TEAM: The Slimsons (September)

Options

Replies

• Sandie020
    Sandie020 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Welcome Newbies and Fellow Returnees.

A little about me. My name is Jim, I live in Charleston, SC. Married to my college sweetheart and best friend for 37 years. Empty nesters, we have two grown boys that are married, and a precious two year old grandson. And a chunky yellow lab. Recently retired, actually twice. Govt employee for 24 years, then 8 years as a high school teacher and football/baseball coach. Waiting on the wife to retire but that will never happen. She loves teaching in the nursing program at the local college. Well it's a longer title with a bunch of abbreviations after her name that seems to get longer every year. But that's what she does.

Goal is to lose 120 by Aug 2019. Well on the way, have 95 more to go. So I will be here awhile. This is my second month with BLC, and I love it. It's made me accountable, work harder, eat smarter, and really has been fun. Picked up great friends along the way who are on the same journey. Maybe shorter trips than me, but the same goals, to lose some, and get healthier.

Thanks Ashley, you're a great leader and motivator. Looking forward to September!

Good luck have a great month stay strong and you will achieve your goal we are all here to help so don't forget to shout if you need it
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sept. 2, Sunday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes/Under/IF
    Exercise: Yes, walked 7 miles with my hubby and son (while the other son slept! LOL)

Goals/Day: Goal today is to NOT eat any of the sweets or extras at tonight's BBQ. Prelogged my meals and sticking to it like SUPAAAH GLUE!!! :D:p:) Maybe get another walk in later.

HAPPY SUNDAY ALL! <3
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Good Morning! Welcome Newbies and Fellow Returnees.

A little about me. My name is Jim, I live in Charleston, SC. Married to my college sweetheart and best friend for 37 years. Empty nesters, we have two grown boys that are married, and a precious two year old grandson. And a chunky yellow lab. Recently retired, actually twice. Govt employee for 24 years, then 8 years as a high school teacher and football/baseball coach. Waiting on the wife to retire but that will never happen. She loves teaching in the nursing program at the local college. Well it's a longer title with a bunch of abbreviations after her name that seems to get longer every year. But that's what she does.

Goal is to lose 120 by Aug 2019. Well on the way, have 95 more to go. So I will be here awhile. This is my second month with BLC, and I love it. It's made me accountable, work harder, eat smarter, and really has been fun. Picked up great friends along the way who are on the same journey. Maybe shorter trips than me, but the same goals, to lose some, and get healthier.

Thanks Ashley, you're a great leader and motivator. Looking forward to September!

Jim you are on an incredible roll now... you will make it to goal, no doubt... you have worked through injury and pain, dedication and consistency with your workouts--- it's so motivating to all of us. YOU GOT THIS!!! :)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    colinmcp wrote: »
    Woke up this morning sore from biking but am on the computer plotting my next bike course while my coffee brews.

Working at home most of this week which makes it hard for me to not graze so I'm allowing myself to eat 1/3 of the calories mapmyfitness tells me i've burned (don't trust it at all lol).

You got it this week Colin! Working from home is a bit tough, I know. I've been drinking hot tea like crazy to stop myself from grazing....

Have a great week!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Doing super keto this week! When I’m on it hardcore - I see some significant weight loss. I know some maybe water weight. Going to SoulCycle today. I’m a bit of an addict. That and coffee....

@colinmcp - great biking! Mine is all indoors..☺️

@Nikki_1130 - 3 lbs awesome!

WTG with the awesome spin burn today Mary! Keto--- I have heard so sooo many people raving about the result, but I have not tried it. I need to research more--- any advice?
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Hello!!! I can't believe it is September already! This is my 2nd month doing the challenge. I am a stay at home - homeschooling mom of 3 kids. I also have my husband and my german shepherd Otis living here.
    I am trying to change my entire lifestyle this time instead of my eating habits. I come from a very obese family, and I am breaking the cycle for my kids. We are into hiking and camping, and my kids are all competitive swimmers, so I swim laps also since I am there already. I applied to teach a water aerobics class a couple times a week(my interview went well). Instead of a specific weight goal, I have a long term goal of having my pcos completely under control - including the insulin resistance it brings with it. I figure that will be at least 60-70 lbs though.

I struggled last couple days. With cravings and just wanting to munch. I was within my calories, but they were not the best food options.

So this month, my goal is to do the daily challenge when I am home. I hope that comes out to a 7lb weight loss. Also, to stay 90% on plan when we are camping 9/8-16. I have a feeling it will be hard to be 100% since we are relying on group cooking and living out of coolers. But I am going in prepared.

You have sooo much on your schedule--busy busy busy Mom! I love that you have broken the cycle for your kids--- that is the very best gift you could give your children--BRAVO!!!

You've done so well--- you will make that 60-70 happen!

