Bringing our A-Game in April!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,952 Member
    Options
    Yay for enjoying salads Lia... I find if I eat them every day, especially with a good homemade dressing, I actually crave and look forward to my salads. I feel like I'm forming some good habits (finally) but it's always SO precarious! Requires constant vigilance lol.

B - non-dairy yogurt and a pear
    L - big ol' salad
    D - not sure yet, probably steamed greens and some cheezy chickpeas, maybe a baked sweet potato

Work is beating me up this week. We have an unusually high number of downright mean spirited clients. Generally I love our clients so it's getting me down feeling actual dread when certain people call.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I haven't checked in here for a few days because I had my mom staying over for several days visiting. She ended up helping me clean out my garage, organize and redecorate a lot of the house, and we even got in some weeding! All at her insistence. I don't know how she does it at almost 70 and here I am all exhausted and sore! The garage looks nicer than it ever has, and it feels good to have things reorganized and looking fresh around the house.

Our water co-op is having work done on the lines, so I've had a few days in a row now with the water off for most of the day. It should be back later tonight. Fingers crossed! I'm tired of boiling water to wash dishes and to wash my hair in the sink. We're lucky that we have a back-up well in addition to the group water so I can go out and fill up buckets with water as needed.

My mom and I had simple, quick meals that were healthy, with the exception of a treat meal out where I had vegan veggie pizza and ginger beer. We also had a few of the lemon pie date balls. They were a nice treat! (Thanks for the recipe, Karrie!) I missed lunch today because I was at spinning class and when I got home I had peanut butter on sprouted grain bread. Not the best, but it could have been worse.

Mihani, that's all you need right now, mean clients on top of being so busy! Ugh. Hope you are getting some time away this weekend and relaxing a bit!

Donna, nice job getting the test done. It isn't fun but you're right, prevention is so important.
  • Mihani
    Options
    That's so nice your mom helped with all that Carla. Sounds like a really nice visit. When is Ruby's surgery?

I was up 2 pounds this morning. I know it's water retention thanks to indulging in the salty/snacky for a few days, my ankles are all swollen, but I am going back 100% 6 week plan starting today. Last night I made a batch of the OSG tortilla soup (left out the oil) and I cleaned and chopped veggies and greens for cooking and salads. Eating crap made me feel like crap and zapped my energy.

Plan for today:
    B - leftover tofu scramble and a slice of sprouted grain toast
    L - cup of tortilla soup and a salad
    D - same as lunch with the addition of some sauteed kale with onion and mushroom
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Mihani - your meal plan sounds delicious. I am sorry about the stressful clients..you don't need that.

Karrie - that house must be weighing you down to cause bad dreams. Hoping it sells soon. Now is the time people start to buy! Sending positive thoughts your way.

Lia - are you making a variety of salads or sticking to a certain type? I need some inspiration.

Carla - that must feel so good to get the garage cleaned out! You inspire me. Your mother is amazing. I hope you get your H20 on soon.

Jacque - did you get the pressure cooker fixed?

We drove down to Corpus Christie Friday night and Saturday we did the bike ride at King Ranch. King ranch is located on 825,000 acres (larger than Rhode Island) with roads throughout the ranch. The bicycle tour was well organzied but lousy food beside apples & bananas. It started early and I was a bit cold but later in the day it was high 80's. Saturday evening we took a 4 mile walk with a full moon. This morning we did another 10 mile bike ride along the coast of Corpus Christie before it got hot.
    Swimming tomorrow and going to YMCA to ride a spin bike to work on cadence.

Brooks took pictures of the King Ranch but I don't have those yet.

5zwgnm22ysyb.jpg

43eoq33mta4n.jpg

grye1autc1l4.jpg

• Mihani
    Options
    You have such beautiful places close by to walk and ride your bikes, Donna! Love the pictures, and how active you and Brooks are!

I had a decent day at work. Got out kind of on time which was nice, although I brought home a big pile of work to do tonight, but at least I'm home.

B - oats with chia seeds, fresh blueberries, cinnamon
    L - threw together my salad this morning then left without it... had a few pretzels for "lunch"
    D - salad that was supposed be lunch (spring mix, chopped zucchini and red pepper, steamed kale, dressing of some coconut aminos, dijon and some spices... it's tasty wish I knew what spices I threw in it), and a cup of tortilla soup

I wanted to treadmill when I got home but I was so hungry that I am having dinner first. I will take a break from my work later this evening when I've digested and hit the treadmill for a while.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Beautiful pictures, Donna! Amazing bunch of activities this weekend!

