TEAM: The Slimsons (September)

Options
1272829303133»

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Today is the last day of the September Challenge and I'd like to take a couple minutes and talk about something important and that has really been on my mind this week.

I've been thinking a lot about what @jcgator2016 said the other day about doing everything in his weight loss journey wrong (which I still don't think is true!). It brings me to an interesting point. We can see other people's progress, but most of the time, we can't really see our own. In his case he's still lost 8.2 lbs this month and that's really great, AND it's a safe and healthy weight loss amount despite all of the recent setbacks and struggles he's had.

I thought about it, and it's definitely hard to see it on yourself, and I'm not sure if it's self-defeating behavior or if it's just that we see ourselves everyday and when you see someone everyday, you don't see it, but others do. Which brings me to the point I'm really trying to drive home. My (new) trainer kept telling me that she's noticing a difference in me, and we took measurements last week. I've lost 9.3 inches and 11+ pounds in 6 weeks. Here's the crazy part, I still didn't really think that was that great. I still couldn't see it, instead I only saw what I still have to do. Today another trainer came up to me and said I look really good and that she was proud of me, I've come a long way and have a lot to really be proud of. Here's what I didn't know -- the trainer's have weekly meetings and they talk about their clients and weekly successes, and for them it's a way to share knowledge and as a group become better trainers, and also share their happy moments and apparently, my trainer (which I knew) is very proud of me, but I didn't know how much she shared my success with the other trainers. I never was able to see it. Until today. They now have a whiteboard posted outside the trainer's area. My name is on that board. Right there in bright orange. And it hit me, I SHOULD be proud of that. It IS actually impressive and it also explains why I have to constantly pull up the new workout pants I just bought 2 months ago...

I'm not really sharing this to brag, but yes, I am proud of myself and if this story can help even ONE other person, than it's worth it. This might sound crazy but I never like to talk about myself, and I'm not really the bragging type, but I've also realized that reading a lot of your stories helps to motivate me, so I'm imaging that's true for a lot of you guys too. So here it is, recent history in my story, but also an important take away. Those 1-2 lbs a week you guys lose DO ADD UP! 6 weeks from now, you will look back and say wow, I really DID do that!

And for dramatic effect, I'm sharing the whiteboard with my name on it :smile:
    And I'm sharing the pic I took of my current box jumps...it's 2 risers higher than last week! Because I DID do that too and I'm really proud of that too.

x840wanto2b5.jpg

y8typd72ywdm.jpg

• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username:mg07030
    PW- 141.8
    CW - 139.8
    Weight lost - -2lbs
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Week 4! :)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Today is the last day of the September Challenge and I'd like to take a couple minutes and talk about something important and that has really been on my mind this week.

I've been thinking a lot about what @jcgator2016 said the other day about doing everything in his weight loss journey wrong (which I still don't think is true!). It brings me to an interesting point. We can see other people's progress, but most of the time, we can't really see our own. In his case he's still lost 8.2 lbs this month and that's really great, AND it's a safe and healthy weight loss amount despite all of the recent setbacks and struggles he's had.

I thought about it, and it's definitely hard to see it on yourself, and I'm not sure if it's self-defeating behavior or if it's just that we see ourselves everyday and when you see someone everyday, you don't see it, but others do. Which brings me to the point I'm really trying to drive home. My (new) trainer kept telling me that she's noticing a difference in me, and we took measurements last week. I've lost 9.3 inches and 11+ pounds in 6 weeks. Here's the crazy part, I still didn't really think that was that great. I still couldn't see it, instead I only saw what I still have to do. Today another trainer came up to me and said I look really good and that she was proud of me, I've come a long way and have a lot to really be proud of. Here's what I didn't know -- the trainer's have weekly meetings and they talk about their clients and weekly successes, and for them it's a way to share knowledge and as a group become better trainers, and also share their happy moments and apparently, my trainer (which I knew) is very proud of me, but I didn't know how much she shared my success with the other trainers. I never was able to see it. Until today. They now have a whiteboard posted outside the trainer's area. My name is on that board. Right there in bright orange. And it hit me, I SHOULD be proud of that. It IS actually impressive and it also explains why I have to constantly pull up the new workout pants I just bought 2 months ago...

I'm not really sharing this to brag, but yes, I am proud of myself and if this story can help even ONE other person, than it's worth it. This might sound crazy but I never like to talk about myself, and I'm not really the bragging type, but I've also realized that reading a lot of your stories helps to motivate me, so I'm imaging that's true for a lot of you guys too. So here it is, recent history in my story, but also an important take away. Those 1-2 lbs a week you guys lose DO ADD UP! 6 weeks from now, you will look back and say wow, I really DID do that!

And for dramatic effect, I'm sharing the whiteboard with my name on it :smile:
    And I'm sharing the pic I took of my current box jumps...it's 2 risers higher than last week! Because I DID do that too and I'm really proud of that too.

x840wanto2b5.jpg

This is a wonderful post and the perfect way to exit September's challenge and move in to October---thank you so much Ashley!! <3:) And CONGRATS on your achievements!!

I could not agree more on your thoughts here--- especially regarding our friend Jim @jcgator2016 !! He has persevered through so much this month--- and came out winning. Sometimes we see so much of the road ahead that we can't turn around to see the wonderful scenery we've left behind--- and wow... over 8 lbs!!! SO PROUD!!! October will bring you more wins....

Keep pushing all--- see you in the October thread!!! <3<3<3<3;)B):)
  • AB0215
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Weekly weigh in
    Username:mg07030
    PW- 141.8
    CW - 139.8
    Weight lost - -2lbs

@mg07030 Look at you in the 130s! Great job!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday, Sept. 29th

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes/Under
    Exercise: Yes, 8 miles walked with my family, friends & Goldie
  • AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Winner's Circle September Week 4:

Winner's Circle (Posted 6-7 Days):
    @SLIMn2016. all 7 days!!

Notable effort!
    @mexiconona. 5 of 7 days
    @jcgator2016. 4 of 7 days
    @mg07030. 4 of 7 days
    @CourtneyLomonaco. 3 of 7 days
    @mactigerr. 3 of 7 days
    @Momma3times. 3 of 7 days
    @tinak33. 3 of 7 days
    @Merrettsmom16. 2 of 7 days
    @cmm5904. 1 of 7 days
    @ekuassi. 1 of 7 days

Great job everyone!! I'm really proud of all of you for your efforts and successes!! Keep up the great work and let's have another great month, see you in October!!!

Week 4 Results have also been posted.

Great job to our top 3:
    1st - @Merrettsmom16. - 1.76%
    2nd - @Nikki_1130. - 1.66%
    3rd - @ekuassi. - 1.45%

And as a team we took 1st in Week 4!!

Finale Results have also been posted.

Great job to our top 3:
    1st - @mg07030. - 4.77%
    2nd - @Momma3times. - 4.54%
    3rd - @CourtneyLomonaco. - 4.13%

And as a team we placed 2nd overall, not too bad guys!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Sept 30th
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Carbs no
    Exercise yes physical therapy

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday, Sept. 30th