Dkay OMAD progress

Replies

• Michelleanon
    Michelleanon Posts: 40 Member
    I have battled the overweight thing all my life. As you can see the profile pic is three jeans sizes down but that was 4 years ago and fell right back into the slump...I did the regular diet stuff with eating right and weight/cardio training, dukan diet and everything else you can possibly think of..Anyway, I am now trying this as I cannot physically get in the gym and embarrass myself right now. My thoughts are to loose some and then get back into working out. I started with the 16:8 since last week and I feel a lot better and not that many hunger pangs in the mornings ( I never use to miss bfast) but by 12 noon I am famished so not to eat until later makes me feel nauseous. The latest time I eat is 7pm and then not again until 12:00 noon the next day. I am also eating more protein, plenty veggies and hardly any carbs at all. The week is a breeze but weekends are my downfall. Not with food but with wine. I do like a few glasses of red wine. Will this mess up everything? If I am eating lightly at noon and then again lightly before 7pm and not meeting the full caloric recommended amount, will that still work as opposed to only eating once a day? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Hi Michelleanon:

I think everyone has a different plan that works for them. For me, I am doing a 23:1 OMAD eating only one meal a day and my window is from 6-7pm. I have just started this as of 2-5-18 and have already lost 6lbs. I feel great! Haven't been hungry, at all. On Saturday and Sunday I do a 2mad and also have a couple of glasses of wine, and I have been fine.

I would suggest putting your post in the OMAD chitchat/introduction section, the members in this group are fantastic, and several have been doing this for a while, I don't feel that I am far enough in my journey to answer your questions accurately.

Best of luck though would love to keep up with how you are doing!

Donna
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I have battled the overweight thing all my life. As you can see the profile pic is three jeans sizes down but that was 4 years ago and fell right back into the slump...I did the regular diet stuff with eating right and weight/cardio training, dukan diet and everything else you can possibly think of..Anyway, I am now trying this as I cannot physically get in the gym and embarrass myself right now. My thoughts are to loose some and then get back into working out. I started with the 16:8 since last week and I feel a lot better and not that many hunger pangs in the mornings ( I never use to miss bfast) but by 12 noon I am famished so not to eat until later makes me feel nauseous. The latest time I eat is 7pm and then not again until 12:00 noon the next day. I am also eating more protein, plenty veggies and hardly any carbs at all. The week is a breeze but weekends are my downfall. Not with food but with wine. I do like a few glasses of red wine. Will this mess up everything? If I am eating lightly at noon and then again lightly before 7pm and not meeting the full caloric recommended amount, will that still work as opposed to only eating once a day? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

You could join the group called "Intermittent Fasting" and you could join this OMAD group, both will help you :)
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    But the people in this omad group are so sweet and supportive! So glad you have found what works for you and that it makes you feel great! I know I've tried numerous diets out there and they don't come close to doing OMAD.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Congrats, that is some real good progress!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Wow, amazing result!
  • rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Fantastic progress!!!
  • dkayingram
    So today is the official weigh in day for me. I like Fridays because since I do 2mad on Sat/Sun it doesn't stress me out to have to weigh on Monday. Of course, I have no self control, so I get a sneak peek on Wednesdays as well. :):)

So.......
    2-5 SW 197
    2-16 189.6 so in two weeks 7.4lbs :):) what the what?!?!

I honestly don't even remember how long ago it was when I was in the 180s. :)

My goal for the end of February is 187 and that is two pounds away.

The best thing about this is how wicked easy it is!!! No worrying about food during the day, just being productive and then focusing on a great meal at night. And you know what, last night I had cheese grits, shrimp, salad and a cupcake for dinner! *the grits - it's a southern thing for those of you not from the south* :).

Thanks ya'll for all the comments and support! Keep on staying strong!

Happy Friday!!!!

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Wow, you are doing great. You'll be leaving the 180's in the dust before you know it. I love me some shrimp and grits as well. I am so glad that OMAD is working for you as it really is an awesome way of eating.
  • Brendalea69
    Donna you are doing great and I'm sure you'll reach your goal :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    AMAZINGGGGGGGG progress! The power and wonder of OMAD!
  • rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    This is amazing progress Donna! Keep up the great work
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Good for you, keep up the good work.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    I'm loving all the results you're seeing, Donna! So incredible! I saw that you noted you like to do 2MAD on the weekends... may I ask, do you isolate your eating to an 8 hour window during that time? Or, is it strictly what it says--two plain meals?

I'm just curious, but so far with OMAD, I've been eating strictly OMAD for 6 days a week, then one day is a "free" day where I eat two meals with a snack or two. Do you think it'd be more beneficial for me to have two 2MAD days and five OMAD days, vs. what I'm doing now?

I feel like there has to be a less confusing way of asking what I'm asking... so hopefully you can follow my scrambled words, haha. Looking forward to seeing more of your progress! You're doing great! <3
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    dkayingram wrote: »
    And you know what, last night I had cheese grits, shrimp, salad and a cupcake for dinner! *the grits - it's a southern thing for those of you not from the south* :).

I love shrimp and grits! Great progress and keep it up!

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    You are doing great! I think it is good to look at the scale often (as long as it doesn't cause discouragement). Keep it up!
  • dkayingram
    Thanks everyone! I had a long four day weekend but did OMAD for Friday/Saturday and was a bit more laxed on Sunday/Monday. Weigh in for me will be Friday this week. Hoping for another couple of pounds to make it a loss of 10 for the first month.

Sunny - for me I do OMAD five days a week M-F. On Saturday it is my typical free day where I may eat something for breakfast (omlette) and then dinner. I am not really a snacking person so I haven't done that. On Sunday it is just a small yogurt for breakfast and then dinner. This is what is working for me right now. I think it just depends on your body and what you can handle. In terms of timing, on the weekends my breakfast would be around 9am or 10am and i wouldn't eat again until around 7. So for those days, just a couple of hours, but I am not really that strict with the timing if that makes sense.
    Hope you are doing well!

• dkayingram
    Good morning,

I did my pre-weigh in yesterday and was down from 189.6 to 188. The official weigh in is tomorrow and I am really hoping for another pound to get to 187. If so, that will be 10lbs gone for the month of February. Fingers crossed.

Have done really well this week with OMAD, other than a few hunger pains on Monday (after coming off Sat/Sun 2mad no big issues.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Brendalea69
    Fingers crossed ×× :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Fantastic Thread. You are rocking hardcore! Good luck with your goal for tomorrow!