TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options

Replies

• Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Fyreside wrote: »
    @AB0215 Cool, thanks for the info, next time I go shopping I will see what I can find. I like the idea of this recipe. https://theketocookbook.com/keto-recipes/turkey-burgers/ I've never really looked for it, so maybe it's been there all along. But I must say I can't recall ever seeing ground turkey at the store.

LoL about BBQ. Fun fact. Aussies don't even use the word shrimp, we call them prawns. We also don't drink Fosters lol.. We actually send it away so we can keep all the good beer to ourselves. :blush: The kids do ride kangaroo's to school tho.. That one is definitely true.

There's also ground chicken too...I once bought that to make pizza crust, never got around to trying that, but it's there. lol.

I've never put shrimp (or prawns lol) on the BBQ (or Barbie) but it sounds like a total pain, but oddly delicious, and I'm genuinely sad you don't throw them on there. lol. and you're never short on fun facts. I've always liked the idea of visiting Australia, although I don't like to travel, I always thought that would be a fun place to visit.

Side note---how do you park your kangaroo at school? Just wondering. I can't imagine he sits there waiting...

Ground chicken pizza base you say.... The plot thickens.

With the Prawns, I don't tend to eat them, but my housemate's do.. And they do literally just throw them on the barbie, you know they are cooked because they change colour. Today we had bacon, eggs and snags. Do they call sausages snags over there? Over here we call them sangas or snags lol.

With the roo parking.. They love to snooze, so you just find a shady spot. Also most kids ride lady roos for the extra luggage space.
    llph30wwe5ui.jpg

Hey, going for the total side note here.. Ages ago you reccomended some MFP browser add ons for things like net carb, and I only just got around to installing them.. It's AMAZING! Thanks.
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Week March Week 3
    PW: 248
    CW: 247.2

I almost forgot to post!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Ground chicken pizza base you say.... The plot thickens.

With the Prawns, I don't tend to eat them, but my housemate's do.. And they do literally just throw them on the barbie, you know they are cooked because they change colour. Today we had bacon, eggs and snags. Do they call sausages snags over there? Over here we call them sangas or snags lol.

Hey, going for the total side note here.. Ages ago you reccomended some MFP browser add ons for things like net carb, and I only just got around to installing them.. It's AMAZING! Thanks.

Like I said, I haven't tried the chicken crust, (and there's 2 ways to make it, one with ground chicken and one with canned chicken), but I have some friends who LOVE chicken crust pizza, right now I'm watching my protein like a hawk and that would put me way over so I can't eat it, but I might feed it to my hubby and see what he thinks, while he likes my fathead crust, he said it lacks the traditional pizza feel, but still a good swap for a low carb option.

Canned Chicken Crust Full disclosure on this one--I have a friend who made it and he said it was a pain to make, but tasted good.

Ground chicken crust If I was going to make one, this would probably what I would try...seems easier.

I love shrimp, but I have to watch it, I have a mild allergy. Since I eat keto, I tend to pan fry them in butter and garlic...so good. They are super easy to cook BECAUSE they change color. I never realized that they weren't always pink until I bought them uncooked...like 8 months ago lol.

I'm glad you like those browser add ins. I was wondering if you ever tried them, they make life a lot easier, but sadly, I have gone away from tracking with MFP because I have a nutrient issue and had to find something that tracked specific nutrients better so I strayed to another tracking app, but I stay here for you guys, I love this group and the social aspect of MFP.
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Turkey burgers are delicious, i love them. I use ground turkey or chicken meat in meatballs instead of ground beef. My stepmom gave me that idea because she was watching her cholesterol, and I like the turkey or chicken version better. So I guess that answers the question of the week- my healthy swap lol

I agree, they are delicious!!

• AB0215
    Options
    Winner's Circle March Week 3 (3/3-3/10):

1st Place (Posted 7-6 of 7 days):

@gemwolf110 @JJKM02 @memery7

2nd Place (Posted 4-5 of 7 Days):

@carlsoda @jennfalzon1979 @jenngitch @IanMoone30

3rd Place (Posted 3 of 7 days):[

@99hockeymom @Fyreside @mexiconona @missemmibelle

Honorable Mention (made an effort to post, even if it was only once):

@CourtneyLomonaco @jmacaroni @mjohemme @ssssanaaa

Great job everyone!! There are a lot of winner's this week and I'm really proud of all of you for your efforts and successes!! Keep up the great work and let's have another great week!!

Also, the Official Results have been posted as well.

Shout out to our top Losers:

1st - @danzibob2016. - 2.23%
    2nd - @rlaratte. - 1.59%
    3rd - @mexiconona. - 1.57%

Awesome job this week, hoping to finish strong this month and we have a change to place 2nd overall as a team, let's keep it up!!
  • missemmibelle
    missemmibelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Username: missemmibelle
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 203.4
    Todays Weight: 201.8
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes Under
    Exercise Yes 8 flights of stairs
    Water A little
  • AB0215
    Options
    Username: missemmibelle
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 203.4
    Todays Weight: 201.8

Great job this month!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, a lot of weight training 77 minutes. 10 minutes elliptical
    Water Intake: 99 oz

Day/Goals: Today marks Week 10, Day 1 of this training cycle. It's a de-load week and de-load weeks kill my inner child...but this week I am testing my 1 rm at the end of the week so we will see how I do.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes walked time square
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Monday

