TEAM: The Slimsons (August)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Would like to inform my group that sadly, I won't be reporting today unless I find a way to make it down the stairs. The evil rower from hell yesterday has me hurting in places I have never hurt before. Took me 30 mins to get out of bed and crawl across the floor to the bathroom. I gained no sympathy from my family. The wife told me to "keep your old *kitten* off the rower if you want to see 62", as she headed out the door. Texted my youngest son, the pharmacist for advice (maybe there's a miracle pill) and was told to "suck it up, old man". My oldest son asked me where I was rowing to. Bless his heart.

Best plan so far is to get a mattress from a spare room and slide down the stairs like a sled. Maybe even tie a rope to my fat Lab and let her pull me down. She is totally against that option. Unless I fry her some bacon.

Y'all have a good day. Go lose weight.

@jcgator2016 That's me, so many times over the last 2 years chasing gains...and yep, @SLIMn2016 is right, moving does help DOMS, however, I have had those days right after destroying my muscles where I can't even get down the stairs TO walk so, I get it, but if I can walk, I do. Yesterday I was extremely sore and could barely walk down the stairs, but forced myself to and today I feel much better, if you can't walk, try heat and ice (alternating) that can help too, maybe if you can find someone with sympathy to get it for you, stretching and foam rolling can help too.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016
    August 28th, Tuesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes/Under/IF
    Exercise: Yes, Gym: Body Pump class & 60 Min. elliptical climber

Comments: This morning's Body Pump class, after a year off to recover from injury, was extremely hard for me--- that is a class that I used to take regularly and today I could barely get through it with lots of modifications and light (or no) weights. I have a long road to get back in shape now--- but it's well worth the effort. Trying to stay positive during the struggle.

<3 We can do this! <3
  • AB0215
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hey guys, random question.

We have 2 other teams who need captains, is there anyone here who would like to become a captain (and move to another team)? I know it's a big ask, we've got one team who has been without a captain for months and another one whose captain has become a bit too busy to do it. I know it's a big ask and I hate to lose anyone, but I think we've got a lot of great inspirational members who could be great at being a captain and helping the other teams out.

Captain's responsibilities include:
    Team Motivation--try to help keep the team motivated
    Entering weights into the spreadsheet, you'd get editor access

Please let me know if you'd be interested.

• BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Hey guys, random question.

We have 2 other teams who need captains, is there anyone here who would like to become a captain (and move to another team)? I know it's a big ask, we've got one team who has been without a captain for months and another one whose captain has become a bit too busy to do it. I know it's a big ask and I hate to lose anyone, but I think we've got a lot of great inspirational members who could be great at being a captain and helping the other teams out.

Captain's responsibilities include:
    Team Motivation--try to help keep the team motivated
    Entering weights into the spreadsheet, you'd get editor access

Please let me know if you'd be interested.

@AB0215 - I would hate to leave this team, and would hate for anyone else to leave either. But, as circumstances change, we must adapt. Serving the needs of others is a big part of my life - why should that end just because it is on a screen. I will be the first to volunteer to captain another team (maybe I'll get the whole what week we are on thing down sooner... lol). Once official, if selected, I will move my introduction from The Slimsons September to that teams intro.

Team Slimsons - if I indeed move, I leave these words (I know we have only known each other a short while, but still...)

Do not give up on yourselves. You are indeed worthy of all good things. But good things are not always the easiest attained. Most times it takes hard work, dedication. It takes struggle. At times it will come natural - easy as pie. Others, not so much. But ALWAYS know you are worth the reward - because your life and health IS the reward.

- Jason (@BEASTFIELD314)
  • AB0215
    edited August 2018
    Options

@AB0215 - I would hate to leave this team, and would hate for anyone else to leave either. But, as circumstances change, we must adapt. Serving the needs of others is a big part of my life - why should that end just because it is on a screen. I will be the first to volunteer to captain another team (maybe I'll get the whole what week we are on thing down sooner... lol). Once official, if selected, I will move my introduction from The Slimsons September to that teams intro.

Team Slimsons - if I indeed move, I leave these words (I know we have only known each other a short while, but still...)

Do not give up on yourselves. You are indeed worthy of all good things. But good things are not always the easiest attained. Most times it takes hard work, dedication. It takes struggle. At times it will come natural - easy as pie. Others, not so much. But ALWAYS know you are worth the reward - because your life and health IS the reward.

- Jason (@BEASTFIELD314)

@BEASTFIELD314 Jason--thank you for volunteering, I have found a replacement for one of the teams and I am hopeful that someone on the last team will step up and volunteer, however, there might still be a need for another captain as we haven't heard from another captain in over 10 days. If we don't need a captain anywhere, I would be extremely happy to have you as my Co-Captain (should you accept). You are a terrific motivator and I have certainly enjoyed having you and will miss you on this team should you move, but I believe you will be the great captain that they need should no one else step up. I really get the calling to help others, it's one that I feel as well and something I really enjoy, and it really keeps me going when I run out of motivation to help myself.

