January 2018 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss @baconslave
    Thank you for the advice! I did eat low carb for my last pregnancy, atleast for the first half or so of it. My body tends to like flip a switch when I’m pregnant and it’s like my metabolism all of a sudden decides to start working. I did not track my foods last time so I’m not sure how many calories I was consuming daily. I’m at about 1300-1400 now. I’m assuming that’s too low, but I’ll definitely ask my doctor at my appointment next month. I just had bloodwork done last month and my cholesterol and glucose were good, so I’m hoping to have an uneventful pregnancy. This will be my 4th child, so I need to stay as healthy and as active as possible!
  • betsy0426
    betsy0426 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m still figuring out how to use the mfp app so I’m a bit late to this challenge, but I started Keto on dec 31st at 175lbs and this past Sunday I was 167lbs! My goal is to lose 40lbs my dream is to lose 60lbs. This is my first time trying keto. I’ll add a picture from the first day of week one to the first day of week 3.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Remind me to NEVER get hurt again! UGH!!! I'm paying for my weekend of laziness & debauchery...lol. In the name of accountability here's what that evil thing (scale) said to me this morning... I still think the cake was worth every bite and ounce. On to next week!!!

1/1 - 199.6
    1/7 - 197.6
    1/16 - 200.6
  • dbaca123
    dbaca123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, we started Keto on Jan 5th after completing a 3 day juice detox. Lost 2 lbs a day initially, however, now I have not had any weigh loss and even up a pound one day and down the next. I have refigured my macros a couple of times and they always come out the same, and I am staying on target with them. This week, week 3, I am following the Keto Reset by Mark Sisson. Anyone else had weight gain when starting Keto?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @dbaca123 1 pound up and down is not weight gain. It is normal weight fluctuations for the many reasons the human body fluctuates in weight. Do a google search on "why does body weight fluctuate" or something similar.

You might find it useful to get a weight trend app. Happy Scale for IPhone. Libra for android. There is also a website named TrendWeight.
  • Xirena
    Xirena Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Long time lurker, first time joiner lol. Late to the party, but I'll throw mine in. Need something to help keep me honest!

1/1-229
    1/8-227
    1/15-224
  • Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @veronicaringel That dress is beautiful!!! Also wondering where you hide your 158 lbs? You look great!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options

I know Sunday is our regular check-in, but yesterday was my birthday, and I would like to log in my birthday weigh on this thread for a matter of record. On my 68th birthday I weighed in at 191.0 lbs. Actually, I was hoping to weigh 180something on my BD, but that would have been a small miracle (14.5 lb.) weight loss in the first 16 days of the year. Considering the fact, I didn’t start Keto until 5 Jan, it would have been more than a small miracle.

Instead I’ve only lost 13.4 lbs since New Years day and 11.6 from the day I started Keto. This is the most success I’ve had in such a short time since I started my yo-yo dieting career back in the seventies. I know it has only been a short sample size but I am seriously motivated by the quick weigh loss and the way I feel. Being an expert on about every diet on earth that I have tried over the last 40 some years, I honestly feel this may be the one to do the trick.

I’m hopefully optimistic that by Sunday I will be back here posting a 180 something weight. I also think that Keto is not just a diet but a lifestyle that I can sustain. The truth is : I love to eat fat.

4ItHm8.png

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @veronicaringel You look wonderful. Well done and just try to stay about the same now as you look fabulous, I think your scales are wrong! I'm currently just a couple of pounds heavier than 158 and let me tell you I look NOTHING like you (not helped by the age gap!!) <3<3
  • chinatowninchina
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @stormywxs288 Happy Birthday and happy new way of life! Been a fabulous start for you well done. Hope you had a great day!
  • chinatowninchina
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Late to the party!
    F/29/5"8

SW: 248.6 lbs
    GW: 180 lbs

1/7: 245 lbs
    1/14: 242.2 lbs

I did go down to 241 lbs but then shark week happened :| ...
    TMI: I haven't been on them for months. This is really interesting, I am almost sure that Keto did this as nothing else has changed in my lifestyle.

It could be, as it's a diet that works well for people with PCOS. Good luck this week too!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    dgreene37 wrote: »
    SW 12/31 268

1/7 - 266
    1/14 - 264
    1/21 -
    1/28 -

Yeah and down you go!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    End of 2nd week check-in!
    F/30/5'9.75
    SW 290 CW below GW 165

12/31- 237.6

01/07- 234.2
    01/14- actually 1/16- 233.4

I didn't bother to check in sunday since my TOM was finishing up and I gave into a million cravings last week. Weighed in today and I'm moving on down the scale again. I'd like to be 229 by next check in and 225 by 1/31. Those are my targets, but of course going to be kind and compassionate with myself as I make my way.

Well done, good start and the best thing is to do exactly what you say about being kind to yourself on the way. <3
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Snookie86 wrote: »
    12/31 - 191.6

1/7 - 193.0
    1/15 - 192.4
    -

Going down again, excellent!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @betsy0426 welcome and well done this week!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Xirena wrote: »
    Long time lurker, first time joiner lol. Late to the party, but I'll throw mine in. Need something to help keep me honest!

1/1-229
    1/8-227
    1/15-224

Welcome lurker!! Doing well it seems, good luck this week B)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    Remind me to NEVER get hurt again! UGH!!! I'm paying for my weekend of laziness & debauchery...lol. In the name of accountability here's what that evil thing (scale) said to me this morning... I still think the cake was worth every bite and ounce. On to next week!!!

1/1 - 199.6
    1/7 - 197.6
    1/16 - 200.6

Sometimes we just have to be human!! <3
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Sooooo.... does anyone do intermittent fasting??