Options

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    squeeeyk wrote: »
    Newbie here. Just started keto 5 days ago though I've been on MFP off and on for about 2 years now. I should mention that I am eating at maintenance as I am breastfeeding and hoping that will be enough deficit without lowering my milk supply. Good luck everyone!

Weighing in!

SW 249.9
    GW 130.0
    12/31: 227.0
    1/7: 223.8

NICE!!! Excellent weight loss! Keep it going!

Thank you! I'm a bread lover and going keto has been so difficult for me, but it's been very helpful for my arthritis so I'm sticking to it!

There's a great recipe on Diet Doctor for a keto Almond bread, I use it all the time, easy to do and tastes great!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Christin09 wrote: »
    1/2 - 256
    1/7 - 251.1
    1/14
    1/21
    1/28

That loss was all in the first few days, haven’t lost for a few days now, wondering if that’s normal or if I’m doing something wrong?

The initial weight is usually mainly water from the change in the way you are eating. Give it a bit longer and you should see your weight starting to go down, especially once you turn into a 'fat' burner from being a 'sugar' burner.
    There's a great blog tuit nutrition which explains all about this. If you still aren't loosing anything in a few days check what you are eating and make sure your carbs are low enough. Come back advice anytime in this challenge and in the main Keto group that this is part of. Good luck!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    SW 254
    12/31 241.2
    1/7 234.8

Goodness, that's one amazing loss! :)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Second check-in! F/35/5'0.5"

12/31- 127.4
    01/07- 126.4

SW-134
    CW-127
    GW-112

Well done, you have very little to loose so a pound is really good!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    I didn’t update my weight last week, but I will continue updating on Sundays from now on!

1/2- 158.8
    1/7- 156.4

Welcome back and good loss!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    12/31 - 213
    01/07- 212.6
    /quote]

Heading in the right direction again! <3
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »

F/37/5'6"
    Keto Start: 7/17 - 262.2

January Goal: 8lbs

01/01- 199.6

I had a lovely week. I ate well, slept well, & got in 7 days of exercise. Scale never jumped back over 200, Thank GOD!!! I've started planning more of my dinners ahead of time before shopping and making sure I keep plenty of easy to portion & steam in bag veggies and individually wrapped meats & fish in my kitchen. It's helped that I can throw a bag of broccoli in to the microwave while a piece of fish bakes. 10 minutes and dinner is ready. I've found this to be helpful not only because it's easier to cook while I'm preparing meals for the rest of the family, but when it comes to logging, there's little or no measuring and most of my food is in the recent foods list here on MFP. I absolutely detest weighing every little ingredient and condiment, and now I don't mind logging at all.

I'm still amazed at how substantial my meals are, that I get to eat things I genuinely enjoy, AND that weight is still coming off. Here's to another successful week!

01/01: 199.6
    01/07: 197.6

• chinatowninchina
    Options

F/37/5'6"
    Keto Start: 7/17 - 262.2

January Goal: 8lbs

01/01- 199.6

I had a lovely week. I ate well, slept well, & got in 7 days of exercise. Scale never jumped back over 200, Thank GOD!!! I've started planning more of my dinners ahead of time before shopping and making sure I keep plenty of easy to portion & steam in bag veggies and individually wrapped meats & fish in my kitchen. It's helped that I can throw a bag of broccoli in to the microwave while a piece of fish bakes. 10 minutes and dinner is ready. I've found this to be helpful not only because it's easier to cook while I'm preparing meals for the rest of the family, but when it comes to logging, there's little or no measuring and most of my food is in the recent foods list here on MFP. I absolutely detest weighing every little ingredient and condiment, and now I don't mind logging at all.

I'm still amazed at how substantial my meals are, that I get to eat things I genuinely enjoy, AND that weight is still coming off. Here's to another successful week!

01/01: 199.6
    01/07: 197.6

Well done Nikki, your are getting well away from that 'border crossing'!! o:)
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Wow I love how busy this challenge is! Congrats on your progress everybody. I read them all but am headed out the door, so can't reply to each of you personally!!

Jan 1: 260.0
    Jan 7: 246.8

B) I worked it and it worked!!! B)
    Happy dancing!! I know this is all water weight, 245-247 was the lowest I hit before Christmas, but I'm still happy to see my body respond so quickly getting rid of the holiday gain. I can start clean now and work on seeing new numbers. I'm not normally a big loser/fast loser so this was super cool :)
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @River_Goddess That's just amazing!! It was water weight, but it didn't discourage you to keep you from getting the work done. Congrats on an amazing week!
  • jenconv
    jenconv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    @chinatowninchina have you been to Vienna before? It’s beautiful and the pork knuckle that is served everywhere is probably keto friendly.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @jenconv Yup, we have friends there and we are going to their wedding, however this time we are staying in the museum district rather than with them so we are going to really do the museums and galleries, so hopefully with walking round it will negate some of the food, obviously we will have to avoid the wonderful Weiner Schnitzel all those breadcrumbs! I'll look for the pork knuckle, thanks!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @River_Goddess Yippeeee! Back under the 250!!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 204
    Goal weight - 145
    1/1 - 154.5
    1/7 - 154
    1/14 -
    1/21 -
    1/28 -

Goal for January is to drop 2 pounds OR lose inches OR reduce BMI. I will take any one of them.

• hbarber85
    hbarber85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Pushed through the week. Craving swiss rolls like crazy, but hey! I'd rather feel good about myself forever than have 30 seconds of sugar in my mouth. I've been snowed in (in North Carolina!) and spending way too much money on Amazon. I found a new love for pecan butter and have a jump rope and resistance band on their way. Here's to a great week ahead! I'm hoping to get out of the 240s this week!

32/F/5’7”

Keto Start: December 23, 2017 - 251.5 lbs
    January Starting Weight: 245.0
    January Goal: 237.0 (-8 lbs)

12/31 - 245.0

01/07 - 241.5 (-3.5 lbs)
    01/14
    01/21
    01/28
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Waves to you from Cary, NC @hbarber85. Supposed to be 64 degrees later this week. Thank heaven. I've had enough of the cold. And Swiss Rolls? I sure wish Food Lion would get that display of nutty buddies and honey buns away from the self check out.... :#
  • hbarber85
    hbarber85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello from Goldsboro, @kpk54! I'm anxiously awaiting that temperature boost! Although, as a teacher, I've been kind of enjoying these snow days. ;) Ugh, nutty buddies. So delicious. I sure wish my Food Lion had a self check out. You guys get all the great things. Hello, Ikea!
  • fanatheart
    fanatheart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Can I still join?

Dec 31 - 142.1 kg
    Jan 7 - 140.7 kg

2852455.png
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Yes of course! Jump on in! :)