Options

Replies

• jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Weigh in

Pw. 182.1
    CW. 179.0

I thought for sure I’d be back in the 180s. This is a great start for a heavy cardio week.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @mexiconona Sorry, I remember asking what MFP was once too lol. But yeah if you can open this site in your web browser, you will find it quite a bit more user friendly.

@River_Goddess Definitely a good thing to change up the diet from time to time. If you haven't looked into it, I thought I would mention gluconeogenesis, Not long ago I was struggling to understand how I was testing higher for glucose and lower for ketones than I was expecting from my diet. I actually ended up increasing fat because my body was turning the excess protein into glucose. I'm back to more protein now, but have increased my muscle building efforts to make use of it better. Pretty sure your well keto adjusted system would still handle 35carbs tho. :)

Daily Post: (Monday)
    Goals:Well, it wasn't planned. But after waking to that headache, it felt like the right day to take that rest day I keep skipping. Ate a little pile of rock salt and had a nice cruisy day. I think I might start adding things like vitamin supplements to my food diary so I can keep better track of how often I take them.
    Track: Yes
    Calories:Yes
    Exercise:Not really.
    Water Intake: Enough for a quiet day.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @mexiconona They're saying that on your ipad, open up safari and go to myfitnesspal.com instead of using the app, it should work better.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    Woke up this morning with a doozy of a headache.. Checked my diary and yep.. I've been so focused on eating less and hydrating well, I forgot to supplement my electrolytes. Sitting here now crunching on some rock salt lol. Never thought I'd cure a headache with salt. I even had other clues like crampy legs at bedtime. Sigh.. when will I learn.

I've found the app to be terribly frustrating, it's the reason I don't post when I'm down at the property. I'm typing this from a browser and deliberately rambling on a little to see if it cuts it off.

Edit: It didn't cut off, so I suggest open the MFP site in a browser if possible and try posting that way, it should work.

@Fyreside Those pesky electrolytes will get you! I have to wonder, I never paid attention to them before Keto and I used to be a frequent migraine/headache sufferer, but those all (mostly all) gone now. I have only had one migraine in 6 months. I used to be on medication for them. I have to wonder at some point if electrolytes have always been the cause of my migraines or if keto is what solved them, the world will never know because I'm not going back to a traditional American diet..so there's that lol.

As for the app, I never experienced the things with the app you guys are, I just can't handle posting on the app myself, I tend to ramble and I need a keyboard, I just need one lol. but the browser on the app is a GREAT suggestion, good call my friend :smile:
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    River Goddess
    June Week 1
    Weigh In: Sunday
    PW: 215.4
    CW: 215.4

I was showing a gain on Fri/Sat which cyclically I was expecting, and also I had struggled with overindulging last week. The stay-the-same is welcome and hoping for a loss this week!!

@AB0215 I had typed this out yesterday and though I posted it, but am not seeing it in May OR June. I apologize for the day lateness!
  • AB0215
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Goals: I have changed up my macros this week in attempt to get the scale moving again. I've tweaked my macros to be low carb, high protein, moderate fat. It's still keto but more emphasis on protein than fat. Two days in a row I physically could not eat the protein this plan recommends!! I am stuffed at barely 1000 calories. The nice thing is that this macro ratio allows 35 carbs instead of the 20 I've been doing for the past 11 months, so I'm really looking forward to adding in some summer fruits :)
    @River_Goddess I am one of those people who can't get away with higher protein (which sounds crazy because I train super hard), too much protein and I stall, like I have been, but I've also been putting on a ton of muscle these last few months so that's really part of it for me. I've actually dropped quite a bit of fat so I'm not overly upset.
    Don't be afraid to experiment further if those macros aren't working. There are several methods to try, and believe me, I've read about them all, and tried most :smile: And when I get back from vacation mid month, I will be trying another variation.
    Another thing to think about is the elusive "Whoosh", you just had an amazing month, super amazing, you might just be slowing down a little bit and that's also normal. Be patient, don't be afraid to make changes, but when you do, give it a week or 2 before making more adjustments, see how you feel and how your body reacts.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Pw 201.8
    Cw 198.2
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes 1 hour on treadmill
    Still to high on carbs
  • AB0215
    Options
    @River_Goddess Definitely a good thing to change up the diet from time to time. If you haven't looked into it, I thought I would mention gluconeogenesis, Not long ago I was struggling to understand how I was testing higher for glucose and lower for ketones than I was expecting from my diet. I actually ended up increasing fat because my body was turning the excess protein into glucose. I'm back to more protein now, but have increased my muscle building efforts to make use of it better. Pretty sure your well keto adjusted system would still handle 35carbs tho. :)
    @Fyreside THAT's the word I couldn't think of when I replied to her a minute ago. Starting to think I should read ALL the comments before I post lol. It's supposedly hard to hit the threshold for gluconeogenisis, but I can't go over like 90-100 grams of protein myself before I actually start gaining instead of losing, and I'm a weight lifter. But the thing to remember is, everyone is different, she might be able to handle more protein than me, I'm just not one of the lucky ones. And the only way to know is to experiment!!

• AB0215
    Options
    @AB0215 I had typed this out yesterday and though I posted it, but am not seeing it in May OR June. I apologize for the day lateness!
    @River_Goddess Your timing is impeccable, I was just about to message you :) No worries.
  • AB0215
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Pw 201.8
    Cw 198.2
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes 1 hour on treadmill
    Still to high on carbs

@IanMoone30 I think you're doing pretty well, I don't know how many carbs you're doing, but some people can tolerate more, but the idea opf 20 grams net carbs is so that you can get into ketosis quick and it's pretty easy to stay in ketosis if you're that low, but some people can do more and still get the same results, you might be one of them. You're still losing and doing great, so don't be so hard on yourself!!