Karrie, I also hope your house sells soon! It can be super stressful. When I was working a lot of overtime, I'd sometimes have dreams about work that felt like they lasted all night...then I'd wake up and have to go to work for what felt like the second time that day!

Yay to getting out on time, Mihani! Have a good walk!

I had my first physio appointment today. He videotaped me walking on a treadmill and showed me the various angles and foot rotations as I moved in slow motion. I have a series of exercises and stretches to do every day. He is holding off on making up custom orthotic inserts for my shoes for now. I am bringing in my old running shoes next time so he can see more of the wear from running. He spent a lot of time checking the strength of various muscles, and my range of motion. I'm happy I went! I have another appointment a week from now.

I was up slightly in weight this week. Under half of a pound, but the wrong direction for sure. I was super active with all of the cleaning and gardening, but I did have vegan pizza and a few more snacks than usual. I also didn't have my routine of salads for lunch.

Joe has been away for the week and is coming home this evening so I'm excited to see him and show him all of the cleaning and organizing that went on while he was away. Ruby has been looking for him and she's going to be so excited to see him.

Here are the two hanging baskets I picked up today. I have some other things to plant and I got some moss to line the black wire basket you can see in the background on one of the pics.

e7ry7v528xv9.jpg
    8u0euj0qincj.jpg

• bisky
    Options
    Oh Carla those are beautiful flowers! The physio appointment sounds very interesting. I wonder if they have that in San Antonio. It seems very proactive to prevent running injuries.
    Don't worry about that 1/2 lb. It could easily be water weight.

Mihani - did you get to that treadmill? How is the weather there now.

For some reason the more active I am the slower the weight loss. I swear I did better by walking. I feel frequently feel hungrier and making bad choices - all carbs not meat or cheese.

I swam 35 minutes today...I got to the pool less than an hour before closing. My bad. Then Cleo and I ran 2 miles and walked 2.5 miles. I bought new running shoes from Amazon that arrived today. Same Brooks Ravenna that I have now. They feel even better. My old ones are a year old with lots of walking miles and very worn out. 6 more days for the rookie T. Getting very nervous.

After almost a year I am starting to like Texas. It has slowly grown on me. We met a nice couple on the bike ride who are newbies. They are just slightly older than us and we are going to meet them for more bike tours.

• Mihani
    Options
    Pretty flowers Carla! Was Joe impressed with your organizing? I'm sure that half pound will be gone and take some friends with it in no time.

Glad you are starting to enjoy Texas, Donna. That's cool you met a couple to take bike tours with.

I managed the treadmill on Monday but not last night. Will shoot for tonight.

B - oatmeal with blueberries and chia seeds
    L - leftover collards/chickpeas/mushrooms over a bed of romaine, baby spinach and arugula
    D - probably same as lunch with a couple corn tortillas and will add some watercress to the salad too

I finally found watercress! It's "living" so the roots still in dirt you pick/clean/eat. I tried it out, it's a bit peppery but not so much as mustard greens. Watercress is supposed to be about the superfoodiest of superfoods so I have been on the lookout for it in my ongoing quest to eat ALL the greens, except turnip which I just can't seem to develop a taste for.
  • bisky
    Options
    MAY 1
    ....HAPPY MAY DAY!
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Funny that you posted that on May 2nd, Donna ;) Good news that Texas is growing on you, Donna. Are you guys thinking you'll stay there for a few more years?

Mihani, you are brave with your greens! I am in a mixed baby greens rut. Mostly because they come pre-washed in a container! Joe is happy with the garage but didn't notice other things like the hall closet. He said he didn't know what it looked like before!

Time to come up with a thread title for May. Not it! j/k but I don't have any ideas.

I finished plying 2 different yarns today. Also did more weeding and planted a few more things. Buying plants makes me thankful for all of the lovely plants previous owners of this home have planted.

• bisky
    Options
    Hahaha. I am not up to date....well happy May 2.

Titles:
    All things seem possible in May.

Moving more in May

May you stay forever young

May your wishes all come true

May you stay healthy in May....

I am not good at this.

What plants do you have Carla? I love love that heat set water color paper you suggested.