JULY MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• mddykng
    mddykng Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just started the keto for the first time diet two days ago!! I’m excited to do this challenge and am hoping to lose 5kg (11lbs)!

• KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone that is new to this group! I am sure you find that there are some really great people here who are very supportive. I'm looking forward to the July challenge, but I need every last bit of June to squeak by with some more progress - lol
  • ssbbg
    ssbbg Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I'm interested in joining the challenge. I lost about 30 lbs last year doing mostly keto. I'm now working on the next (final!) ~30 lbs... I hope to lose 5 pounds in July.

Sunday 07/01
    Sunday 07/08
    Sunday 07/15
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29

I'm actually a little heavier (~3 lbs) than I was on January 1, 2018 (the "starting weight" in the spreadsheet)... Should I put my weight on July 1 in the starting weight box, or keep it at my weight 1/1/2018?

• NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure what I'm up to for July. I've just been maintaining. Since adding in more gym time and strength training I know I needed to up my calories. I also know that while my body gets used to the changes it's better for me to just work on not stressing my body out too much with too large of a deficit. So I guess for July my goal is to stay between 175 & 180. :#
    That may change depending on how my body adjusts to gym madness.

7/1
    7/8
    7/15
    7/22
    7/29
  • MANDRADE36
    MANDRADE36 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I've been doing Keto for the last 30 days and I'm down 20lbs. I'm still unsure I'm doing this thing right, so it will be great to start this challenge and get feedback from others on keto!

Sunday 07/01
    Sunday 07/08
    Sunday 07/15
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29
  • LifeChoiceGrammy
    LifeChoiceGrammy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Looking forward to July challenge. Thinking I must be about the oldest here??!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Looking forward to July challenge. Thinking I must be about the oldest here??!!

I bet I'm close!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I bet I'm close!

I've probably got an edge on both of you, turning 66 this year. :blushing:
    And if you're interested, there is a "Low Carber Daily - Ladies Over 50" group.

• cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Best group ever. I am seeing results!

Sunday 07/01
    Sunday 07/08
    Sunday 07/15
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

Age doesn't matter here! I just turned 57. Going strong!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: I've probably got an edge on both of you, turning 66 this year. :blushing:
    And if you're interested, there is a "Low Carber Daily - Ladies Over 50" group.

I wouldn't qualify for your "Ladies" group but at 68 I meet the over 50 requirement. However, my Tanita scale just told me my metabolic age was 48 tonight.

You seem to feel very alive and vital too, @Stormywxs288? My age feels so insignificant, this WOE leaves me energized, content, happy (not feeling guilty) and confident in my own skin. It's really amazing.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    ssbbg wrote: »
    Hello all!
    I'm interested in joining the challenge. I lost about 30 lbs last year doing mostly keto. I'm now working on the next (final!) ~30 lbs... I hope to lose 5 pounds in July.

Sunday 07/01
    Sunday 07/08
    Sunday 07/15
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29

I'm actually a little heavier (~3 lbs) than I was on January 1, 2018 (the "starting weight" in the spreadsheet)... Should I put my weight on July 1 in the starting weight box, or keep it at my weight 1/1/2018?

I don't think it matters, it depends but if you want accuracy then you'd need to put whatever you are on Sunday 1st July on that date doesn't matter if it's up or down since 1st Jan. Good luck in July!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure what I'm up to for July. I've just been maintaining. Since adding in more gym time and strength training I know I needed to up my calories. I also know that while my body gets used to the changes it's better for me to just work on not stressing my body out too much with too large of a deficit. So I guess for July my goal is to stay between 175 & 180. :#

7/1
    7/8
    7/15
    7/22
    7/29

also with the gym you are adding muscle so staying between 175/180 means weight loss, well: fat loss as all that muscle weighs more, not that I have any but so I hear!!
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    laneybird wrote: »
    nadean1980 wrote: »

Also I am getting married this September on the 22nd so my first goal weight by then is to be in the 150s.
    I am getting married on September 15th! YAY!

Congrats!!!!
  • jrmie333
    Options
    Hi All! I'm new to this group, but not new to Keto. I lost 60lbs last year following a Keto Diet and then put back on a few ell bee's, so I hear I am, back to lose then next 80lbs. I started back on Keto on 5/31 literally on a whim, no planning or anything, just woke up that morning feeling sick from having indulged in too much dairy over the Holiday and said enough is enough and jumped back in with both feet.

4 weeks back in and I've lost 12lbs putting me 86.8lbs from goal.

I'm a pretty good self-motivator, but am excited about the additional accountability of this post.

I follow what I would call "Clean Keto" which means that my diet consists mostly of foods in their whole and natural form. I am both dairy free and gluten free due to allergies, and low carb due to many GI issues including GERD, Erosive Esophogitis, Hiatal Hernia, etc. I even had my first ever Diverticulitis attack back in March, and that wasn't fun. My doctor wanted me to start taking a PPI for my Erosive Esophogitis but agreed to give me 12 weeks of dietary changes at which point I'll get an updated Endoscopy and I'm hopeful to have seen some improvement. I can say, that my heartburn has decreased 10 fold. I've gone from going through a bottle of Tums every few days to only needing to take a Tums once every few days. I also went through many years of health problems which is what led me to Whole 30 then Paleo and now Keto.

I graduated in February with my Certificate in Nutritional Therapy and am now a Certified Nutritional Therapy Consultant. This is my passion project that I hope to some day make in to my full time job.

So, that's my short story. My diary is open, feel free to take a peek.

Finishing out June - 06/30:

Sunday 07/01:
    Sunday 07/08:
    Sunday 07/15:
    Sunday 07/22:
    Sunday 07/29:

Finishing out July - 07/31:

Very impressive. We can all use some motivation and just like you I am also trying the clean keto and homemade only keto.
  • jrmie333
    Options
    Hello here,
    So I lost 1 pound this week and gained it back. Does Keto make you discovered some sensitivities and allergies that you may have? I have discovered this week that I have a sensitivity to provolone cheese: it makes my eyes burn and give me stomachache and gas. I had been suspecting that cow s milk does not necessarily agrees with me so I had been mostly drinking coconut milk but I did not know about cheese (in general, I am no big cheese eater neither). So yeah. I am glad to have started Keto thjs month, for all the resources, the support from this community and ready to take on July.
    Also changes this starting week will be on trying to eat more fat, more fish and less meat.

SW (06/04/2018): 247.8
    CW (06/29/2018): 240.5
    JULY GW: 232-228
    DEC GW: 199
    OGW (06/03/2019): 150

• Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    First timer and new to Keto - Cheers to trying new things!

Sunday 07/01
    Sunday 07/08
    Sunday 07/15
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »

7/1
    7/8
    7/15
    7/22
    7/29

Nikki I know I'm not just speaking for myself when I say you have been a mentor for us on this thread. Please hang with us as you transition from weight loss to maintenance. your experience, wisdom and candid advice has been an inspiration for many of us.

Speaking for myself, I'm most curious to hear what happens from your gym experiment. I've recently picked up my activity level and I'm going through some struggles myself trying to balance activity, hunger and fatigue without spinning out of ketosis. I selfishly really need to hear from keto veterans like you.

Also Nikki you have been a huge part of why I <3 this group. I so look forward to hearing your NY sassy thoughts and challenges you offer each week. This thread would not be the same without you!