Replies

• hollyla9905
    Options
    Ya for skirts and seatbelts! Awesome stuff
  • Canuname
    Canuname Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    808malia said:
    Let the closet shopping commence! This weekend I was looking at my usual clothing chioces, But could'nt find what I wanted... So I thought to myself " Hey I wonder if any of my mini goal outfits are close to fitting?" So I started pulling out some of the clothes that were just a few sizes too small and started trying them on. To my surprise most of them fit! Shorts and skirts that I have never worn before now fit nicely! So I guess I have gone down a few sizes!!! I'm so excited to have more clothing choices. :bigsmile: Winning!

That is awesome!!! Got to love it when that happens. Wish I would have saved some of my smaller clothing, but got rid of it all.
  • Canuname
    Options

therejohn said:

One of my biggest goals (milestones) was to be able to buy clothes in a "regular" not plus size store. I'm there for tops, but must say, I still question whether an XL will fit, only to find they do, and some are a little big. Non-scale milestones are so rewarding. BTW - I also love that I can tie my shoes and no longer look for slip on's. :-)

That is so great. I can totally relate to that one.
  • Canuname
    Options
    I just went to Wal-mart and bought my first XL jacket. Couldn't believe it when it actually fit. I went to K-Mart and their brand of jackets in XL was too tight and the XL shirt I wore for the first time today was a little tight but what a great feeling and paying regular price and not big and tall surcharge is awesome.
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just went to Wal-mart and bought my first XL jacket. Couldn't believe it when it actually fit. I went to K-Mart and their brand of jackets in XL was too tight and the XL shirt I wore for the first time today was a little tight but what a great feeling and paying regular price and not big and tall surcharge is awesome.

Yay, that's wonderful!! :)
  • hollyla9905
    Options

What a great feeling! I hope you find more motivation in your successes
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Last night, I realized that it's time to put together my first bag of donations that no longer fit because they're too big! It's been pretty roomy in most of my pants for about a month, but I'm trying my best to put off buying clothes so that I'm not spending a ton through this process. However, the time has come, and I'm looking forward to getting home from work this evening to clean out my closet. After years of getting rid of clothes that I had outgrown, I'm really looking forward to donating some that I've outshrunk! ;)
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Last night, I realized that it's time to put together my first bag of donations that no longer fit because they're too big! It's been pretty roomy in most of my pants for about a month, but I'm trying my best to put off buying clothes so that I'm not spending a ton through this process. However, the time has come, and I'm looking forward to getting home from work this evening to clean out my closet. After years of getting rid of clothes that I had outgrown, I'm really looking forward to donating some that I've outshrunk! ;)

Isn't it fantastic!!!
    I'm doing the same thing this afternoon. My pants are falling off... it's time to get rid of them. lol! However I still have a stockpile that I outgrew, so I don't have to do shopping yet. Thank goodness!
  • Canuname
    Options
    Just remember to keep at least one pair of pants or at least some clothing. I know I am so I can always go back to see where I came from. I think it will be awesome to one day step into my old pants and just see how much I have really lost in size and gain in health.
  • Canuname
    Options
    emmerin78 said:

That is really great!!!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Just remember to keep at least one pair of pants or at least some clothing. I know I am so I can always go back to see where I came from. I think it will be awesome to one day step into my old pants and just see how much I have really lost in size and gain in health.
    What a great idea Russ! Just last night at the gym, the owner said that I was doing so well that she would like before and after pics to post at the gym... But a pair of pants to go with it would be even more awesome! Again great idea and I am stealing it :devil:
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,700 Member
    Options
    Clothes of course. Have gone through a few sizes now. The plan is to wear them too tight, then fitting, then too loose, then give them away, then buy tight new clothes and start over.

Why is it so HARD to buy a size that's too small? I forced myself to order what the catalog said would be too tight. They were wrong, everything fit just fine.

It wasn't very many new things. A few dresses, a couple jackets, a few blouses, a pair of pants... Everything needed ironing, which I did a bit at a time. Didn't iron fast enough because they're too big already.

This is so strange.
  • Canuname
    Options

Canuname said:

808malia said:

What a great idea Russ! Just last night at the gym, the owner said that I was doing so well that she would like before and after pics to post at the gym... But a pair of pants to go with it would be even more awesome! Again great idea and I am stealing it :devil:

Sorry you can't steal it!!! I already gave it away for free. ;-)
  • Canuname
    Options

PaulaKro said:

Clothes of course. Have gone through a few sizes now. The plan is to wear them too tight, then fitting, then too loose, then give them away, then buy tight new clothes and start over.

Why is it so HARD to buy a size that's too small? I forced myself to order what the catalog said would be too tight. They were wrong, everything fit just fine.

It wasn't very many new things. A few dresses, a couple jackets, a few blouses, a pair of pants... Everything needed ironing, which I did a bit at a time. Didn't iron fast enough because they're too big already.

This is so strange.

Sounds like a good problem to have to me. :wink: Of course the wallet wouldn't like it.
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Down two trouser sizes, woohoo - weirdly the same size on top though heh. I guess that bit is about to catch up ^_^. Had to come back and edit - having just done my measurements it seems my neck and waist are the same but I've lost 7cm (think that's about 3 inches) from my hips in the last month! That was a nice surprise :D
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Down two trouser sizes, woohoo - weirdly the same size on top though heh. I guess that bit is about to catch up ^_^. Had to come back and edit - having just done my measurements it seems my neck and waist are the same but I've lost 7cm (think that's about 3 inches) from my hips in the last month! That was a nice surprise :D

That is awesome :)
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,700 Member
    Options
    How fun is that, Pidge! Congratulations!!:drinker:
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Alrighty it's been awhile since I have been here but

Last night I had to rake leaves and after 40 minutes we got a reasonable amount cleaned up and I thought for sure I would be so sore today but I'm not... My body took the abuse and I have already done a 30 minute 2.5 mph walk this morning! Ya me :)
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Alrighty it's been awhile since I have been here but

Last night I had to rake leaves and after 40 minutes we got a reasonable amount cleaned up and I thought for sure I would be so sore today but I'm not... My body took the abuse and I have already done a 30 minute 2.5 mph walk this morning! Ya me :)

That's great Holly! :) I bet you feel fantastic :)
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've got another one for you: for the first time in my 35 years, I bought a belt the other day. I have never had a problem holding pants up, but it's officially gotten to the point that I'm tripping over my hems because the waist is sagging so badly. When we were in the store, I instinctively reached for the largest size they had, and my fiance stopped me and said "Honey, I think you're going to regret spending the money on something that's already too big. Go a size down." I then proceeded to tell him that there was no way a smaller size would fit, I'm not in 22-24 pants yet, yada yada. At which point the saleswoman joined in and said "Sweetie, no offense, but you're gonna be hula hoopin' in the 26-28 belt! Listen to him". Outnumbered, I acquiesced, and now I'm very glad I did, because I put on the belt this morning and it fits! (with even a few notches to spare :P).

It's so funny how strongly we cling to our self-concept even as our self is changing before our eyes.
This discussion has been closed.