LET'S GO!!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Nikki_1130 wrote: »
    Username: Nikki_1130
    Week: Sept 2nd 2018
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW = 246.4
    CW = 243.8

AWESOME LOSS!!! GOOO YOU!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    cmm5904 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I’m Chantel and this is my second round of this challenge. I live in Washington, north of Seattle. I work full-time and have two kiddos who are just getting back to school. I am so looking forward to getting back into a routine. I have a weekend trip to San Francisco coming up and hope I can stay on track during the trip. Last month I had hoped to exercise more but it didn’t quite happen. I’m hoping to get back in the gym his month and lose 5+ pounds in September.

Hi Chantel! - 5lbs--- here you come!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    PS: PLEASE SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST IF WE AREN'T ALREADY ... I WOULD LOVE TO CHEER YOU UP & ON THIS MONTH AND GOING FORWARD! ;)
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    @SLIMn2016 inspired me! - so here we go- ☺️

Daily Post: Sept. 2, Sunday

Calories: Yes/Under
    Exercise: 45 minute SoulCycle with 5 lbs weights.

Goals/Day: Drink more water and limit my cappuccinos! I’m working on really toning my arms. I still have to log my arm workout tonight!

@SLIMn2016 - can’t wait til you try Soul- lemme know what you think! I’m starting the Tracy Anderson Method as well this month. She has studios in NY - but also online. Thanks for the motivation all! We have a great team!
  • Merrettsmom16
    Merrettsmom16 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Howdy, Slimsons! My name is Krissy and I am brand spankin’ new to this entire process but I’m SUPER pumped about it! About me: I’m 41 and busy beyond busy!

Where to start. Hmmm? I am a mom to a very curious and active 23-month-old boy. He’s my first AND last! LOL. I do have a 10-year-old stepdaughter who comes and goes and she’s the sweetest! I will have been married to my husband (who is military-Air Force) for 8 years on New Year’s Eve this year. We live just outside of Raleigh, NC but we are Texans and bleed it.

I just finished my first year of graduate school at The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston (Hook ‘Em Horns!!) and just started my second. I’m pursuing my Masters in Nursing as an Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner. In addition, I also just started (last week) at a certain school here in NC (Go Blue Devils!!) working towards my Orthopaedic Specialty Certificate. My goal in the end God willing (12/19) is to be an Orthopaedic Nurse Practitioner and assist in surgery.

I am prior Active Duty (Navy) and currently a Reservist (Navy OR nurse). I spend one weekend a month away from my family and up to 3 weeks a year during the summer for my Active Duty time. In my day-to-day life, I am a Operating Room nurse in a VERY busy surgical center located in a little town that is famous for golf in Pinehurst, NC.

Why am I here? Well, prior to having my son, I was a dedicated/motivated runner. I have completed 15 marathons, and lost count at the other distances. I am a Marathon Maniac, Half Fanatic and Double Agent (for those of you that are running nerds). While pregnant, I completed two of those marathons. Somehow, I managed to gain 50 big ones during my pregnancy. I guess I just decided to give in to whatever my body wanted me to eat.

My dilemma now? I’m so busy that I have lost sight of myself. I know I will probably never be my 125lb former self but I’d sure like to try. My overall goal is to shed 40 lbs in hopes of spending what little time I do have.....with my kids doing active things because I HAVE energy. I feel gross and don’t like to look at myself in the mirror. While you are all strangers, I need to be honest and say it out loud. Thank you for listening and for helping me to stay accountable!!
  • Merrettsmom16
    Merrettsmom16 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 9/2/18
    Calories: Yes/Under:135 cals
    Exercise: Yes, cycled with my Peloton app for 30 mins and did 10 mins of body weight exercises with the same app.

Goals/Day: Started the Keto diet and really working on not wanting a glass of wine. I also registered for a Half Marathon for extra motivation. Would like to lose something/anything this week!!! LOL :)
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Howdy, Slimsons! My name is Krissy and I am brand spankin’ new to this entire process but I’m SUPER pumped about it! About me: I’m 41 and busy beyond busy!

Where to start. Hmmm? I am a mom to a very curious and active 23-month-old boy. He’s my first AND last! LOL. I do have a 10-year-old stepdaughter who comes and goes and she’s the sweetest! I will have been married to my husband (who is military-Air Force) for 8 years on New Year’s Eve this year. We live just outside of Raleigh, NC but we are Texans and bleed it.

I just finished my first year of graduate school at The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston (Hook ‘Em Horns!!) and just started my second. I’m pursuing my Masters in Nursing as an Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner. In addition, I also just started (last week) at a certain school here in NC (Go Blue Devils!!) working towards my Orthopaedic Specialty Certificate. My goal in the end God willing (12/19) is to be an Orthopaedic Nurse Practitioner and assist in surgery.

