• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Week: April Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's Weight: 152.8
    Current Weight:156

Wonder woman has left the building. :D Don't kill me team. I had an emotionally rough week and I literally ate and drank all my emotions. It was BAD. Two days ago my weight was 162 though, so I'll take 156. Yes, I basically gained 10 lbs in a matter of days. :| Past two days have been great though, so I'm just going to stick with this momentum.

Special thanks to @tinak33 for being there for me! You are the best! <3o:)
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Username JJKM02
    Weigh in week April Week 2
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous weight 302lbs
    Current 303.3lbs

Team, I need some help! Since March 23, I feel like I have stalled or hit a roadblock. Maybe it is nothing to worry about, but it is frustrating. I am so close to getting into the 200s but can't seem to bust through it. I am working out six days a week doing aquafit and pound class, eating low carb...lots of veggies and no junk. No bread, no pasta... basically no sugar. I drink about 100oz of water a day....no pop... no alcohol! Any suggestions for me?? I would love some input!! Thanks in advance!
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @143tobe That's the spirit. Just bounce back and surge onwards. Kinda cool to hear about the teamwork too.

@AB0215 Neat keychain, I never thought about rings and lifting, but that knurling on the bar would do terrible things.
  • Fyreside
    edited April 2018
    Options
    JJKM02 wrote: »
    Team, I need some help! Since March 23, I feel like I have stalled or hit a roadblock. Maybe it is nothing to worry about, but it is frustrating. I am so close to getting into the 200s but can't seem to bust through it. I am working out six days a week doing aquafit and pound class, eating low carb...lots of veggies and no junk. No bread, no pasta... basically no sugar. I drink about 100oz of water a day....no pop... no alcohol! Any suggestions for me?? I would love some input!! Thanks in advance!

Firstly, I just want to say it sounds like you are doing all the right things and good on you for throwing yourself at it. I'd hate to give you bad advice or suggest something you're already doing so I sent a friend invite so I can look at your food diary first.

Edit: It looks like you might need to turn on diary sharing. If you go to Food>Settings> and scroll down you can set it there.

• memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's Weight: 152.8
    Current Weight:156

Wonder woman has left the building. :D Don't kill me team. I had an emotionally rough week and I literally ate and drank all my emotions. It was BAD. Two days ago my weight was 162 though, so I'll take 156. Yes, I basically gained 10 lbs in a matter of days. :| Past two days have been great though, so I'm just going to stick with this momentum.

Special thanks to @tinak33 for being there for me! You are the best! <3o:)

I feel your pain. Last week was very similar for me.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

I literally have had the same problem, twice now, and this being the second, I'm trying something completely different, and if it works, I'll share it but I won't know if it helped for a few weeks yet.

First if you've lost a significant amount of weight, it's probably time to revisit your calorie intake numbers, you may want to make adjustments to those numbers if you've lost like say 30 lbs since you last did this.

Second, If you tend to eat the same things or do the same activities everyday, switch up your routine. Your body gets more and more efficient at what you throw at it and you have to work even harder to get the same results, but a lot of times, switching up your routine can force it to work harder, even though you're not necessarily working harder. Now there are some situations where you can be over-training, and putting too much stress on the body, and I have in fact done this and it's no joke, but if you're just exercising, or doing some regular activities, it's probably the least likely, like your aquafit probably isn't going to produce over-training, but you might still want to think of maybe adding in some different activities to switch it up, or switching out one of your other classes for something else for a few weeks.

One more thing to consider, since you're doing those classes, you might also be gaining muscle which can slow your weight loss for a bit, and this is not a bad thing. Gaining muscle will actually help you in the long run and muscle requires more calories to do its work, so while you might not be seeing scale results, you might still be losing inches, so I would also track measurements, it will help to give you the most accurate picture of what's happening to your body.

Also, you're doing a really really great job, you're doing everything right in terms of healthy choices, but weight loss can be fickle, which is why so many people give up, but don't give up, you're worth it!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Friday Team!!