AND BIG CONGRATS FOR GETTING TO ONEDERLAND!!
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Woke up this morning with a doozy of a headache.. Checked my diary and yep.. I've been so focused on eating less and hydrating well, I forgot to supplement my electrolytes. Sitting here now crunching on some rock salt lol. Never thought I'd cure a headache with salt. I even had other clues like crampy legs at bedtime. Sigh.. when will I learn.

I've found the app to be terribly frustrating, it's the reason I don't post when I'm down at the property. I'm typing this from a browser and deliberately rambling on a little to see if it cuts it off.

Edit: It didn't cut off, so I suggest open the MFP site in a browser if possible and try posting that way, it should work.

@Fyreside Those pesky electrolytes will get you! I have to wonder, I never paid attention to them before Keto and I used to be a frequent migraine/headache sufferer, but those all (mostly all) gone now. I have only had one migraine in 6 months. I used to be on medication for them. I have to wonder at some point if electrolytes have always been the cause of my migraines or if keto is what solved them, the world will never know because I'm not going back to a traditional American diet..so there's that lol.

You know, I had that very same thought just yesterday. I too used to live with more than just occasional monster headaches and nowdays if I have one at all, I run my super simple checklist.. Hydration and electrolytes. No more heavy pain killers and darkened rooms. Makes me wonder what I used to be doing to my body before I started paying attention. It's the same thing with restless legs. Apparently 1 in 10 people in the US suffer from it.. How many of them have a simple and easily fixed magnesium deficiency.

Sidenote: Slowly but surely I'm turning into one of those people I used to roll my eyes at.. Yoga in the morning, enthusing about vitamins... How long before I start telling people about liquid crystals, oxygen tablets and the benefits of meditation? It's a world gone mad.

@IanMoone30 Wow! congrats on entering Onederland. Thats awesome. :)

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Oh Wow! So many posts!!!!! I've got some catching up to do!

Sorry to be late to the party. I was taking a weekend away for some overdue rest and relaxation.

My super short intro - I'm Kim, from Massachusetts. I am a special education teacher for children with autism. We are into our final few weeks of school, and while I'm so happy to see the end of a crazy school year, I know it's going to be a super busy month.
    I enjoy running, and lifting, and the ropes course now that it is open. I'm working on regaining fitness from a long drawn out running injury. My goal this month is to get my weekly miles up to 20 per week, and increasing my long run back up to 10 miles. I've still got 10-12lbs to get back to "happy weight." My weight loss goal is 2 pounds this month. I didn't do very well with May. I'm struggling. The frustrating part is that I know what I need to do, but I can't figure out why I won't do it. It's choices, everyday choices.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday

Super cardio week

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise. 1 hour step class. 1.5 hours yard work
    Water. 100 ounces

• CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday

Track-no
    Calories-probably about right
    Exercise-hiking with the family 2 hours
    Water-64 oz
  • AB0215
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You know, I had that very same thought just yesterday. I too used to live with more than just occasional monster headaches and nowdays if I have one at all, I run my super simple checklist.. Hydration and electrolytes. No more heavy pain killers and darkened rooms. Makes me wonder what I used to be doing to my body before I started paying attention. It's the same thing with restless legs. Apparently 1 in 10 people in the US suffer from it.. How many of them have a simple and easily fixed magnesium deficiency.

Sidenote: Slowly but surely I'm turning into one of those people I used to roll my eyes at.. Yoga in the morning, enthusing about vitamins... How long before I start telling people about liquid crystals, oxygen tablets and the benefits of meditation? It's a world gone mad.
    @Fyreside I think a lot of people have a magnesium deficiency and have no idea. Our diets in the US are pretty crappy, processed foods devoid of nutrients, which in itself might not be so bad if we just added in SOME supplements, not that I'm advocating for crappy diets with vitamins to fix it. I believe that if you are feeding your body properly, a lot of these things will fall into place and your body will reward you by feeling better and performing better. Just saying. And as for your side note----yep me too. I'm turning into that person so I get it.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Goals: Really was my goal today to get my food under control. So that didn't happen. Got to get back to tracking before I eat it, and take my own advice. Why is it so much easier to offer advice than it is to follow it! Ugh. Anyways, tomorrow is a new day, a new opportunity to get my crap together.

Calories: Nope, not even close.
    Exercise: 60 minutes weight training, arms day.
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona. May 28th. Tracking yes, Calories yes, Exercise yes (lap swimming 45 min.). Carbs. Yes Zero, Fast, so far 29 hrs.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Goals: 3 days in a row I couldn't hit the new protein goal so I think I'll just stick with what I've been doing. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!). I appreciate your collective feedback on the keto-protein thing. I've never had it interfere but perhaps thats because I just physically can't eat enough to cause problems!!
    Calories: Over by about 150
    Exercise: Nope, hence being over cals
    Water Intake: 8 cups

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Monday

Goals: not get overwhelmed by life. Keep plugging away at the weight loss

Tracking: yes
    Calories: over by 4
    Exercise: yes 25 min walk
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone
    I am Jodi from New Brunswick, Canada and I am 44. I am married and have two teenage sons. One is graduating from high school in a few weeks (sniff, sniff!). I am middle school ELA teacher and this is crunch time for us....it will be crazy for the next few weeks, but I will try to post regularly and not cry too much! I am a significant amount of weight to lose... probably another 100lbs, but I feel so much better already since starting to work out last year. I joined MFP in January and have been a loyal Slimsons team member since and have lost about 40 lbs since the beginning of the year. I have a ton of reasons for becoming healthier and 99% of them are all for me. I am finally taking some time for me and not feeling one bit bad about it! Welcome to all new and returning team members...we have a great team! Happy June!!
This discussion has been closed.