Thank you again for volunteering, I will let you know in the next couple days what is happening.
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Tue Aug 28

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: No

Resting day. Did stretches and foam roller. Hopefully will be ready to go tomorrow.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:60 minutes walking

• BEASTFIELD314
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, August 28
    Exercise: Yes

Second job tonight. We were very slow today at my day job, so I took a mile walk. Getting paid and getting healthy, lol! Just got home from the cleaning gig. My stomach has been starting to ache after I eat, and a little while I'm not... almost like acid reflux but not. Does that make sense? Tomorrow I am going to not do my 16:8 and will eat 3 meals, but stay within goal. Just want to see if that makes a difference. Anyway - hope you all had a wonderful day!!!!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona August 28 th Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Carbs no
    Exercise walking and stretching 20 min.
  • a_petersen09
    a_petersen09 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Exercise: 20 minute walk with the family

• ekuassi
    ekuassi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Daily post 08-28
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, 36 min of elleptical
  • BEASTFIELD314
    Options
    Good morning happy campers!!! It is raining rain here. So much rain that the rain has rain. I have my 2nd job tonight right after my day job, so I won't get home until 8ish. No walking/jogging for me today! :-( I am still losing weight, which is great - but it has slowed. No worries though. As long as I am still feeling good. I also can fit into some old workpants that are a few sizes down as well as I am now on the last hole of my belt!

How is your week going????
    pccl49ek18b4.jpg

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Tip for Protein Bars: Heat them in the microwave for 10 seconds! YUM! :p:)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    SLIMn2016
    August 29th, Wednesday

Exercise: Yes, 5 mile walk this morning

Comments: DOMS set in so no gym today... could barely walk.
  • momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am so excited! Yesterday I taught my first water aerobics class! Me! I did it! I never thought that anyone would be interested in heavy set me teaching an exercise class. I did it as a sub for our regular teacher, but I have an interview on Friday to teach weekly.

I am feeling so happy on this weight loss/back to optimal health ride. It seems like things are falling into place to keep me in a healthy mindset long after I stop losing weight.

I just had to share with a group of people that would understand. I texted my mom and she sent back a 'that's nice'. Clearly she didn't understand how excited I was.
  • AB0215
    Options
    I am so excited! Yesterday I taught my first water aerobics class! Me! I did it! I never thought that anyone would be interested in heavy set me teaching an exercise class. I did it as a sub for our regular teacher, but I have an interview on Friday to teach weekly.

I am feeling so happy on this weight loss/back to optimal health ride. It seems like things are falling into place to keep me in a healthy mindset long after I stop losing weight.

I just had to share with a group of people that would understand. I texted my mom and she sent back a 'that's nice'. Clearly she didn't understand how excited I was.
    @momma3times That's super exciting!! Congrats!! I really think it's things like that that can really tip the scales and help keep you on the healthy track long term! Awesome!!
  • AB0215
    edited August 2018
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    SLIMn2016
    August 29th, Wednesday

Exercise: Yes, 5 mile walk this morning

Comments: DOMS set in so no gym today... could barely walk.
    @SLIMn2016 That will be me tomorrow, and it's a good thing. DOMS tells you that you worked hard enough to break down the muscles so they need to repair to become stronger, keep chasing bigger stronger muscles!! :smile:
  • AB0215
    Options
    Good morning happy campers!!! It is raining rain here. So much rain that the rain has rain. I have my 2nd job tonight right after my day job, so I won't get home until 8ish. No walking/jogging for me today! :-( I am still losing weight, which is great - but it has slowed. No worries though. As long as I am still feeling good. I also can fit into some old workpants that are a few sizes down as well as I am now on the last hole of my belt!

How is your week going????
    pccl49ek18b4.jpg
    @BEASTFIELD314 I love it when your clothes don't fit because they're too big. Congrats!! Weight loss slowing down a bit is normal, and especially as you get closer to your goal, or after you've been losing for a long time, anyways, you're doing great!!

My week's been a little crazy, setting up a new month for the group and I'm having a minor procedure done next week and I'm not going to be able to hit the gym for a few days so I'm having to cram in all my workouts around that, really wish I had planned that a bit better, but you know, can't win them all.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options

How I loved reading this post! Congrats on teaching your first water aerobics class---that is awesome!! <3<3<3

I belong to a gym that has instructors of all shapes and sizes--- which I love about the place--- they also have some "big loser" instructors...one of my spin instructors has lost 213lbs!!! Another lost 100lbs.... they really motivate and I think they are better instructors for having lost big weight and understanding what that process is like--- the before and the after--- a very big advantage when instructing I think.

Big bravos to you!! :)
This discussion has been closed.