January 2018 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I’m still very early, it came as quite a surprise since we were actively trying to prevent pregnancy. Guess we weren’t very good at it lol. It’s been almost exactly a year since I was pregnant last time(due dates are about 8 days apart), unfortunately that ended as an ectopic pregnancy.
    I’m hoping to still lose some weight. They told me last time I should only gain 11-20 lbs and I was able to keep it to exactly 20. I’d like to be on the low end this time. That’s if the pregnancy sticks of course. I have an increased chance of another ectopic, and being older, an increased chance of miscarriage.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    Hey all! I've injured my foot. I'm sitting around being waited on (the agony! :D ) I won't be able to update until I can make it downstairs to the scale. Another day or two the most. I'm cheering you all on though. Congrats @Figaver !!! <3

Hi Nikki, how's the foot doing? Some people will do anything to avoid weighing in!! If I know you you will have lost a bunch even sitting napping! :)<3

LOL, Most likely not. We shall see. They brought me a tres leches cake I could NOT refuse. So many things I haven't refused but I'm not worried about it.
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options

This is my first Sunday check-in with this group. Just updated the cool spreadsheet Nikki made for us. I’ve only been doing Keto for 9 days now and I’ve got to say I’m impressed so far. I realize my initial weight loss is mostly water as I become keto adapted. However, I must to admit the weight loss does motivates me, even if it is mostly water weigh. Though it is way early I feel I’ve already experienced some of the advantages I heard about before I started this keto adventure. My energy has improved, inflammation in my joints seems reduced and I appear to need less sleep.

The thing I really feel lucky about is, other than a very small headache for a few days, I’ve seemed to avoid the keto flue I heard so much about before I started.

I’d like to share one more thing with this group so everyone can understand my bowling ball photo. My bowling ball weighs 15 lbs. One of my goals is to lose the weigh of two balls (30lbs) by March. So far I’ve lost 0.6 bowling balls. With the support of this group and keto I hope to keep on rolling toward my goal.

n9hHm8.png

• HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Started Keto 10/17- 184lbs

12/31- 146!
    01/07- 144
    01/14- 142
    01/21
    01/28
    I am happy with that. 7 more pounds to go!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 great attitude and weight loss :)@HaideeJo13 you just keep on loosing! <3
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Figaver wrote: »
    Thanks all! I’m still very early, it came as quite a surprise since we were actively trying to prevent pregnancy. Guess we weren’t very good at it lol. It’s been almost exactly a year since I was pregnant last time(due dates are about 8 days apart), unfortunately that ended as an ectopic pregnancy.
    I’m hoping to still lose some weight. They told me last time I should only gain 11-20 lbs and I was able to keep it to exactly 20. I’d like to be on the low end this time. That’s if the pregnancy sticks of course. I have an increased chance of another ectopic, and being older, an increased chance of miscarriage.

That's not fun in any way. Hopefully it will go well for you all this time. xxx
  • meredithsawyer
    meredithsawyer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Third check-in! F/35/5'0.5"

12/31- 127.4
    01/07- 126.4
    01/14- 125.5
    01/21
    01/28

SW-134
    CW-124.4
    GW-112
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Third check-in! F/35/5'0.5"

12/31- 127.4
    01/07- 126.4
    01/14- 125.5
    GW-112

Nice steady loss!
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Finally reached the one-derland benchmark! YAY!!
    First time I’ve been under 200 lbs in 5 years!
    Next benchmark is 50 lbs lost...will hit that in 11 lbs.
    Jan 1 - 205.4
    1/7 - 201.4
    1/15 - 198.8
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Jan 1 - 205.4
    1/7 - 201.4
    1/15 - 198.8

Brilliant, you really deserve this especially with everything you've gone through recently <3<3
  • JoannaVenuto
    JoannaVenuto Posts: 46 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Late to the party!
    F/29/5"8

SW: 248.6 lbs
    GW: 180 lbs

1/7: 245 lbs
    1/14: 242.2 lbs

I did go down to 241 lbs but then shark week happened :| ...
    TMI: I haven't been on them for months. This is really interesting, I am almost sure that Keto did this as nothing else has changed in my lifestyle.
  • dgreene37
    dgreene37 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    SW 12/31 268

1/7 - 266
    1/14 - 264
    1/21 -
    1/28 -
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Jan 1 - 205.4
    1/7 - 201.4
    1/15 - 198.8

Alright!!!!!
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

NikkiJRM wrote: »
    Hey all! I've injured my foot...

Hey there Nikki! I hope that you are alright?! You aren't missing much out here. It's bitter cold again. (I am just north of NYC.) Tried to get some stuff done out in the yard today but frozen my fingers and ran back inside. Take care of that foot, darlin. There's only so much channel chasing that a girl can do! Seriously, I hope that you get better soon!
  • LadySlimMcFancyPants
    LadySlimMcFancyPants Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    End of 2nd week check-in!
    F/30/5'9.75
    SW 290 CW below GW 165

12/31- 237.6

01/07- 234.2
    01/14- actually 1/16- 233.4
    01/21
    01/28

I didn't bother to check in sunday since my TOM was finishing up and I gave into a million cravings last week. Weighed in today and I'm moving on down the scale again. I'd like to be 229 by next check in and 225 by 1/31. Those are my targets, but of course going to be kind and compassionate with myself as I make my way.
  • Snookie86
    Snookie86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    12/31 - 191.6

1/7 - 193.0
    1/15 - 192.4
    1/21 -
    1/28 -
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I started out the week strong once again and was down 5 lbs by Thursday, but wine and chocolate took over this weekend. Still a loss, but could have been better. I did cut out diet soda and I didn’t feel the need to snack as much. I’m determined to not unravel this weekend and stick to my eating goals. Wine definitely won’t be the problem, as I’ve just found out I’m pregnant

@Figaver - Here's to hoping congratulations are in order! :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

@Figaver - Sending you the best of thoughts. Keto sometimes has the side effect of improved fertility... And just in case you're wondering, it is safe to stay on keto during pregnancy, especially since you're already adapted. You may still want some carbs, especially at first, but keeping yourself below 75, but as close to your normal keto as possible will really help keep that pregnancy weight down...

I hope you carry to term successfully, and have a happy healthy baby! (HUGS)

@baconslave and others might have some suggestions for you...
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@Figaver - Sending you the best of thoughts. Keto sometimes has the side effect of improved fertility... And just in case you're wondering, it is safe to stay on keto during pregnancy, especially since you're already adapted. You may still want some carbs, especially at first, but keeping yourself below 75, but as close to your normal keto as possible will really help keep that pregnancy weight down...

I hope you carry to term successfully, and have a happy healthy baby! (HUGS)

@baconslave and others might have some suggestions for you...

Sticky baby dust your way!!!
    I lost a baby at 11.5 weeks about 7 years ago. It was devastating. Hoping for the best for you. :heart:

I can't disagree with Knit at all. That's perfect advice! I had to go low-carb due to gestational diabetes during my last pg. I wasn't all that low-carb, maybe between 100-120. My dr had no idea about low-carb but just put me on a 2000-cal diabetic diet. About 30g carbs per meal with two 15g snacks. I lost 10lb. I ate plenty. Of course by that point I had already gained 35lb, so the 10lb loss helped a lot. Had I been eating lower-carb all along, I'm confident I wouldn't have gained that much to begin with. After the pregnancy though, to get rid of the high blood sugars, I had to go down in carbs further to keto-level carbs for a few months. I was pretty dang overweight to begin with and was probably prediabetic, only I didn't know it.

Oh, and Remember the electrolytes! The need for them doesn't change. You need to stay hydrated.