Dkay OMAD progress

Replies

• sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Glad life is feeling a little less crazy! You'll be back to 184 in no time... just gotta give your body some time to re-adjust! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Glad things are settling down! Hope everything is okkkkk...you'll be back down to 184 in no time :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Im glad things are better <3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Just get back at it. We've all had set-backs and that is a small one. You will get there!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I am glad you did it. Now you can just move on and get back on track. You have this!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    He everyone! Happy Happy Friday!!!!!

So last week I was back up to 187 which was not a shock since it had been a crazy week filled with stress and lack of sleep. So with being refocused this week the OMAD was a lot better, still have some stress and sleeplessness going on but not as bad as last week.
    Today's weigh in I was down to 184.2 :):) so I lost the 3 I had gained + .4 because the week before I was 184.6. Still not perfect, but at least it is downward. Since starting on Feb.2 I have lost 12.8 lbs total!

With this WOE I feel more in tune with not only my eating but my body in general. I can tell when I am retaining water and know the reason is due to a higher than average sodium meal. Still loving this, and hoping for another great week. The goal is still to be at 180 by the end of the month. We shall see!

Stay strong everyone and have a great Irish weekend!!
    Donna
  • blambo61
    That is a great report! Congrats!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Awesome Progress Donna, Keep at it and you will reach your goal.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Just catching up on your thread, Donna, and you're doing great! Keep it up!
  • sunnycobayo
    Donna, you're doing amazing! :)
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2018
    You had an awesome week Donna :)<3
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    How did your weekend go, Donna?
  • dkayingram
    Hi Everyone,

I had a good weekend. I did a 2mad on Saturday and Sunday but nothing really crazy or to be considered a splurge. For some reason yesterday I got off track some and ended up eating some cheese nips around 4 before dinner. I just couldn't stop and have no idea why. I think it had to be stress related as I really wasn't starving. I still have to be able to rein in the emotional or stress eating, because it will sneak up on you.

Anyway I will do my pre-weigh in tomorrow and my main weigh in on Friday. Would love to see 182 by the end of the week but not sure if that will happen or not. I do know the plan works and I will not give up or give in!
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Isn't it amazing how stress can override good sense? I'm the same way and I'm working on trying to overcome that, too. OMAD definitely makes it easier, but still a struggle.
    You're doing great! Life gets crazy but you're working through it.
  • Brendalea69
    I hope you have a good weigh in, Good luck :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Rooting for that 182 on the scale for you! :)
  • sammygold2015
    Cheese crackers are my enemy. I love them, but once I start munching on them, I need all of them in my mouth as fast as possible! Good Luck!
  • blambo61
    Stress is the hardest thing for me to deal with. Don't have time for dealing with dieting when too stressed is how I feel. Anyways there are other days to deal with it!
  • dkayingram
    Hey everyone,
    Happy Friday! I overslept and missed my weigh in today. So my plan is weigh first thing tomorrow morning. I have had a great week (other than the cheese nips) :) so I am hoping for a loss on the scales.

I continue to feel so energized and can't even describe how well I am sleeping at night. It is amazing how this WOE really affects other things. I also have realized that carbs are a worse enemy than fat is for me. I am not sure the science behind it, maybe one of you more experienced folks can answer that. But if I have a meal at night heavier in carbs, the scale will always go up the next morning more than if I have something that is higher in fat.

Hope you all have a great weekend! And I will report my weigh in tomorrow!

• sammygold2015
    I am uber sensitive to carbs, but I will always level out a couple days after a heavy carb meal. And lets face it, once I am done losing weight I will eat carbs, so I want to eat carbs now and know that my body will lose weight and still enjoy carbs.

Here is a great article on your carb vs. fat question

https://www.livestrong.com/article/362968-why-do-carbohydrates-make-you-gain-weight/