonight for his family. All he wanted was time to see his kids grow up. When my principals offered to teach my classes today, all I could think of was what he would want. So I sucked it up and taught my kids.

Adding 11 miles of purposeful walking and some easy cycling.
    TTD 11 miles

exercise.png

I am sending {{{{{hugs}}}}}, a shoulder to cry on and my sympathies. This teacher sounds like an awesome, gifted individual. My thoughts and prayers to you, your colleagues and his family.
  • anaconda469
    Options
    In 2016 I cycled a bit over 4000 miles for the year. For 2017 I sort of set up a goal for myself, 6000 miles. In July/August I lost a ton of miles due to injury, so I just kinda put the goal on the back burner. I just took a look at my Strava data and I have 5,814 miles. I think I'm going to hit my personal goal of which I didn't think I was going to get :D:):D:)

Goal: 250.0 miles

12/01 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (not the best day today, really out of sorts)
    12/02 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (a down day, not able to visit my son due to snowstorm in the pass)

Total: 46.0 miles

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@anaconda469 - that's great news about your 6000 mile goal. I hope realizing how far you have gone helped make up for a crappy day.

@clepant - So, so sad. I'm glad you were able to do something to honor him.

@kar328 - you are so impressive! Things change, the diet and exercise get off kilter and you huddle with the dietitian and get busy fixing it. Inspiring.

I went for a 3 mile run this morning. I need to find time for a long run - I have Disney coming up - but I've been so busy with a huge project I'm doing as a volunteer. Almost done though so I hope things will come back around to normal and I can just have my usual busy day. Now to pay the bills, mail the Christmas cards and shop for health insurance. Yikes!
This discussion has been closed.