TEAM: The Slimsons (September)

Options

Replies

• ekuassi
    ekuassi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

There is no need to be upset with yourself. Life happens. It is how you choose to turn this around and make next week a win that matters. I have found that learning how to pick myself up from a rough week has been very helpful in long-term success. We are not going to have great weeks every week. That is impossible, we are human. Instead of feeling upset, think of a way you are going to commit to take care of yourself next week.

@ekuassi She's right, you just have to turn it around, take that negative energy and use it as fuel for next week! You got this!

Thanks! I will start by not staying home and going to the gym tonight!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Yeah I noticed when I just lift 3-4 times a week, I don't hardly lose any weight. So I have to incorporate some kind of circuit training so I can lose weight and still lift somewhat. So now I'm confused whether I should drop the weight first then start lifting, or just lift and don't worry about how much I lose.

Thoughts?

Jim this is a very interesting question you pose--- lots of people disagree on what the "right" way to approach it is-- bc the thought is that if you don't lift weights/strength train while you lose fat you'll lose muscle and muscle helps you burn fat. That being said---I chose to cardio my way to weight loss when I was losing the bulk of my weight and then started strength training after I hit my 80lb loss. I only did walking and elliptical for those 10 months and kept my calories very low---1100-1200 cals.

I notice that my weight loss has slowed this week bc my strength training time and weights are up (2 hours a week--next month I'll move to 3 hours and cap it off there, if I can).

It really is up to you and your body (what will your injuries allow) to decide what route is best.

I have to say---you are doing fantastic right now!! You should be so proud of what you'v accomplished these past 3 months! ;):)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »

This!! I’ve been using heavier weights and a lot of resistance on my spin bike the last month. I’ve lost over an inch this week on waist and hips- but weight loss (scale number) is slow this week! Looking forward to more muscle though- it eats the calories!! ⚡️

@mg07030 Exactly, that's really why it's so important to take measurements, you're making much healthier choices, and while technically this is a weight based challenge, there's SOOOOO much more to "weight loss" than weight loss...so to speak. It's so much healthier to have more muscle and have a leaner, stronger body, the scale will look like a jerk, but you are so much better for it! And Congrats, you're doing awesome!!

I am so bad about measuring---I haven't measured in 2 years (when I hit my goal weight)---so I am overdue!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday, Sept. 21th

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes/Under
    Exercise: Yes, walking tonight with my hubzzzz :)

Comment/Goals: Well I ate a ton of junk as my main source of calories today--- first time I've had overwhelming cravings in a while---but it's Friday and I feel like I am totally exhausted from this week--in a fog like--plus my son was at home sick and wanted to eat all daaaaaay loooooong---- which really threw me off schedule with my eating pattern on a Friday. I did it---- and tomorrow is a new day, which is also date night :s:D:(:p:# So my goal is to go OMAD tomorrow and enjoy a nice dinner out with a drink. Sunday through Thursday, back on 5/2 track!!

HOPE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME, RESTFUL, FUN FRIDAY! <3:)
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sorry been distant lately. Working 2 jobs. Getting no sleep. On my days off all I do is sleep and still not enough. Had to visit the doctor. I’ve had gastric bypass and lately been drained and getting dizzy easy and bruising without bumping into things.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 60 mins walking, 60 mins weight training.

Comments: I'm hoping for maintenance this week, it's been a brutal week in terms of mother nature working against me and starting this new phase of training.

Today was day 3 this week of program specific training, and I only nailed half of it, a little disappointed, but it's been a series of tough workouts this week and I'm a bit fatigued. Next week should be better, heavier but my body usually adapts better to week 2 of a new program, week 1 is usually brutal.
    Here's a snippet of what I did, and on a side note, the weights are kg not lbs, olympic style weight lifting is always kg.

t7kfqjx4waya.jpg
  • Merrettsmom16
    Merrettsmom16 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Friday:

PW: 156.5
    CW: 158.7

Well, I’m sorry I let you guys (and myself) down this week. I am grateful to have you guys because feeling bad about letting myself down isn’t nearly as terrible as how I feel about letting you all down. Bring on next week....I promise you all will be proud. #slimsons!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Weigh-in Friday:

PW: 156.5
    CW: 158.7

Well, I’m sorry I let you guys (and myself) down this week. I am grateful to have you guys because feeling bad about letting myself down isn’t nearly as terrible as how I feel about letting you all down. Bring on next week....I promise you all will be proud. #slimsons!

