TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »

It’s freezing here too. Got to use the snowblower for the first time the other day for Winter Storm Grayson or Bombogensis as it’s been called.

While the end result might not be so great, that might be my favorite weather term ever.
  • AB0215
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)
    Goals: Leg day!!!! (Super happy about leg day :D) I killed leg day, or my legs, or both... but my calorie count...not so much. Guess leg day makes me hungry...oops.
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Nope, not today. I was a hungry girl.
    Exercise: Yes--25 mins leg training, 5 mins on the stair climber
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • jirish101
    jirish101 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This weather is making it hard to be motivated. It's been below zero for over a week now with a nor'easter on Thursday that dumped more snow we didn't need. Its 5 below now but real feel is 28 below with freezing rain for the beginning of the week.
    I've done well and just maintained this week. Here's to hoping next week will be better.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes 50 something min walking
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Track - yes
    Calories - under
    Exercise - nothing formal, but lots of steps on the Fitbit!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track -yes
    Calories -no
    Exercise -no
  • danzibob2016
    danzibob2016 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username: Danzibob2016
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 176
    Current Weight: 173.8

I have started tracking daily again but usually just over the limit I set myself. But still lost 2.2lbs! Next week will be better and I'm going to start walking to work a few days a week...knee permitting!
  • carolmonson
    carolmonson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well just sitting at the beach waiting for a tow truck to take my stupid 4x4 home. We decided to take a walk after dinner at the beach and now it wont start. Thankfully a lovely bloke took my hubby home to get my little car so we could get the kids home, but now im waiting for a tow. What an awesome start to the new year.last year ended crappy enough.

Track :yep
    Calories : way under
    Exercise : 30 min walk ( regretting that now )
    Water:2.5 liters

Stay warn peeps in the US and stay cool peeps in south of OZ.
  • saladhead123
    saladhead123 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Calories: no
    Tracked:no
    Exercise: yes
    Had the final turkey dinner yesterday. Feels good to get that done with, and now to meet my calorie goals each day.
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Username - JJKM02
    Weigh in week - Week 1
    Weigh in day - Friday
    Previous weight - 333lbs
    Current weight - 328.1

(Note - I posted on Friday, but I must have done something wrong or had technical difficulty!

Thanks!
  • AB0215
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Happy Sunday Slimsons and Welcome to Week 2!

Week 1 Winner's Circle:

1st Place:
    @IanMoone30 @mexiconona @JJKM02

2nd Place:
    @jennfalzon1979 @mjohemme

3rd Place:
    @Calli1616 @carolmonson @Fyreside @gjaholy33 @saladhead123 @ssssanaaaa

And this week's honorable mentions who did participate in a few days challenges or Question of the Week:
    @DanishFeta @deanit @hwara37 @sarahann104 @tfs27

Great job to all our winners and I hope to see more winners for Week 2!!

Also super job for thos of us who lost weight this week too!!

Be on the lookout in the next couple days for this week's Question of the Week!!

And as always..keep working toward your goals, we got this!!
    3z4wguhfy1mh.jpg
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Options
    I'm still figuring out how this all works - sorry to be slow! I have actually been - exercising every day for at least 20 minutes (usually more), eating within my calories and also tracking everything I eat. I just haven't been so good about posting about it! My goal for this week 2 is to get a bit better on that front. My weigh-in day is tomorrow - and it feels like it has been a lot longer than a week since I last weighed. Life just really rolls along in January! I haven't done the exercise for today, but will head out soon for that. I'll post later once I get to the end of the day and see how I did against my food plan! Go Slimsons!!
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Username - Fyreside
    Weigh in week - Week 1
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Previous weight - 268lbs
    Current weight - 268.5
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sorry to be late to the party! I think I accidentally left the group in December, and then never found my way back. Many thanks to @AB0215 for hunting me down and bringing me back!
    I'll be your "cheer squad" for January! And will catch up on everyone's post soon.

So about me....name is Kim. I live in Massachusetts and teach special ed. I like to run and to lift, and in the warmer months love going to the ropes course. I've been struggling with an injury (finally headed to the dr. this week), so that has been really frustrating. I'd lost about 70lbs over several years, but then over the past few years have gradually put back on about 12lbs. Basically every time I had an injury, I gained 2-3lbs. So I determined not only to not gain, but I actually want to try to lose some of the weight, even with the current injury. It is going to be tough. The goal is to lose 10lbs by the time the warmer weather arrives in May.

Not sure where we are in the weigh in's, but as of Fri was 150.0. Weigh in day is usually Thursday.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Had to days I slipped up. Need to get back on track. Need to sit down and plan my time to exercise and what I’ll do. It will help be accountable. Too easy to say next time or later if you have no plan
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - no
  • AB0215
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Sorry to be late to the party! I think I accidentally left the group in December, and then never found my way back. Many thanks to @AB0215 for hunting me down and bringing me back!
    I'll be your "cheer squad" for January! And will catch up on everyone's post soon.

So about me....name is Kim. I live in Massachusetts and teach special ed. I like to run and to lift, and in the warmer months love going to the ropes course. I've been struggling with an injury (finally headed to the dr. this week), so that has been really frustrating. I'd lost about 70lbs over several years, but then over the past few years have gradually put back on about 12lbs. Basically every time I had an injury, I gained 2-3lbs. So I determined not only to not gain, but I actually want to try to lose some of the weight, even with the current injury. It is going to be tough. The goal is to lose 10lbs by the time the warmer weather arrives in May.

Not sure where we are in the weigh in's, but as of Fri was 150.0. Weigh in day is usually Thursday.

Glad to have you back and glad to see you're getting the help you need for your injury!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Had to days I slipped up. Need to get back on track. Need to sit down and plan my time to exercise and what I’ll do. It will help be accountable. Too easy to say next time or later if you have no plan

We all have days that don't go as planned, but there's always another chance---it's called "TOMORROW" :)
  • AB0215
    Options
    mexiconona wrote: »
    Track - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - no

Great day, tracking your food and eating right is most of the battle!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    I'm still figuring out how this all works - sorry to be slow! I have actually been - exercising every day for at least 20 minutes (usually more), eating within my calories and also tracking everything I eat. I just haven't been so good about posting about it! My goal for this week 2 is to get a bit better on that front. My weigh-in day is tomorrow - and it feels like it has been a lot longer than a week since I last weighed. Life just really rolls along in January! I haven't done the exercise for today, but will head out soon for that. I'll post later once I get to the end of the day and see how I did against my food plan! Go Slimsons!!

You're doing great...you're doing all of the things that will help you get to goal!!
This discussion has been closed.