I am prior Active Duty (Navy) and currently a Reservist (Navy OR nurse). I spend one weekend a month away from my family and up to 3 weeks a year during the summer for my Active Duty time. In my day-to-day life, I am a Operating Room nurse in a VERY busy surgical center located in a little town that is famous for golf in Pinehurst, NC.

Why am I here? Well, prior to having my son, I was a dedicated/motivated runner. I have completed 15 marathons, and lost count at the other distances. I am a Marathon Maniac, Half Fanatic and Double Agent (for those of you that are running nerds). While pregnant, I completed two of those marathons. Somehow, I managed to gain 50 big ones during my pregnancy. I guess I just decided to give in to whatever my body wanted me to eat.

My dilemma now? I’m so busy that I have lost sight of myself. I know I will probably never be my 125lb former self but I’d sure like to try. My overall goal is to shed 40 lbs in hopes of spending what little time I do have.....with my kids doing active things because I HAVE energy. I feel gross and don’t like to look at myself in the mirror. While you are all strangers, I need to be honest and say it out loud. Thank you for listening and for helping me to stay accountable!!

Welcome Missy! My you have a plate full. Good Luck with your studies, and weight loss!
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Sun 2 Sep

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. Circuit training barbells 30 mins, Stationary Bike 30 mins

Gonna try to step it up a little more this month.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes, well it was hard not too
    Calories: Yes, also hard not to be, didn't eat much
    Exercise:Yes, lots. 60 mins weight training, 10 mins treadmill, 4 hours construction, 2 hours shopping for materials

Comments: Sorry team, it's day one and I've been MIA. I've been in construction mode today. Found a squat rack/bench for cheap today and then built the platform for the rack and then built my Olympic Lifting platform to sit in front of the rack. Hubby can use it to deadlift, the squat rack is really for him. We don't have enough weights for me to use the rack at home yet :wink: My father in law is bringing me more plates tomorrow. I'm super excited. Got to find a few 45's so we can deadlift and squat at home. (I say we, but hubby hasn't lifted since high school, I'm certain I can squat and deadlift more than him right now, but we all know how fast men adapt so he'll catch me quickly, even after my years of hard work.) Found the rack/bench and mens bar for cheap, the Women's bar I got on clearance for super cheap, really really happy with how it's shaping up. Sadly I won't get to use it much this week, but next week, I can't wait!!

Here it is, my day's hard work:
    i0qp0240dvkf.jpg
    And my cat photo bombed my pic...

Hopefully tomorrow I can walk, because I have to deadlift!!

Also I'm sorry in advance, I'm going to have to catch up with all your awesome posts tomorrow, way too tired to sit here any longer.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes, well it was hard not too
    Calories: Yes, also hard not to be, didn't eat much
    Exercise:Yes, lots. 60 mins weight training, 10 mins treadmill, 4 hours construction, 2 hours shopping for materials

Comments: Sorry team, it's day one and I've been MIA. I've been in construction mode today. Found a squat rack/bench for cheap today and then built the platform for the rack and then built my Olympic Lifting platform to sit in front of the rack. Hubby can use it to deadlift, the squat rack is really for him. We don't have enough weights for me to use the rack at home yet :wink: My father in law is bringing me more plates tomorrow. I'm super excited. Got to find a few 45's so we can deadlift and squat at home. (I say we, but hubby hasn't lifted since high school, I'm certain I can squat and deadlift more than him right now, but we all know how fast men adapt so he'll catch me quickly, even after my years of hard work.) Found the rack/bench and mens bar for cheap, the Women's bar I got on clearance for super cheap, really really happy with how it's shaping up. Sadly I won't get to use it much this week, but next week, I can't wait!!

Here it is, my day's hard work:
    i0qp0240dvkf.jpg
    And my cat photo bombed my pic...

Hopefully tomorrow I can walk, because I have to deadlift!!

Also I'm sorry in advance, I'm going to have to catch up with all your awesome posts tomorrow, way too tired to sit here any longer.

Whoa! That’s awesome!!! (I also love the cat in there! Haha)
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona Sept 2nd
    Tracking. Yes
    Calories yes
    Carbs no
    Exercise yes stretching, walking 20 min.
  • a_petersen09
    a_petersen09 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 my name wasn’t on the list of competitors that rolled over in the August thread. Did I miss a deadline of something?
  • momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday) Sept 2

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - Walked for 30 minutes with kids, then walked around the outside of the playground while they acted like monkeys :smile:
    Goals/Day: Met my step goal, I have to keep moving as much as possible. That is the only time I am successful.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 my name wasn’t on the list of competitors that rolled over in the August thread. Did I miss a deadline of something?

@a_petersen09 Nope, you didn't do anything wrong, and I'm not sure what happened, but you're on the September sheet, sorry about that.
This discussion has been closed.