TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options

Replies

• _ecofeminist
    _ecofeminist Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Also got this chart from my natural nutritionist. She said that I eat too many foods high in acid and I should be aiming for more alkaline foods to make my stomach acid balanced because I have some leaky gut issues. She said 60-70% alkaline and the rest acid.. I didn’t even know this was a thing. I thought I should share!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Comments: tried OMAD for the first time today... fair to say it’s not for me, unless it gets easier the more you do it. I was hoping to be greatly under my calories today but I just was so ravenous when it came time to eat I almost ate over my limit in one sitting. I think I’m more of a snack all day kinda girl..

@_ecofeminist I wasn't an OMAD person at first either, it took time and I didn't just go straight for it either, I slowly started taking away hours in my eating window and it really got easier when I decided to eat at lunch time instead of dinner. I skip breakfast have a good lunch and then I'm jut not hungry the rest of the day...also helps if you keep yourself busy...
  • AB0215
    Options
    @SLIMn2016 Man, that looks so good. I'm adding chinese to the list of celebratory foods I'm going to eat on Nov 18th when my competition is over. Also on the list, fried chicken and candy corn.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options

For all of you who like to do workouts at home. Check out Sean Vigue on YouTube. Lots of Yoga, strength, core, he has lots of different ones. And no equipment other than your favorite mat needed. Sense of humor and upbeat. One of my favorites.

Thank you! I'm going to look into this. I could use some more core work.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Also got this chart from my natural nutritionist. She said that I eat too many foods high in acid and I should be aiming for more alkaline foods to make my stomach acid balanced because I have some leaky gut issues. She said 60-70% alkaline and the rest acid.. I didn’t even know this was a thing. I thought I should share!

That was interesting.... looking at that list makes sense to me now---my son was having bad GI issues in the past and he gravitated naturally to many of the foods listed there as alkaline foods.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @SLIMn2016 Man, that looks so good. I'm adding chinese to the list of celebratory foods I'm going to eat on Nov 18th when my competition is over. Also on the list, fried chicken and candy corn.

I haven't eaten friend chicken in years... in the meantime my two boys thrive on Chik-fil-a spicy fried chicken sandwiches now and then.... I need to catch a bite of one of those babies-- :D:D:D:p
  • AB0215
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Comments: Today a random woman in my strength training class approached me and said "wow, I could wear your shirt as a dress." :o:s:* Hmmm... I was holding a heavy weight in my hand--she is very lucky she walked away safely :D:D:D Really though--- is that nice?! UGH. I mean she was petite and I'm 5'8"---still. I'd never say that to anyone. ok rant over---LOL

On a sad note...today is the anniversary of my Father's passing (he passed away before I had children a year after I married)...so I get somber and sad and I have to NOT eat those sad feelings. Emotional days like these are hard.

Hugs to anyone who needs them today--- <3

@SLIMn2016 I can't even imagine saying that to someone, who the hell would do that? Like seriously WTF. I woudn't have been nice to her, probably starting with something like "People like you are what's wrong with the world...."

Also, I feel for you. A few years ago I lost my Great-Grandma (the only grandparent I ever really had) and September is a hard month for me. I try to think about what she'd want for me, and I'd think that she'd want me not to be sad and eat myself into the ground, so instead I have a nice little chat with her, I'd like to believe that she can hear me and that helps me get through it. Man, sitting here writing this, my eyes are just filling with tears :cry:
    Hang in there, it's hard, I know.
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    @ssssanaaaa inspired me to make and share this riced cauliflower dish! Sweet & sour shrimp and veggies...

hmhutd11tf5h.jpg

One word: YUM!
  • Bm00re2u
    Options

Thanks for sharing!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited October 2018
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

What that woman said was completely uncalled for. Some people really need to get their inner filter checked. <3
    And I'm sure it didn't help with the sad feelings you already are trying not to eat.... however, it may have fueled your workout a little more! ;)

Yeah actually I did lift a bit easier today- ;):D

You are a bigger person than I am. Lord help me but I would have said something back, and it would not be for the faint of heart. And she probably would have been wearing my shirt, around her neck. Oops sorry, as I said, you are a much nicer person than I am. o:)>:)o:)>:)o:)>:)o:)

