The Projects Page

Options
15678911»

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,844 Member
    Options
    @nebslp , those baskets are GREAT 👍!👏 So pretty!
  • balhoff
    balhoff Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ok my first project is a project I have been working on since quarantine started. Cleaning and organizing my kitchen, dining room, cabinets and pantry.

I bought several new appliances, dishes and pots and pans for Christmas so I need to get rid of the old things. I have so many expired dates on cans that I am setting aside. I just need to know what needs to be used first.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    @balhoff What a great way to make the most of having to spend lots more time at home! It’s important to exert control over what we can to help reduce stress during this temporary “shut in” period.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    Wanted to share what I’ve been working on! Most of you have known me for a few years now since I’ve discovered gardening. Or maybe more aptly, herbal dabbling. I really enjoy planting arugula and lettuce in the early spring. And they hold up very well to the cold New Hampshire nights. They need very little attending too and that fits my style of gardening. :)

In past years, once the arugula and salad had wrapped up in late June, I purchased basil plants from our local farm and transplanted them. Each plant was 5+ inches and hardy enough for the outdoors. But this year, I decided to shake things up a bit and grow basil from seeds. I bought peat disks that I watered and then expanded. I planted the seeds and hope for the best! Watered them and found the sunniest spots in my forest covered home. And look what happened!

f6g5f7rg74va.jpeg

My basil babies!

@themedalist
    How exciting!! Your babies are
    In good hands! 🍃🌺
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    @themedalist Love signs of spring! How does your garden grow? Bet they're twice as big this weekend.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    snrt93eabrd5.jpeg
    8292f18s78cw.jpeg
    nebslp wrote: »
    @themedalist Love signs of spring! How does your garden grow? Bet they're twice as big this weekend.

You are right, @nebslp!

I’m going to post a weekly picture, it’s motivating to see them get bigger!

Still trying to figure out a watering schedule. I thought I was watering them enough, but after seeing several seedlings keel over, I realized the roots weren’t getting watered sufficiently. Amazing how quickly they bounced back!

I’m also trying to figure out if they should be outdoors yet and if so how much. I think all living creatures need daily doses of sunshine to thrive, so I’ve been taking them out daily for a few hours. Especially lately, since the temps are in the 60s. But they are awfully small.

Would love input from my gardening friends!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I’m also growing spinach for the first time. What looked like blades of grass emerged first. Didn’t look anything like spinach! But now I see the spinach!

kbrkhrh5y7mc.jpeg
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,844 Member
    Options
    @themedalist , I'm really impressed and inspired by your gardening. I'm also a beginner gardener, and hope to get something growing. Unfortunately, not being able to go buy plants has kept me from getting tomatoes in yet.