JULY MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    w17wf67vhron.png
    It's odd to expect to lose weight every week. The slight irritation is actually a pleasant NSV. :)
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    “Life gets in the way”! I dislocated my left shoulder making a top 10 Sports Center quality catch playing softball. So, softball, exercise and activity will be compromised until I recuperate. I’m determined not to let this set-back sabotage my efforts to kill off these last ten!
    syn424hkqq0l.jpg
    OMG, Stormy, you are getting walloped left and right! I hope it's not too painful and that you recuperate quickly! Pulling for you!!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    laneybird wrote: »
    SW- 312.8

I have noticed I have gained quite a bit of muscle and I am good with that. When I lay on my side, my hips and outer thighs are hard....not squishy! My inner thighs are completely opposite and I am targeting them with exercises. I workout very hard. I have to constantly remind myself that I didn't gain this overnight and won't lose it overnight either. I think that since I am getting married September 15th that I am getting more stressed because of the drive to look and feel good. I don't think I would feel so much urgency if it weren't for that, however, I am still just as excited to marry the love of my life <3

And the important thing? The love of your life wanted to marry the person you are, not the weight you aspire to be! <3<3
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if you would be better dropping the fat amount and increasing the protein? Maybe try that for this week and see where it takes you?

I'll be on vacation the next 10 days so it will be harder to monitor that closely anyway. I don't believe I'm currently in ketosis. I'm still keeping my carbs low which is why I'm not gaining - I'm just not loosing. I faltered again today in terms of planning on eating under 20 grams but was at the beach with friends and just ate to fuel myself on what was an active day.

• db19732018
    db19732018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love visiting family and friends, but damn, I was way too indulgent this weekend. Gained 9 lbs back this week! Starting anew tomorrow. Just frustrating...
  • sdw1262
    sdw1262 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    We had a celebratory dinner Friday evening so I'm not really disappointed in my lack of progress, yay!

Keto Starting Weight: 191
    Current Weight: 182.1
    July Goal: 177
    Ultimate Goal: 125

Sunday 07/01 183.2
    Sunday 07/08 182.4
    Sunday 07/15
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You see I am an addict. I am hooked on caffeine. I start out my obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) daily routine the same way each day. I weigh myself, let in/feed the cat, start my 1st K-cup of coffee then go get the paper. I have anywhere from 1 to 5 k-cups a day. I’m not sure whether I need it or just want it? Maybe it is time to find out.

I too am a coffee-addict. I was drinking one full pot a day... that's 12 cups!! I recently decided to chill on the coffee as it felt like it was getting a little excessive. But I just sooooo love the taste! I find it keeps hunger at bay for me, as well. I have scaled back to 1/2 pot a day, which is 2 "to-go" mugs full or approx. 6 measuring cups. I am going to still scale back further, until I am down to only one "to-go" mug full (or 2-3c). So essentially one large coffee per day.
    I keep on the counter a lovely tin of half regular, half decaf coffee.

I love this idea and have considered doing it myself. I don't just drink coffee for the caffeine, I actually really love the taste and enjoy having a warm beverage to sip on. I would consider trying out a decaf blend so that I can drink more than my planned one cup a day : ) I wonder if there are any really yummy decafs out there?
  • chinatowninchina
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Just wondering if you would be better dropping the fat amount and increasing the protein? Maybe try that for this week and see where it takes you?

I'll be on vacation the next 10 days so it will be harder to monitor that closely anyway. I don't believe I'm currently in ketosis. I'm still keeping my carbs low which is why I'm not gaining - I'm just not loosing. I faltered again today in terms of planning on eating under 20 grams but was at the beach with friends and just ate to fuel myself on what was an active day.

I remember now, you are correct, the task is enjoy your vacation! <3
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    db19732018 wrote: »
    I love visiting family and friends, but damn, I was way too indulgent this weekend. Gained 9 lbs back this week! Starting anew tomorrow. Just frustrating...

it maybe and is frustrating but firstly; it's mainly water weight and secondly; and more importantly you are getting back to it and not giving up. That's what counts and that's why we are being successful, we're not giving up! Good luck this week!
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options

And the important thing? The love of your life wanted to marry the person you are, not the weight you aspire to be! <3<3
    [/quote]

Yes! He loves me the way I am and I love him even more for that. He's so supportive. Even told me not to lose my curves. He keeps saying I am getting too skinny for him and of course I roll my eyes lol. His ex-wife had zero shape and bless her, she looked just like Olive Oil and here I am an hourglass with plenty of "sand" ;)

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Not the 2lb per week loss that I was hoping for, BUT I worked out with a trainer last week and I'm sure that I'm holding on to some water weight because I'm STILL sore LOL and also, it's that TOM so I'll take a 1lb loss and run with it!

Finishing out June - 06/30: 216.8

Sunday 07/01: 215.6
    Sunday 07/08: 214.6
    Sunday 07/15:
    Sunday 07/22:
    Sunday 07/29:

Finishing out July - 07/31:
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »

...I remind myself that I won't ALWAYS have to be this strict and that SOMEDAY I'll be able to splurge and enjoy (occasional) treats again.

I tell myself the same things and that all of those foods will still be there when I am ready to eat them again - they are not going to disappear or become unavailable! :)
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options

But when weight loss stalls, it can be frustrating. I spent a considerable amount of time yesterday watching Keto videos trying to find answers. I'm keeping my carbs extra low and I'm hitting my fat macros - keeping my protein very moderate in hopes to kick start some weight loss again.

@eggfooyamyam I peeked at your diary and your carb numbers are super low! (I need to work more at that; it's hard for me with those darn tortilla chips)
    I tend to agree with @chinatowninchina that you may find it helpful to reduce fat and increase protein. (that worked for me and others I know)
    Also, reducing fat will consequently reduce calories and create more of a calorie deficit leading to further weight loss.
    Increasing protein will help you both with hunger while decreasing fat and also will help to ensure that you don't lose muscle. The principle being that although you can lose weight with high fat days, you get to a point where less fat on your plate means your body will burn what it has rather than what you are eating. But, additional protein is important!