TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options

Replies

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    Great advice about mindful eating! Thanks!

Friday, October 12th
    Tracing: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no, have an extremely sore anckle and I don’t know why. So I tried RICE today and hoping it might be better to tomorrow!

Chris, be careful with Zumba and that ankle. When I was seeing my last PT, he was telling me what I could and could not do--- I asked him about classes. He told me that he sees so many people injured (knees and ankles) from Zumba classes. The pivots and spins, jumps, etc. Hope you are feeling better today. <3
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited October 2018
    Options
    During preparation for Hurricane Florence a few weeks back, I met some incredible people that went out of their way to help the elderly, the needy, and anyone that needed a helping hand in preparing for the hurricane. So, after I secured my families' homes, I decided to pitch in. We filled sand bags and delivered them, boarded houses, and whatever that needed to be done for our community. It was hard work, we got up early and got home late. But, it was satisfying and it felt good to help our neighbors.

I was invited to a meeting Friday evening where we decided we wanted to help the people in Florida. We have roughly 50 volunteers that will be making the trip, bringing 4 semis loaded with water, medical supplies and needed items. In a couple days, we will have more Semis loaded with donated goods.

So, we will be leaving tomorrow morning. I'll be back hopefully next weekend.

What a wonderful way to support the victims of Hurricane Michael.... wishing you all a very safe and successful trip Jim. Your contribution will make so many families' lives better. <3
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Comments: I got called back to the dr's office yesterday after I got some blood results done. That call back/ waiting period is always a terrifying thing... I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. F me. No wonder I put on 35 pounds of fat quickly without changing my diet or exercise regimen. I'm super sad about it and was down a lot of yesterday after finding out. It explains a lot of things which is a relief, but I am also feeling a lot of sadness knowing I will have to deal with this for the rest of my life. Hopefully the medication will help with some things. It sucks when things out of your control happen to you.
    @_ecofeminist That is frustrating but at least you know why it happened now and you can treat it! Sometimes knowing why it happened is half the battle and can help you lose the 35 lbs!
  • _ecofeminist
    _ecofeminist Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Comments: I got called back to the dr's office yesterday after I got some blood results done. That call back/ waiting period is always a terrifying thing... I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. F me. No wonder I put on 35 pounds of fat quickly without changing my diet or exercise regimen. I'm super sad about it and was down a lot of yesterday after finding out. It explains a lot of things which is a relief, but I am also feeling a lot of sadness knowing I will have to deal with this for the rest of my life. Hopefully the medication will help with some things. It sucks when things out of your control happen to you.
    @_ecofeminist That is frustrating but at least you know why it happened now and you can treat it! Sometimes knowing why it happened is half the battle and can help you lose the 35 lbs!

Yeah totally. I actually have already lost 15 of those pounds by just starting to count my calories more but I joined this group because I haven't been able to take off the last 20 for a while now. It's so nice to be surrounded by likeminded people!
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @_ecofeminist Chronic diseases are never fun, but it will be such a relief not to continue fighting gaining weight when it was not your fault! You will do fine and get used to your health regimen and be happier and healthier than you probably have felt for a while without even realizing you weren’t feeling great! Good luck to you!

@SLIMn2016 thanks for the good advice and info in Zumba injuries. I don't do any jumping and was not putting much into it Thursday as my legs were kind of bothering. I was surprised when I came up lame the next morning! I don’t know if it was from doing Zumba after already being sore from walking or if it’s my Rheumatoid arthritis. Kind of dumb not to know. Ha ha. If it doesn’t get better soon I will need to go see the doctor. Boo! Thanks for your concern!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    @AB0215 @zumbaforever @ssssanaaaa THANK YOU SO MUCH. <3 These are all so helpful. I think distracting myself with my phone during eating is such a bad habit I need to break. This group is so supportive. :)

Daily Post Fri (delayed)
    Tracked:yes
    Calories:under
    Exercise:yes

I'm so sorry... I know how awful it is to have to deal with something for life that you were not expecting--- and the sadness and grief that follows. I do know a few friends who also have thyroid issues also... and once it was found they were able to carry on better with meds... so a solution is available. I hope it works well for you. Hang in there. It is amazing that you've been able to lose 15 on your own without having known about this though. Congrats on that--that's a big achievement! hugs <3
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily post: Saturday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, Under
    Exercise: 30 min Stair Climber, 60 min lateral trainer & 3 mile walk
    Water: 120 oz.

Comments: Cheat meal: RIBS! :p Actually the whole day was cheatieee... but I'll get back on track tomorrow.
  • cmteach4
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Username: Bm00re2u
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 133 lbs
    Todays Weight: 133 lbs

Pretty bummed that I lost nothing, but that just means I need to adjust my eating, drink more water, and work a little harder. Next week, I will she's some weight!

Brit, you have been so consistently moving that sometimes your body says hold on there! I bet you lose next week! Remember that scale doesn’t show the inches! Hugs!
  • cmteach4
    Options
    Saturday October 13
    Tracking: yes
    Exercise: no 😩 still babying my foot/ankle, but I left some calories in the table to counteract being sedentary!
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Pretty bummed that I lost nothing, but that just means I need to adjust my eating, drink more water, and work a little harder. Next week, I will she's some weight!

Brit, you have been so consistently moving that sometimes your body says hold on there! I bet you lose next week! Remember that scale doesn’t show the inches! Hugs!

Thank you Chris! You are so right; I need to count NSV!
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Saturday October 13
    Tracking: yes
    Exercise: no 😩 still babying my foot/ankle, but I left some calories in the table to counteract being sedentary!

I hope you recover smoothly! Take it easy!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona
    Daily post Saturday
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise physical therapy., weights, stretching
    Weigh in day is Friday yesterday 155
    Last week 150.
    I went insane, I guess.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,861 Member
    Options

As you know when we get closer to our goal weight it gets harder to lose weight. Good luck.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Username: Zumbaforever
    Weigh in week: 2
    Previous weight: 149
    Today's weight: 148.4

Daily post: Saturday
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes, 45 minutes walking my dogs
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 45 mins weight training, 45 mins elliptical

Comments: Didn't do OMAD today, I was feeling a bit hungry which I'm blaming TOM for so I ate a 2nd meal and I'll just do an extra OMAD day when I'm feeling a bit better.
  • zumbaforever
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @AB0215 @zumbaforever @ssssanaaaa THANK YOU SO MUCH. <3 These are all so helpful. I think distracting myself with my phone during eating is such a bad habit I need to break. This group is so supportive. :)

Daily Post Fri (delayed)
    Tracked:yes
    Calories:under
    Exercise:yes

I have the same problem. Memory issues, hair loss and other side effects. I take my tiny pill and it helps. It is rather common in my family. It used to bum me out also. Now I just don't think much about it. I did lose about 5 pounds at first. Guess the rest of them were "earned", lol. The phone could be a hard habit to break, but you got this.

Shelley
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Saturday
    Tracked👍
    Calories 👎
    Exercise 👎
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Friday
    Track: Yes.
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: No.
    Water: Not sure at all lol but had a lot of water and tea so should be good?

Comments: Was 183.4 this morning on the scale. Don't really know how that happened since I had a burger yesterday lol but I'll take it. Hopefully I'm not losing TOO fast. Kind of concerns me sometimes because I know it's unhealthy to do so but I guess I haven't lost a crazy amount so this all may just be water weight. Not sure. I want to make an at-home exercise routine that I can do soon. Definitely want to incorporate it into my lifestyle.
This discussion has been closed.