Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's Weight: 192.1 lbs
    Current Weight: 193.7 lbs
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA guys. I think I am almost out of the lull. I renewed my gym pass, made a grocery list, started my intermittent fasting again. It's not like I was off the rails, but I became too lax with not tracking or posting, increased portion sizes and over-grazing... I've been so busy with work the past couple weeks and have totally been making excuses.

So here I am, making the effort to get back to a motivated mindset.... Today I will track, intermittent fast, and stay within my cals/carbs. Exercise will come later :)

Progress, not perfection! There are ebbs and flows over the long term... :)
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Progress, not perfection! There are ebbs and flows over the long term... :)
    @River_Goddess Words to live by, and I think a lot of us are right there with you this week, myself included, but we just need to take it one day at a time and work towards getting back on track, I think the little things will help, meal prep, pre-tracking and thinking about our goals and how we get there, but we got this!!
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Weigh in:
    Username: ssssanaaaa
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's Weight: 194.5
    Current Weight: 195.3

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in
    Username: ka97
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 152.6
    Current Weight: 150.8

10 mile run today. It's been since November that I was able to run double digits. I'm tired - the body feels slow to recover, but I'm happy to hit that distance again.
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I’m hoping tomorrow I get my groove back. I am doing a 5km mud run with my best friend.
    However in the future, I’m taking weekends off. I will still watch what I eat and try not to go over. But no thorough tracking or Fitbit (my Fitbit tan line is sooooo embarrassing lol).
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh in
    Username: CourtneyLomonaco
    PW: 155.2
    CW: 158.2

I did it to myself.....Need to get things back under control!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Carbs way way over
    Exercise little
    I got to my weekly weight goal before my schedule time then eat way to much. Sometimes I wonder why my brain is sabotaging progress. Tomorrow back to the gym. I won’t let this stop me
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Track not really
    Calories under
    Exercise short walk

Going out tomorrow night to comedy club. The show should be good. I hope they have decent options for food/drink

• Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Daily post Saturday
    Track- yes
    Calories- under
    Carbs- over- hot day and we went to Rita’s. I somewhat made a good choice with their sugar free ice- but it was a gelato because I love their custard ❤️
    Exercise- yes! We had a yard sale and I moved bins and boxes around. Then helped load up the truck bed with the leftover stuff for Goodwill and Kids Kingdom to make some cash!
    Water- hot day but I did drink a good amount!
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Do antibiotics make you gain weight?
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    KatieWW wrote: »

Not sure about that specifically, but if your body is doing repairs of any type it will generally retain more water in case it needs it.

Hi team, well I dropped the ball. For the first time in 9 months I just stopped logging. I know I'm not alone with this, but my lifestyle is just not conducive to weight loss right now. And I'm going to have a bit of a whinge. After a strong finish to last month, I didn't change anything. I just carried on into this month with the same patterns, same exercise and calorie intake.. And put a lb back on. It just broke my spirit a bit. Nevermind I thought, stay the course.. Nope.. up again in week 2.. Then I just cracked it and my resolve really bottomed out. I stopped logging, I stopped being disciplined and just got on with busy life.

It's not all bad, I have NSV's for days... The belt came in another inch and I'm putting on piles of muscle all round in response to more work. I've steadied my eating. And I'm wearing things I haven't fit in for years. In fact the only problem is I'm just not losing weight lol. Which kinda sux when you're in a weight loss competition in a team etc..

Anyway, I'm sad I missed weigh in for week 3. Will try to right my ship and get back on course.

• Nikki_1130
    Nikki_1130 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Username: BMovieQueen
    Week: June Week 4
    PW = 281.8
    CW = 279.4
  • AB0215
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »

It's not all bad, I have NSV's for days... The belt came in another inch and I'm putting on piles of muscle all round in response to more work. I've steadied my eating. And I'm wearing things I haven't fit in for years. In fact the only problem is I'm just not losing weight lol. Which kinda sux when you're in a weight loss competition in a team etc..

Anyway, I'm sad I missed weigh in for week 3. Will try to right my ship and get back on course.

@Fyreside I'm a bit surprised, Craig beat me to the Week 3 results, but it's ok, you can miss 1. And honestly, if you wanted to log it anyway so you didn't technically miss one, that's an option too.

Anyways, glad to see you're still here, was wondering if you were doing ok, you've been MIA the week, which in itself isn't too unusual but the missing weigh in is what had me wondering about you. I think a lot of us are in your boat this week. I've been tracking half *ssed this week myself and that's starting to show up on the scale and I need to get it under control and I vowed that today was that day, but I just realized I'm headed to my parents house today for Father's Day and burgers and Chicken kabobs are going to be hard not to eat too many of...so tomorrow might be my hard reset day, today a soft reset.