Today's thought of the day:

kvrx8yfd7mcy.jpg
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Friday daily post
    Track- yes
    Calories- way under but just not hungry- I did go over my daily carb limit of 21 by about ten- but this was because we had bbq chicken for dinner and I was too lazy to run out and buy sugar free bbq sauce lol. Hoping that doesnt kick me out of ketosis.
    Exercise- I did my 21 day fix total body cardio video today.
    Water- better but still not enough.

I feel like I finally reached that point where I have enough motivation to say no to the junk food AND find the time to work out- even if it is yoga before bed! I am totally using this momentum to keep going with these healthy habits because I feel great and am hoping for a trim and toned bathing suit season soon!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no. Need to go back to the gym
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Friday:
    Glad this week is over. Next week will be even better and back into a good routine

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: nope

Yep, I'm right there with you.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Keri8680 wrote: »
    Friday daily post
    Track- yes
    Calories- way under but just not hungry- I did go over my daily carb limit of 21 by about ten- but this was because we had bbq chicken for dinner and I was too lazy to run out and buy sugar free bbq sauce lol. Hoping that doesnt kick me out of ketosis.
    Exercise- I did my 21 day fix total body cardio video today.
    Water- better but still not enough.

I feel like I finally reached that point where I have enough motivation to say no to the junk food AND find the time to work out- even if it is yoga before bed! I am totally using this momentum to keep going with these healthy habits because I feel great and am hoping for a trim and toned bathing suit season soon!

If you're just starting keto, it can very well mess with ketosis, but it only takes a few days to get back in so, could be worse.
  • AB0215
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no. Need to go back to the gym

You got this, just take it one day at a time, make tomorrow a gym day :)
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Nope.
    Calories: Nope.
    Exercise: Yes, went to the gym after a 6 day hiatus, I didn't make it 7 days, but it was good.
    Water Intake: 99 oz

Day/Goals: Decided to go to the gym today, my back felt good so I went, decided to go for a quick total body workout, so I practiced my Snatches and hit a new PR. Super excited about that. Guess all I needed was a little rest...
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes shopping , walking, washing,
    Tomorrow I will be spending the day packing to go back home to MX. I will be getting back on track then with better fasting and exercise in gym and pool.
  • Fyreside
    Options
    Username: Fyreside
    Week: April Week 1
    PW = 251.3
    CW= 252.2

Well that week flew by. Weight looks a little up, but I doubt its anything more than water as I'm working hard on maintaining high levels of hydration.
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Username: KatieWW
    Weigh in: Saturday
    PW = 180
    CW= 178.6
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Friday ( sorry I am late)
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes 60 minutes pound class
    Water 90 oz

Thanks to all of you who have reached out with some advice to help me. Yesterday we had a teacher appreciation luncheon put in by our Home and School Association. It was lovely, but I had a croissant sandwich....first time having bread in almost four months. I was actually afraid that I would feel sick, but it was fine. I worked out yesterday and stayed under my calories. @AB0215 I adjusted my calorie info to reflect how often I am working out now.I might also try a 24 hour fast to see if that jump starts my weight loss again. I am going to take my measurements as well...see if those have changed! Thanks again, Team!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Thursday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
    Water 100oz
    Today was a very busy day. Lots going on in school today and then a jam packed evening of parent teacher interviews. The craziness continues tomorrow!

Wow hectic schedule but through it all your continuing tracking and getting your water in. Way 2 go!
  • AB0215
    Options
    mexiconona wrote: »
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes shopping , walking, washing,
    Tomorrow I will be spending the day packing to go back home to MX. I will be getting back on track then with better fasting and exercise in gym and pool.

Vacations make this a lot harder, they take us out of our routine, but you got this!!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Username JJKM02
    Weigh in week April Week 2
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous weight 302lbs
    Current 303.3lbs

Just keep it up sometimes you need to change up what you're eating to get results as add a little more or eat a little less everyone is different when they hit a stand still but if it was ne I'll just keep on doing what you are and eventually the scale will drop in your favor. Are you measuring yourself as well because even if the scale doesn't move I bet you're getting smaller. Be encouraged
This discussion has been closed.