January 2018 Challenge

Options

Replies

• HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I got the Weight Guru Bluetooth scale. Used the 20% coupon... yay! Its really cool. I almost waited till tomorrow morning to weigh and get it set up lol... i have had a lot of water today. Decided screw it and got on and set it up. Even better... i was pound less than my weigh in on Sunday and it's halfway through the day. Double YAY!
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    My scale is crapping out on me. As much as I would love to weigh 120-130. Like my scale told me, I know that that is not accurate lol. So i am going today to get a new one. Any suggestions? I know I want digital. I had a Taylor digital scale from Wal-Mart. Has anyone tried the Bluetooth scales?

I have a Weight Gurus Bluetooth scale. I love it! It syncs with MFP, FitBit, and probably other apps as well. It does body composition, and although I'm fairly certain it's not the most accurate way to measure BMI & body fat, I use those stats to see how I'm trending in those areas. I bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon. MSRP is 59.99.

Thank you for the suggestion! I went out and bought that one. I already love it!!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    My scale is crapping out on me. As much as I would love to weigh 120-130. Like my scale told me, I know that that is not accurate lol. So i am going today to get a new one. Any suggestions? I know I want digital. I had a Taylor digital scale from Wal-Mart. Has anyone tried the Bluetooth scales?

I have a Weight Gurus Bluetooth scale. I love it! It syncs with MFP, FitBit, and probably other apps as well. It does body composition, and although I'm fairly certain it's not the most accurate way to measure BMI & body fat, I use those stats to see how I'm trending in those areas. I bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon. MSRP is 59.99.

Thank you for the suggestion! I went out and bought that one. I already love it!!

Awesome! I was thrilled to find one that does what it does for a good price. Enjoy it (as much as anyone can enjoy a scale :D )
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Did some more formatting on the spreadsheet. I LOVE stats & numbers. I'm sure the numbers will change as more people add themselves to it.

So far for the month of Jan, the group has lost 84.6lbs, which comes in at 1.62% of our body weight. I can't wait to see these numbers grow!!!
  • Ketomilly1
    Ketomilly1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!!!! Can’t wait to see the month’s totals!!! Thanks Nikki for the spreadsheet!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. My name is Stormy I'll be 68 six days from today. I didn't start keto until 5 Jan but I did start eating better on New Year's day. Anyway, I'd like to add my effort to the group.

31 Dec - 204.4 lbs
    7 Jan - 202.2 lbs

I'll check in Sunday with some more weight loss.
  • tylerjac
    tylerjac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in. About five years ago I lost 60 pounds in a year and was at a very healthy weight of 200, kept the weight off for 2 years then I have been yo-yo’ing 20-40 pounds a year since. I hit 260 again last spring after a major shoulder surgery lost some weight before summer. However I have a seasonal business during the summer that has me working 80-90 hours a week so weight loss was on the back burner. I finished up in November and weighed in at 245. I dropped down to 219 before Christmas then gained back 5 pounds. I started a keto diet and 16:8 intermittent fasting on 1/7 and I’m already back down to 219 (water weight mostly). My goal is to lose another 30-40 pounds of fat. I’d like to be under 200 pounds however I used to work out 2-3 a day weight lifting and would like to get back to that so if I can’t get under 200 im good with that as long as I can start getting a six pack again
  • claralair
    claralair Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sooo late - sorry!

12/31- 213.2
    01/07 - 212.8
    01/14
    01/21
    01/28

I'm looking forward to posting better progress this Sunday!
  • babola123
    babola123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So late checking in! But here are my stats:

HW: 184 CW:184 GW: 140

01/02: 184
    01/07: 177
    01/14:
    01/21:
    01/28:
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @JoannaVenuto that sounds amazing thanks I will try it!

• chinatowninchina
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @stormywxs288 @tylerjac welcome! also @babola123 excellent work! and @claralair yeah it wasn't up!

Also would everyone like to try using the spreadsheet Nikki developed I think it's going to be much easier to log weight on that. If anyone has a problem using it just post here and Nikki will explain! Also you can find it with the announcements where the monthly Challenge is right above the discussions section.The link to the spread sheet is the first page top box. Even I found it and found it easy to use, though Nikki managed to do her's in fancy script! <3 It would probably be best if we generally agreed to do most comments and support etc in this monthly Challenge section otherwise if we do lots of comments etc on the 'spreadsheet announcement' the actual spread sheet may get difficult to find! Not sure if I'm correct or not but I suspect so! What do you think anyone/everyone any objections/worries? Over to you!
  • babola123
    babola123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @chinatowninchina! I put my stats in the spreadsheet. Easy as pie. I agree with limiting comments to this thread only, and I love to read them all in one place!
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks this is great, I would like to join the challenge as well. Hopefully better late than never and I'll be properly prepped for February.