I hope today ends on a happy note for you and that you were able to get through it without binging. And whatever you do, do not let her take away your enjoyment of your weight class. B)

:D:D:D thanks for the laugh... you're too funny. I did contain myself, just so I could remain in that class-- it was tough though. Thank you :)<3 I'm drinking my weight in decaf green tea right now... hopeful that works.
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    Daily Post for Thursday
    Track: yes
    Calorie: Yes
    Workout: Yes, core 30 minutes

For all of you who like to do workouts at home. Check out Sean Vigue on YouTube. Lots of Yoga, strength, core, he has lots of different ones. And no equipment other than your favorite mat needed. Sense of humor and upbeat. One of my favorites.

Def checking this out! Love yoga and core work!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona
    Daily post Oct. 11th
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes. Therapy, water aerobics 25 min. Stretching 15 min. Walking 10 min.
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

That is very interesting! I hear a lot about the “gut” causing all our problems! Thanks for the list!
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @SLIMn2016 I want to come talk to that shorty myself! You are awesome and never let people like that get you down! On another note, feel your pain missing your father! I think I will always miss mine and occasions always bring those memories to the forefront. Sending cyber hugs!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited October 2018
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @SLIMn2016 I can't even imagine saying that to someone, who the hell would do that? Like seriously WTF. I woudn't have been nice to her, probably starting with something like "People like you are what's wrong with the world...."

Also, I feel for you. A few years ago I lost my Great-Grandma (the only grandparent I ever really had) and September is a hard month for me. I try to think about what she'd want for me, and I'd think that she'd want me not to be sad and eat myself into the ground, so instead I have a nice little chat with her, I'd like to believe that she can hear me and that helps me get through it. Man, sitting here writing this, my eyes are just filling with tears :cry:
    Hang in there, it's hard, I know.

Thank you Ashley... sharing that means a lot to me. :)<3
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    @SLIMn2016 I want to come talk to that shorty myself! You are awesome and never let people like that get you down! On another note, feel your pain missing your father! I think I will always miss mine and occasions always bring those memories to the forefront. Sending cyber hugs!

Thanks Chris <3
  • momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yeppers

Good day overall. Just very busy with my kids.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Daily Stats: Thursday, Oct 11

Tracked : Yes
    Calories: Under, Fasting 5/2 day
    Exercise : I did an hour of lateral trainer, 20 min of stairs and and hour of strength training class.... wiped out

Comments: Today a random woman in my strength training class approached me and said "wow, I could wear your shirt as a dress." :o:s:* Hmmm... I was holding a heavy weight in my hand--she is very lucky she walked away safely :D:D:D Really though--- is that nice?! UGH. I mean she was petite and I'm 5'8"---still. I'd never say that to anyone. ok rant over---LOL

On a sad note...today is the anniversary of my Father's passing (he passed away before I had children a year after I married)...so I get somber and sad and I have to NOT eat those sad feelings. Emotional days like these are hard.

Hugs to anyone who needs them today--- <3

Dinner looks delicious!

As for the lady, she must have been insecure about herself or something. I don't even understand what the point of saying that is.
    Also, I'm sorry for your loss. <3 Losing a loved one is hard, I know. :(
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Wednesday
    Track: Yes.
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: None. I will tomorrow afternoon.
    Water: ~2.5 liters

Comments: 184.9 on the scale today (was 185.6 yesterday D: ). Thank goodness that went down. So I guess that means it really was just water retention from the salty food. I just realized tomorrow is my weigh-in day! Hope the scale goes down a little more since I'm under calories today too but we'll see. I have an EXAM tomorrow so wish me luck and send me prayers :D Really been studying hard this past week so hopefully it shows!
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Thu 11 Oct

Tracking: No
    Calories: Not sure
    Exercise: Yes. Stationary Bike, Light Weight Workout

Lost power for a few hours, but thankful we didn't get the full brunt of the hurricane. Feel bad for the people in Florida that were hit the hardest. I've been there when Hurricane Hugo (Cat 4) hit us hard in 1989 that devastated Charleston. The aftermath looked like a war zone.

This discussion has been closed.