August 17: 171.0
    August 24: 169.6
    August 31: 167.2

Total loss for August: -7.8 lbs
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    See that's exactly my problem (besides the being a big chicken issue- :D )--I just don't know who to go to--who is good for me for training? I've been watching the trainers at the gym and asking around, but I get a lot of different opinions. I also am very worried I'll get a trainer who does not know how to work around my injuries---big worry!

Thank you so much for sharing! I wish I lived nearby so you could refer me to your trainer!

@SLIMn2016 Most certified trainers will be able to work around injuries, they are trained to know what exercises target what muscles, etc, however before I settled on the one I have now, I did interview another trainer as well and he wasn't going to be a good fit for my current goals so I interviewed the one I have now and she's a great fit for my goals, she doesn't like my diet choices, but I can live with that, I really need someone to help me with my Olympic lifts and that's what she's good at so I picked her.

My best advice, sit down with them, explain your situation and they will tell you what they can do for you or if they can't help you. Each time I have sat down with a trainer, we went through my history, my bad knee, my asthma, my messed up hip, etc...and we work those issues into my training long term and what's happened is my knee is so much stronger and I would almost say not "bad" anymore and my asthma has improved dramatically, I haven't used my inhaler in well over 18 months (knock on wood) and my hip (as long as I do my stretches) is no longer an issue. It's really about having that conversation with them to find out if they're a good fit and don't be afraid to sit down with more than one, after all, this is YOUR decision, not theirs. You have to make the choice that's right for you.

Sorry for the long winded response!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    rlaratte wrote: »

Weigh-In Day: Friday
    August 3: 171.6
    August 10: 173.6
    August 17: 171.0
    August 24: 169.6
    August 31: 167.2

Total loss for August: -7.8 lbs

@rlaratte AWESOME JOB!! Nice loss for August!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    SLIMn2016

Weigh In Day: Friday
    Weigh In Week 5
    PW: 175.7
    CW: 169.7

IKR!! :o I am shocked---but there goes the 3lbs gain (water weight) from last week's vacation--- and the 5/2 IF kicked in a lot from yesterday too! YEEEEHAAA!!! 9.7lbs to gooo!!! Hope I can get there. :#
    @SLIMn2016 You got this, great job!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Well Team Slimsons - the time has come!

Starting with the September Challenge, I will be moving over to Team Flab-U-Less as their new captain. I want to say thank you to everyone in this group for being such wonderful people. It has been a great month and I am glad I got to share it with all of you.

I know you all will continue on your journey and continue to encourage and motivate each other. Since its the internet, I can drop in whenever I want, lol. So I may sneak over to say hello!

I wish you all much success, and will miss you all! Kick September in the rear, and don't look back!!!!

- Jason @BEASTFIELD314

We will definitely miss you. It's been a pleasure and don't be a stranger!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Awwww Jason! @BEASTFIELD314 We are sooo going to miss your upbeat, happy & fun personality here! Wishing you luck in September—- but will be cheering you on still! You’ll be an awesome leader for that lucky 🍀 team!

@AB0215 Ashley... thank so much for that trainer info!! I do need to sit & speak to a few trainers like that—- interview them.

Also a GREAT BIG THANK YOU for all you do to support this team! I feel so lucky to have gotten in here this month—- I am down over 10lbs this month as a result! You rock!!! B)<3
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    When is the last day for August thread
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
  • AB0215
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    When is the last day for August thread

@IanMoone30 Saturday 9/1, so tomorrow is the last day of Aug, Sept starts Sunday 9/2
  • AB0215
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @AB0215 Ashley... thank so much for that trainer info!! I do need to sit & speak to a few trainers like that—- interview them.

Also a GREAT BIG THANK YOU for all you do to support this team! I feel so lucky to have gotten in here this month—- I am down over 10lbs this month as a result! You rock!!! B)<3
    @SLIMn2016 I can't take credit for that really, I only help facilitate it, you guys do the work!!
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Weigh in day Friday
    August Week 5
    Previous weight 286.9
    Current weight 290.2

I totally blame the TOM for this gain. I have been back.to.work this week and we had two staff lunches. That might also do it!!

I am taking my son off to university tomorrow! First time! Sniff sniff! Then I am back to work full time. I promise to be a more active member of our team!
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Fri Aug 31

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. Circuit Weight Training 32 mins, Bike Sprints 20 mins

Missed two days of exercises, completely satisfied with 2.6 lb loss for the week.

Lost 12.4 lbs for the month. Not bad. Still could tweak my diet and exercise routine to maximize weight loss for Sept. PT for knee starts Tues.

• AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options
    JJKM02 wrote: »
    Weekly weigh in
    Weigh in day Friday
    August Week 5
    Previous weight 286.9
    Current weight 290.2

I totally blame the TOM for this gain. I have been back.to.work this week and we had two staff lunches. That might also do it!!

I am taking my son off to university tomorrow! First time! Sniff sniff! Then I am back to work full time. I promise to be a more active member of our team!
    @JJKM02 TOM is sort of a &#$#@, just saying. Hang in there!
    And don't cry too much, he'll do great, he had you for a Mom!! Edit: He still does have you for a Mom, not sure why I said had (lol), and he may need that awesome strength of yours soon enough!!
  • AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Daily Report Fri Aug 31

Missed two days of exercises, completely satisfied with 2.6 lb loss for the week.

Lost 12.4 lbs for the month. Not bad. Still could tweak my diet and exercise routine to maximize weight loss for Sept. PT for knee starts Tues.

@jcgator2016 AWESOME JOB this month!!! You did great!! I think you should be proud of yourself!! Good luck with yoru PT, I know how hard that is, many moons ago, I broke my kneecap (yes, kneecap...long story) and spent months in PT, it sucks big time, but it's a necessary evil!! Hang in there.

AND I'd kill for a 2.6 lb loss for a week, so from my standpoint, I'm glad you're satisfied with it because that coveted 2lbs a week isn't a luxury I get these days!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    SLIMn2016
    Daily Report: Friday, August 31st

Exercise: Yes, 3 mile walk

Lost a total of 10.3lbs this month! :#:p:)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily Report Fri Aug 31

12.4 and with an injury! Jim that is completely awesome! B)
  • AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options
    SLIMn2016

@SLIMn2016 Woot Woot!! Amazing job!!
  • AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 60 minutes weight training, 40 mins walking

Comments: So I vowed to lose 5 lbs by August 31st...I lost 4.6 lbs, like, really, REALLY!?! I'm not really upset about it, just irritated that I was SO FREAKING close...anyways, hope the scale surprises me tomorrow, because I'd like to hit a specific number for this weigh in and I might cry if it miraculously happens...
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona. August 31
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes
    Carbs no 🤢
    Last Friday 153.2
    Today 152.6
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016

Great job, Nancy! Especially when you had to make up for the +3 in Week 4.
This discussion has been closed.