Thanks to Nikki for doing the spreadsheet, I added my numbers. Was a bit shocked to see that when I convert kg to lb I was over 200lb... eek! But that is going to go down from now on.

I just started keto yesterday, did it last year with great success but then sugar addiction kicked in and then I went downhill again. Hoping to get all that behind me this year and back to a fighting weight.

SW: 1/1/18 - 91.4kg or 201.08lb
    W1: 7/1/18 - 90.4kg or 198.88 (thank goodness under 200)
    W2: 14/1/18 -
    W3: 21/1/18 -
    W4: 28/1/18 -
    GW sometime this year 64kg or 140lb (thereabouts)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @SkimFlatWhiteNoSugar well done at least you are in Onederland now! Also if you're doing Keto shouldn't you change your coffee order.........creamflatwhitenosugar, less carbs that way!!!
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    @SkimFlatWhiteNoSugar well done at least you are in Onederland now! Also if you're doing Keto shouldn't you change your coffee order.........creamflatwhitenosugar, less carbs that way!!!

Today I had a long black :) I'd love to be able to get a bulletproof coffee when I'm out and about.

I did think about changing my profile name, but I've been on here for years under the same name and I'm kind of attached to it!
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Not sure if recipes are allowed in this group.
    I just made the most fantastic Ceasar Salad dressing/dip.

The macros per tablespoon are as follows:
    Fat: 10g
    Carbs: 0g
    Protein: 3g

If any of you is interested I'll type down the recipe and send it :) !

goodness me, just about everything (as long as it's polite!) is allowed, let's have the recipe!

Here is the Ceasar Salad dressing/dip recipe!

1 cup Hellman's mayo
    1 cup freshly grated parmesan
    80ml of olive oil
    1 tbsp anchovy paste (you will not taste it at all, it only brings a savoury taste to it.)
    Zest of 1 lemon
    Juice of 1 lemon
    2 tbsp balsamic wine vinegar
    1 tsp black pepper

Blend everything together until smooth. If too chunky you can add more olive oil. It will thicken up in the fridge.

This made a little over 2 cups. I like to let it chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge, it tastes a lot better when chilled. Soooo so good!

That sounds awesome Joanna! Thank you!
  • csheh
    csheh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too, if it's not too late. How do I access the spreadsheet? I've never done one of these before.
  • JoannaVenuto
    JoannaVenuto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Keto Chocolate Mousse "Fat Bomb"

I was playing around in the kitchen and made an awesome chocolate dessert!
    Only 3 ingredients, about 5min prep time, and totally fat bomb status.

-1 Belgioioso Mascarpone (the whole container, about 224g)
    -1.5 tbsp sugar free chocolate syrup (I can't recall the brand, it has 1g of carbs per 2tbsp)
    -3 tbsp Oakhurst heavy cream

Mix the dairy products first, once incorporated add the chocolate.
    This tastes like a super rich chocolate mousse; if you are having issues with food addiction this might be a trigger, but otherwise it's a great way to hit those macros and satisfy a sweet tooth. It's also very filling!

Macros per serving (makes 3 servings):
    Fat: 42.3g
    Net Carbs: 1g
    Protein: 5.7g
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    csheh wrote: »
    I'm in, too, if it's not too late. How do I access the spreadsheet? I've never done one of these before.

It's never ever too late! So just go to this Keto Group's Announcements where you found this. It has the Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet there as well. Open this and the first page and first post when you go into the announcement has a link in it. Just click on to open it, move the pages along find a space to add your name then your current weight in the roughly correct date, they are set to Sunday as that's our generally agreed weighing in day. Why we choose a Sunday I don't know as it gives you no weekend wiggle room at all ahhhhhhhh! Good luck!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Weigh in: so just added my weight to the spread sheet, down this week so very pleased but of course about to go away for a week so mmmmmm oooops! Still the wedding we are going to is at the end of the week and I want to fit into my clothes and not feel bloated so there is some hope that I'll be really careful!
    Also the day after we get back (22nd) we move into the rental while our house is renovated after the fire so at least I will have a kitchen again, yipee amazing! I am sooooo looking forward to cooking and not eating in restaurants most of the time, this has been since 4th December so frankly, although I haven't lost much, I'm delighted that I've lost anything at all. Also into the 150s only by the skin of my teeth and it will probably go up this week but at least I've seen it!!!