Pw. 191.7
    CW. 190.5

I was in the 180s late last week but Saturday and Sunday were not kind to me
  • jennfalzon1979
    Options
    @Fyreside I just saw your question about turkey. Lol. Kind of had a hiatus from my fitness pal this weekend.
    In my opinion there is no taste difference between ground turkey and ground beef. Now, if ever we do eat ground beef it leaves a heavy feeling in our stomachs and the grease is almost unbearable. We use turkey in our spaghetti sauce, chilli, stuffed peppers etc. I highly recommend it.
  • Fyreside
    Options
    @Fyreside I just saw your question about turkey. Lol. Kind of had a hiatus from my fitness pal this weekend.
    In my opinion there is no taste difference between ground turkey and ground beef. Now, if ever we do eat ground beef it leaves a heavy feeling in our stomachs and the grease is almost unbearable. We use turkey in our spaghetti sauce, chilli, stuffed peppers etc. I highly recommend it.

Very interesting, I'm definitely going to try it. Ironically I'm currently trying to increase my fat intake by 5% per day lol. But I'm really curious. Thanks for the info.
  • Fyreside
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Day/Goals:Good solid productive day. I'm eating the right amount of calories and meeting my macro's. But I'm back to not eating clean. I'd really love to get out of the habit of using food for stress relief.
    Track: Yes.
    Calories: Yes.
    Exercise: Yes, More lumber moving and general metal fabrication.
    Water Intake: Literally sloshing sounds when I walk.

A couple of NSV's to report. I'm quite excited to report that I can properly fit into my motorcross boots once again. I'm a long way from doing up the zip on any of my jackets, so I won't be taking any bikes out of the shed just yet. But the moto boots are fantastic allies in my ongoing battle with blackberry down on my property.(That stuff is mean)

The other one is something I've been holding out for ever since I started. I've got this huge belly (beer gut I believe the technical term is.. Even though I don't drink beer lol) Until the last 10 days or so, not one single pound I've lost has come off of it. I'm told it's the last place guys lose fat from. (You should see my calves... sxy as)
    Anyway. just in the last week or so I've finally noticed a change in my shirt size. My belly no longer sits on the steering wheel.. etc. It's literally the beginning of change.. But I'm just glad to see any actual change.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Day/Goals:Good solid productive day. I'm eating the right amount of calories and meeting my macro's. But I'm back to not eating clean. I'd really love to get out of the habit of using food for stress relief.

How do you feel about baking?

Sometimes I use food as a reward for training (because I love food), and I make Chocolate Chip Cookies and while they're not perfectly clean, they do use a couple ingredients that are somewhat processed and derived from natural ingredients, they might help the transition back to it. The secret to making them really good..is under bake them just a tad. I usually bake for 14.5 minutes instead of the 15 it calls for. Also, they freeze really well under baked a tad.

Also, for the record, the belly is where EVERYONE tends to lose fat from last. You know the phrase "abs are made in the kitchen" you have to eat right to lose that fat.

You're killing it, just keep taking it one day at at time. Much like you're seeing now, a few months down the road you're going to see more changes...keep it up, keep staying positive and you will get there!!
  • jennfalzon1979
    Options
    Daily post Monday

Track. Yes
    Calories. Waaaaaaaay under
    Exercise. 1 hour step class. 1 hour kick boxing
    Water. 104 ounces.

My friend wanted to try the classes at my gym. So I’ve been doing my normal morning classes and then a night class with her. Every muscle is screaming. Lol
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday (sorry I forgot yesterday
    Track yes
    Calories under...but just under
    Exercise - does working my brain count as I spent the day working on report cards
    Water - about 70 oz

Monday Daily Post
    Track yes
    Calories under....by a lot!
    Exercise 60 minutes of pound class
    Water about 90oz
  • Fyreside
    Options

I used to do quite a bit of baking.. Just went back through my pics and apparently the last thing I baked was Dec 2016. YinYang cookies for my TaiChi club end of year party.
    vzk1sbipw1rd.jpg

So thanks heaps for the recipe, will definitely make. And cheers for the general encouragement. It's been wierdly frustrating losing weight from everywhere but the part I set out to change the most lol. So great to finally see a change in the mid section.. I'm really determined to not buy any more XXXXL clothes.. But my current wardrobe is starting to look pretty shabby.
  • AB0215
    Options

I used to do quite a bit of baking.. Just went back through my pics and apparently the last thing I baked was Dec 2016. YinYang cookies for my TaiChi club end of year party.

So thanks heaps for the recipe, will definitely make. And cheers for the general encouragement. It's been wierdly frustrating losing weight from everywhere but the part I set out to change the most lol. So great to finally see a change in the mid section.. I'm really determined to not buy any more XXXXL clothes.. But my current wardrobe is starting to look pretty shabby.

Omg, those look AMAZING!!

AND if you're interested, I have SEVERAL great keto baking recipes that can help curb a sweet tooth and keep you on track macro wise...also minimally outside the "clean" eating realm.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: 69 minutes weight training.
    Water Intake: 99 oz

Day/Goals: Deadlift de-load day. I moved it up from Thursday this week, one---it's light and two--I plan on testing my new 1 rm Thursday so I am ready to start my next training cycle next week and don't lost the momentum. I will be testing my squat and bench on Friday and I'm pretty excited about those...
This discussion has been closed.