TEAM: The Slimsons (April)

Options

Replies

• Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hey team, looks like some good numbers people are getting. @jennfalzon1979 Grats on tipping off your plateau.

@AB0215 Hope you have a strong and rapid recovery.

I've been hitting my weights pretty hard. Really feeling my upper body and abs tonight. Will focus on legs tomorrow and give the upper a rest day. I've put on another kg, but just planning to work through and am hoping it's just water weight and my body's general response to increased workload.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    I've been hitting my weights pretty hard. Really feeling my upper body and abs tonight. Will focus on legs tomorrow and give the upper a rest day. I've put on another kg, but just planning to work through and am hoping it's just water weight and my body's general response to increased workload.

I think it's very normal to be up right after a very intense workout, I am almost always up a pound or 2 right after a heavy workout, it's why I picked Saturday for my weigh in day, I hit the weights hard Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday so that when Saturday rolls around, my weight has leveled out, but I weigh everyday so I can see how I'm progressing. Also, something to consider, if you're building muscle like that, you may want to track other things than just weight, I track measurements and body fat and the number I am really concerned about is the body fat. I haven't been losing weight in the last 8-12 weeks, but I'm stronger and I've lost almost 3% of my body fat so clearly, I am headed where I want to and eventually when my muscle growth slows, and it will, because that's how it works, I will continue to lose fat, and subsequently weight because I'm not building muscle mass/weight to replace the fat weight...some things to consider. Either way, I absolutely love hearing people hitting the weights, it's just a great thing for your body and for your future body!! Also, it might even help you break through your rough patch, maybe not in the beginning, but in the long run.

So glad to see you feeling better!! Keep it up!!

Also, my back is fine, had it looked at yesterday, and he adjusted it, despite telling me that it's not really out of alignment, I do go regularly since I lift so heavy, more of a maintenance thing, but after the adjustment yesterday, I am almost completely pain free so I think that loosened up the muscle that was irritated, still taking it easy though, this is going to be a reset week for me both in exercise and food, even though it's really hard for me to take a step back, I tend to be on the extreme side when I dive in, and not being able to do these things just crushes my soul, but I will survive, it's day 3 of 7, or 5 maybe, we will see how I feel when I get there.
  • AB0215
    edited April 2018
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Toothache from hell

So toothaches are the worst! There are a few things in life that I just can't deal with pain wise, and anything in my head, headache, toothache, earache...and I am just down for the count, hopefully you get that sorted out soon!!

On the positive side....great loss!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Non scale victory.

I can now fit into my summer shorts. Shorts that I haven’t been able to wear since 2008.

Woot woot!! That's amazing news!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Yep. Truth. Keep making healthy choices and you will become healthier :)

dqda8g8k0l2c.jpg
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Username: mjohemme
    Weigh in week: April Week 2
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 268
    Today's Weight: 270

Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Okay, I'm free falling and need to catch myself. Holy Schmolly!

Monday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Track: No
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Just normal walking
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Tuesday
    Track-yes
    Calories-under
    Exercise-Hammer Plyometrics and jog 30 mins
    Water 100 oz
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 60 minutes of aquafit
    Water about 90oz

Tonight a few friends and I went to see the movie Blockers. Very funny! But I didn't order any pop or popcorn. I brought a bottle of water and a baggie of parmesan crisps and some almonds! I didn't even miss the popcorn!
  • AB0215
    Options
    JJKM02 wrote: »
    Tonight a few friends and I went to see the movie Blockers. Very funny! But I didn't order any pop or popcorn. I brought a bottle of water and a baggie of parmesan crisps and some almonds! I didn't even miss the popcorn!

That's a victory in itself, great day!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: No
    Calories: No, probably not
    Exercise: Also, no.
    Water Intake: 99 oz

Day/Goals: Day 3 of 7 of my soul crushing gym hiatus. Really trying to distract myself from the fact that I really miss the gym, but the upside is my back is feeling so much better, no pain, just a little tightness, so will keep stretching, so this was the right call, but it's just depressing. If someone had told me like 2 years ago when I started this that I would actually WANT to go to the gym because I enjoy it, I would have told them that they were bat crap crazy...but I do in fact enjoy it, but it's only a week, or well, it might end up being 6 days instead of 7, I might go Friday if I'm feeling up to it seeing how I feel like 100 times better than Saturday and it's only Tuesday.
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Daily post- Tuesday
    Track- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes dirty thirty from 21 day fix
    Water- getting there!

Went out to dinner and ordered prime rib and loaded broccoli and side salad and did not touch Texas Roadhouse buns or cinnamon butter!!!
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    memery7
    April Week 2
    Tuesdays
    PW 170
    CW 171

• memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes Under
    Exercise Rest Day
    Water Not enough

Being MIA most of last week and not tracking everything can't happen any more this month.

• mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories no
    Exercise walking 20 min
  • AB0215
    Options
    Keri8680 wrote: »
    Went out to dinner and ordered prime rib and loaded broccoli and side salad and did not touch Texas Roadhouse buns or cinnamon butter!!!

That's a victory, whoo hoo!
  • AB0215
    Options
    memery7 wrote: »

Being MIA most of last week and not tracking everything can't happen any more this month.

I find that's my biggest challenge, if I don't track or exercise, I feel like I lose momentum and then I don't want to.

You got this though, just take it one step at a time, log one meal, then the next, you will get back on track!!
  • AB0215
    edited April 2018
    Options
    This is how we get where we want to go, one small step at a time.

ybcp4mn11m1s.jpg
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post-Wednesday
    Tracking-Yes
    Calories-Yes, Under
    Exercise-ISO Strength Chisel
    Water-96 oz
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday

I am tired. Drained. And feel like giving up.
    My two oldest kids have the stomach flu. Which means I will probably get it soon. And moms don’t get rest days.
    That’s my mini vent. Just having a low day

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise. 1 hour body combat
    Water. 80 ounces.
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track- yes
    Calories- right where I want them today
    Exercise- yes 21 day fix yoga (week 1 is done)!
    Water- not even close to enough

Woke up completely exhausted and was in a fog all morning. I finally started to feel normal around lunch time. I was hoping to attend an hour long heated yoga class this morning but it took all I had to just get up and get my daughter to preschool. I went home, layed on the couch, drank coffee and watched a Lifetime movie! My body was telling me to rest.
This discussion has been closed.