I completely blame Florence for this one.... what a stressful week it was. Next week will be better---don't even look back---onward you go!! <3;)
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Friday:

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: stairs
    Water: about 100 oz

I made it through the day! I almost threw in the towel and had an "I dont care" day, but I stuck with it! Proud of myself for that. :)

I am more lenient on weekends, and tend to barely track. Its kinda my "relax and cheat a little" time. And I use the word "little" quite loosely.....
    But I think I will track everything this weekend. Even if I go way over in calories.

WEEKEND GOALS!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 60 mins walking, 60 mins weight training.

Comments: I'm hoping for maintenance this week, it's been a brutal week in terms of mother nature working against me and starting this new phase of training.

Today was day 3 this week of program specific training, and I only nailed half of it, a little disappointed, but it's been a series of tough workouts this week and I'm a bit fatigued. Next week should be better, heavier but my body usually adapts better to week 2 of a new program, week 1 is usually brutal.
    Here's a snippet of what I did, and on a side note, the weights are kg not lbs, olympic style weight lifting is always kg.

t7kfqjx4waya.jpg

Clean pulls and front squats at over 100lbs?! That's tough....
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona sept 21st.
    Tracking. Yes
    Calories. No
    Exercise yes
    Carbs no
    Last Friday weigh 149 lbs
    Today, Friday weigh in day 150. Weight gain 1 lb. 😔
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Username JJKM02
    Weigh in week Sept week 3
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous weight 291.4
    Current weight 290.1
  • AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

Clean pulls and front squats at over 100lbs?! That's tough....
    @SLIMn2016 Yes, and it's 90% and 80% respectively, and over the next 3 weeks, I inch closer and closer to 100% (100% being my goal for competition).
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Daily stats- Friday 9.21

Tracked: yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: SoulCHALLENGE! (100 minutes advanced SoulCycle spin with weights.)
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Weigh In Day (Saturday):
    @ColinMcP. @gemwolf110. @mg07030.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Weigh In Day (Friday):
    @adri_rene208.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Username: mg07030
    Weigh in week: week 3 - Sept
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 141.8
    CW: 141.4
    Total lost -.4 lbs

Lost 1 inch on waist and hips this week- wish the scale had gone down more. I’ve been on top of diet and exercise- hopefully I’ll do double time next week. Any ideas what I can do to see more scale action?
    I’m under calories every day.
  • AB0215
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Username: mg07030
    Weigh in week: week 3 - Sept
    PW: 141.8
    CW: 141.4
    Total lost -.4 lbs

Lost 1 inch on waist and hips this week- wish the scale had gone down more. I’ve been on top of diet and exercise- hopefully I’ll do double time next week. Any ideas what I can do to see more scale action?
    I’m under calories every day.

@mg07030 I don't know that I would be super worried about the scale, losing an inch on your waist and hips is incredible! My suggestion, drink more water. Your body uses water as a "placeholder" for the fat it loses, so you'll lose inches, but not necessarily weight. Drinking more water can trigger a "whoosh" sometimes, and sometimes patience is necessary! Again, I wouldn't worry too much, you're doing awesome!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Username: Gemwolf110
    Weigh in week: Sept. Week 3
    PW: 215.2
    CW: 213

@gemwolf110 AWESOME!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Username: AB0215
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Previous Week's Weight: 177.2 lbs
    Current Weight: 176.8 lbs

Okay so I'll take that, I wasn't expecting a loss this week, lots of water retention, so I'm pretty happy with this.
    And on a side note, now I'm only 1.8 lbs away from what my driver's license says, still have no idea how long I've been lying about that!
This discussion has been closed.