I've been spending a lot of time these last few days thinking about why I started, where I've been, how far I've come and I realize that I've come too far to quit now and I think that those things combined have really helped with my motivation. Maybe you just need to think about your progress and where you want to go too because you've done so great and you really deserve to finally meet your goals.
  • AB0215
    edited June 2018
    Options

@KatieWW Just read an article that suggests you may gain a bit of weight after taking an antibiotic, and there's a bunch of scientific reasons, which aren't super important. But yes, you can in fact gain a little bit after you take one, and it's artificial as @Fyreside suggested with the water weight, but there is a bit more to it than that, but TAKE the antibiotic, if your dr is giving you one, TAKE IT, it's better to gain a couple lbs and get healthy again than to suffer and not get your health back...just saying.
  • AB0215
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Carbs way way over
    Exercise little
    I got to my weekly weight goal before my schedule time then eat way to much. Sometimes I wonder why my brain is sabotaging progress. Tomorrow back to the gym. I won’t let this stop me

@IanMoone30 I think that we are all susceptible to self-sabotage and I think it's the hardest part to overcome. I, myself, am going through it right now and I think the best thing is to take it one day at a time. I am going to start trying to pre-track again this week and think about what I'm going to eat everyday and when I'm going to eat it because I think that for me, scheduling things (like the gym and meal times) is important, leaves less to chance and to my brain to tell me that I'm hungry and I need to eat.
  • AB0215
    Options
    I’m hoping tomorrow I get my groove back. I am doing a 5km mud run with my best friend.
    However in the future, I’m taking weekends off. I will still watch what I eat and try not to go over. But no thorough tracking or Fitbit (my Fitbit tan line is sooooo embarrassing lol).

@jennfalzon1979 I have a Fitbit tan line and I rock it...aside from swimming and showering, I literally never take it off.
    I hope you h ave fun with your mud run with your best friend--sounds gross, but spending time with close friends can definitely help re-energize us and I know you can do it!!
  • AB0215
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I am just going to have to apologize in advance this week, if I missed logging in your daily post this week, I'm really sorry, I'm usually all over it, but something went wrong this week and I spent a lot of time back tracking, so this is my disclaimer today and I'm getting my act together this week, sorry!!

Winner's Circle May Week 4:

1st Place (Posted 7-6 of 7 days):
    @IanMoone30.
    @mexiconona.

2nd Place (Posted 4-5 of 7 Days):
    @ka97.
    @lorib642.

3rd Place (Posted 3 of 7 days):[
    @CourtneyLomonaco.
    @Keri8680.

Honorable Mention (made an effort to post, even if it was only once):
    @jennfalzon1979.
    @JJKM02.
    @KatieWW.
    @gemwolf110.
    @kearyandjessy.
    @mjohemme.
    @River_Goddess.

It would seem this week we had a lot of motivational related struggles and I blame myself, I wasn't around much for you guys and for that I'm sorry. I'm back on track, I think, and I getting my act together this week. Let's rally and get back on it for the last 2 weeks of June

Looking forward to a great Week 4!!

Week 3 Results have also been posted.

Great job to our top 3:
    1st - @IanMoone30. - 1.82%
    2nd - @tinak33. - 1.59%
    3rd - @ka97. - 1.18%
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hope everyone has a great day and you get to spend some time with your loved ones!!

m340lat1qgep.jpg

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »

Not sure about that specifically, but if your body is doing repairs of any type it will generally retain more water in case it needs it.

Hi team, well I dropped the ball. For the first time in 9 months I just stopped logging. I know I'm not alone with this, but my lifestyle is just not conducive to weight loss right now. And I'm going to have a bit of a whinge. After a strong finish to last month, I didn't change anything. I just carried on into this month with the same patterns, same exercise and calorie intake.. And put a lb back on. It just broke my spirit a bit. Nevermind I thought, stay the course.. Nope.. up again in week 2.. Then I just cracked it and my resolve really bottomed out. I stopped logging, I stopped being disciplined and just got on with busy life.

@Fyreside. I'll let you (and the rest of the Slimsons) in on a little secret. This competition is not really about weight "loss". It's about health focus. The weight loss part is more the "loss leader" to get people interested in making changes that will help them longer term.

Bu losing inches, feeling healthier, and being mindful of what you do, you are ahead of more than 90% of the people out there (and heading in the right direction).

The tracking give you a guide as to what is really going on. It gives you the data to start to make decisions as to what is best for you. It also highlights where the eating "autopilot" is broken (like why eating till you are full is really bad if eating the wrong type of food). It can also help you discover what the right type of food is for you (so you can shape your preferences).

Don't sweat missing a week's weigh in. It's only if you miss two that you are eliminated from the weigh-in competition. You can still post and participate in the team, even if eliminated.
This discussion has been closed.