TEAM: The Slimsons (April)

Options

Replies

• Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the concern about my finger, I think it's fair to say that my dreams of becoming a world famous pianist and hand model are properly dead. And if I thought it was hard to find properly fitting gloves before, it won't be any easier.
    But it really could have been catastrauphically worse. It will be a bit shorter and a bit pointier than it was, but the good bits are the nail bed is still intact, didn't hit bone and still have enough touch pad to leave an incriminating fingerprint. I did look for the missing bit, but all I found was tufts of leather and a bin full of wood shavings. Hmm, I wonder how much that bit weighed.... hehehe.
  • rlaratte
    rlaratte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am kind of an extremist when it comes to my approach to things. I like to have a healthy amount of obsession with my weight loss goals. Thank you and I appreciate the encouraging words. I wish you best of luck you in your journey.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post-Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes-a tiny bit over
    Exercise: Yes-elliptical 30 minutes
    Water Intake: 64 oz
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Pw 216.6
    Cw 216.4
    Not what I wanted but not a gain. So I will take it.
    Track yes
    Calories under so far
    Exercise about an hr at the gym and 30 min swimming
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    Thanks all for the concern about my finger, I think it's fair to say that my dreams of becoming a world famous pianist and hand model are properly dead. And if I thought it was hard to find properly fitting gloves before, it won't be any easier.
    But it really could have been catastrauphically worse. It will be a bit shorter and a bit pointier than it was, but the good bits are the nail bed is still intact, didn't hit bone and still have enough touch pad to leave an incriminating fingerprint. I did look for the missing bit, but all I found was tufts of leather and a bin full of wood shavings. Hmm, I wonder how much that bit weighed.... hehehe.

I was going to say that it might be cheating if you start removing whole body parts to win the challenge, but wasn't sure if you would find that funny in your current situation...all joking aside, at least you still have a finger, however much less of it you have?
  • AB0215
    edited April 2018
    Options
    rlaratte wrote: »

Total weight lost in March = 6.8 lbs.

This has not been my best month as far as being food discipline. I will increase my game in the month of April.

I think a 7 lb loss is a great loss, you're losing more than a pound a week and that is a very safe and healthy loss, and you should be happy and proud of your accomplishment!!

I tend to be an extremist too, I don't know why, but in the food world, I can't do moderation, it's all of nothing to me, so that's why I ventured into the Keto world because it keeps me from eating the things that cause me issues...
  • tamonkay
    tamonkay Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Fyreside we changed some spark plugs and coil packs, but still having issues. Neither my brother or I know much about cars, so it was an interesting experience and took MUCH longer than it should have. I think I may have to bite the bullet and see a mechanic. Boo.
    Sorry about your finger!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    I am off the ship the Oasis and back to the business of getting healthy and losing weight. I did not have a scale this morning so I will report my weight tomorrow, I am sure i have gained as being on a cruise ship was too much of a temptation to obstain from all the great food and deserts, drinks, cookies, deserts, etc.....
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Welcome to April! My name is Jodi and I live on the east coast of Canada. I am 44 and am happily married with two wonderful teenage boys. I currently weigh 303lbs and am happy to report that I have lost 30 lbs since Jan 1. My goal is lose 100lbs in 2018. I am eating clean and working out a great deal. I swim three times a week and attend pound class at least twice. I have been on team Slimsons since Jan. Good luck to everyone and thanks in advance for the support.
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise. 30 min body shred. 1 hour step class
    Water. 100 ounces
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Monday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 60minutes of aquafit and 60 minutes
    Water 100oz
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Daily post Monday
    Calories: Small amount over
    Exercise: No
    Water Intake: 64oz
  • tamonkay
    tamonkay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Monday Daily Post
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 13000 steps
  • AB0215
    edited April 2018
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    These tacos sound good and Keto friendly if you are doing Keto:
    https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a19637783/keto-taco-cups-recipe/

I love making shells out of cheese, but it's surprisingly hard to do, super tasty, but hard. I usually just make nacho chips out of them instead.

I have seen this before but I've never made them, now that it's come full circle again, I'm going to have to do it now :smile:

You could swap out some nuts for a candy alternative, but you still have to be a bit mindful there too...or sneakily put sugar free candies in it... :p not a perfect solution, but better...less calories, not necessarily less carbs though
  • AB0215
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Question of the Week:

Spring is upon us, what are you super excited to get outside an do now that it's warming up (this is wishful thinking as we just got snow yesterday...it's like spring is here, April fools...)?
  • AB0215
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: No, but in my defense, ate more protein, at least that's how I'm justifying it.
    Exercise: Yes, 60 minutes weight training
    Water Intake: 99 oz

Day/Goals: My goal today was to front squat 135 lbs, which I did, and Clean and jerk 125 lbs, which I didn't do. I did 115 lbs again and sadly, that is only matching my previous pr. I think I was tired and my back was a bit sore, because I left my belt in the car and thought I could live without it. Nope. I was wrong. However, I will get to 125 soon.
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the Week:

Spring is upon us, what are you super excited to get outside an do now that it's warming up (this is wishful thinking as we just got snow yesterday...it's like spring is here, April fools...)?

I can't wait to be able to have my "dirt therapy" and take long walks in the sun without a coat.
    The news just said that there are two more chances for snow. I'm over it.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Daily Post: Sunday
    Track: Yes.
    Calories: Yes. Under.
    Exercise: No
    Water Intake: Around 50 ounces.

Comments: Hi team! I'm a returning member. My goals are to get to the 180s. Drink sufficient water every day. And exercise most days of the week (at least 4 days).

I know it'll help to actually have a gameplan so I intend on reaching these goals by pre-planning meals, making sure to refill my water bottle 3 times a day (equals 64 ounces), and bringing my gym clothes to my school gym or exercising on the elliptical once i get home!

Good luck to everyone! :)

Rooting for your success I know you got this!!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    jenngitch wrote: »
    Today is a new day, new month and hopefully a new outlook. I am not going to lie. I have struggled the last few weeks. I WANT to loose weight. I do. For some reason the energy to make it happen is non-existent. When I look back I should be happy. I mean I have lost 57 lbs. But when I look in the mirror I still see the 240 lb me. It stressing me and I want to eat. My husband and I got back yesterday from vacation and we had a lot of good talks. He supports me and wants me happy/healthy. So now I know that I have someone to talk to that wont judge. good luck to everyone this month!
    I am starting small for my goal. I literally sit on my butt all day at work so today I challenge myself to get 6000 steps. I can do it!

I know it's a struggle but just keep encouraging yourself and leaning on those around you for support. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
This discussion has been closed.