TEAM: The Slimsons (June)

Options

Replies

• jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 enjoy your trip and food! You only live once and you so deserve it!!
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Wednesday
    Track- yes
    Calories- fine
    Carbs- perfect, even slightly under
    Exercise- no
    Water- ehh probably could’ve had another glass or two.
    I am really getting motivated to get back to strict keto. I had said my first cheat would be at my daughter’s birthday party...and it was Saturday. I have had about 3 slices of her leftover cake and last night itgave me such a headache. That gives me all the fuel I need to keto on! I’d like to be down 10 pounds by the end of July for my trip to Cape Cod. That will put me in the low 180s! I haven’t seen that since before I was pregnant with my 4 year old!!!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday

Tracked? Nope...
    Calories? Might be over, but was all healthy food and keto friendly. We had a catered lunch at our training session and it was delish.
    Carbs? Good - definitely not over
    Exercise? Nope was in training/workshops all day.
    Water? Good... drank several liters
    Sleep? Going to lay in bed and watch Netflix for a little while... that way I'm at least resting and if I fall asleep I don't have to get up to move to the bedroom...

Phew. The multi-day training session is over, so back to my regular stepping tomorrow. That was the most emotional training course I've ever been to... it dealt with super heavy topics. It was important and I learned a lot, but geeeeeez.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Tracked?: Yes
    Calories: Met goal exactly.
    Exercise: Yes. Elliptical. Burned 240 calories in 16 minutes. Not as good as the day before but will try to be better tomorrow.
    Water: A lot.

Comments: Tuesday was a good day. Wish I could say the same about today but I had my genomics and physics final so I guess I'll let this slide.
  • kearyandjessy
    kearyandjessy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Update:
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over by 5!!!!
    Exercise: Yes- I did my strength exercises and walked.
    Water Intake: yes
  • kearyandjessy
    kearyandjessy Posts: 43 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Username: kearyandjessy
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Starting weight: 309.6 lbs
    Previous Week's weight: 305.8 lbs
    Todays Weight: 306.8 :(

I took my Girl Scout troop to do an overnight at NASA so my food was horrible and I was grumpy lol. So it is not a surprise to me that I gained weight. A plus for this week is that I have increased my plank up to 20 seconds in two weeks. This might not sound like much but two weeks ago I could barely do 10 seconds and I thought I was dying after it lol. The small gains make me happy. So thankful for this group it is a huge source accountability for me.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Username: tinak33
    Weigh in week: June Week 2
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 157.7
    Current Weight: 156.9

Pushed it back down! It was a bigger loss than I expected, but I'm taking it! Gonna make it lower next week.

#goals!
  • rlaratte
    rlaratte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    6/1-186.6
    6/2-182.4
    6/3-187.8
    6/4-187.8
    6/5-187.0
    6/6-186.6
    6/7-184.0

Making progress
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Calories: Way way over.
    Exercise: None.
    Water: A decent amount. Not sure exactly.

Comments: Honestly, not a good day but I don't want to spiral down because of it. I'm going to make today a good day and the rest of the week. So far so good. Wasn't able to work out yesterday either. Was just mentally exhausted from finals and wanted to relax. But will definitely work out well today to make up for yesterday and also because I'll be done with finals after today! :)

Also, I'm not sure if how many calories I'm burning is accurate while working out. I try to go for around 15 minutes as a starting point. And the machine says I burned aroudn 250 every time I do this which kind of sounds like a lot to me since I see other people not burning as much but working out for longer than me. That being said, I do make sure the elliptical trainer is at the maximum incline and increase the resistance to 12 (Not sure how resistance is measured) so maybe it's higher intensity?
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Post for Wed

Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 20 minute walk
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Calories: Way way over.
    Exercise: None.
    Water: A decent amount. Not sure exactly.

Comments: Honestly, not a good day but I don't want to spiral down because of it. I'm going to make today a good day and the rest of the week. So far so good. Wasn't able to work out yesterday either. Was just mentally exhausted from finals and wanted to relax. But will definitely work out well today to make up for yesterday and also because I'll be done with finals after today! :)

Also, I'm not sure if how many calories I'm burning is accurate while working out. I try to go for around 15 minutes as a starting point. And the machine says I burned aroudn 250 every time I do this which kind of sounds like a lot to me since I see other people not burning as much but working out for longer than me. That being said, I do make sure the elliptical trainer is at the maximum incline and increase the resistance to 12 (Not sure how resistance is measured) so maybe it's higher intensity?

I always assume its inaccurate, knock 50-100 calories off the total and I log that instead. Lol

I walk to treadmill at the highest incline (15), at about a 2.0 pace or higher. After 35 min, it says I burned about 285. I usually log 200.

Its never gonna be 100% accurate. :)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Enjoy your trip!!!

@gemwolf110 Happy Birthday (belated)!
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »

If you are entering your gender, age, height, and weight into the machine, then it may be somewhat accurate. If not, then no not accurate. 250 calories for 15 minutes does sound a bit high. Think of it this way, if a 6'2" 250lb 25 year old male jumped on the elliptical, and did the exact same workout as you did, the machine would give him the same calories burned. But there is no way you would both burn the same number of calories, even doing the same work.
    What does the MFP entry for elliptical give you? Even that won't be accurate though because it's based on an "average" intensity, but it might be closer.

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Thursday
    Track - no
    food - probably, haven't eaten much (surprising!)
    exercise - 1 mile swim and strength training

Recovering from yesterday's "procedure". Felt ok this afternoon so I went to the gym. But now I'm cramping again. TOM doesn't help. I'm hungry, but don't feel like eating - like nothing sounds good. I may just go to bed.
  • Keri8680
    Options
    Keri8680
    Weigh in day Thursday
    Week 2
    PW 194.4
    CW 193.2

Yay!
  • Keri8680
    Options
    Daily post for Thursday
    Track- yes
    Calories- under- I skipped lunch.
    Carbs- over- I was dying to try the seafood risotto with parm cheese sauce at the place we went for dinner. I honestly picked out the seafood and only had about 4-5 bites of the risotto. The rest was packed to go for my hubby to eat. I asked if next time we went to the restaurant if they could switch out the risotto for veggies instead! Wish I would’ve thought of that sooner because that parm sauce was AMAZING!
    Exercise- no
    Water- not enough
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Carbs just over my goal
    Exercise even tho I’m sick still making an effort
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options