Replies

• _ecofeminist
    _ecofeminist Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Week 4 Weigh In

PW: 143
    CW: 141.5

WHOOO! AWESOME LOSS!! How's the IF and OMAD going? (Looks like it's going great!)

Awh thanks @SLIMn2016 the IF/OMAD is going well actually. My first experience was the worst so far. Now I just try and keep busy and having coffee/ tea has been a LIFESAVER. Sometimes I think I just need to have some sort of taste in my mouth or something... so drinking tea and coffee seems to do the trick. ❤️
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    @SLIMn2016, yeah the knee is coming along. Sometimes when I make a sharp lateral cut, it lets me know it hasn't fully healed. But, it's holding up okay for my weight/strength workouts since I won't be doing much cardio for two more weeks.

Nance, you probably already know this, but the muscle cramps just don't go away on their own. I used to get them all the time, especially at night. Mostly in my legs in the form of cramps, muscle spasms, charley horses, especially in my calves, hamstrings and glutes. I loaded up on potassium and gallons of water, but didn't seem to help much.

I'll tell you what helps me tremendously:

Stretching - I do this every morning for at least 15 mins. It's important to get the blood flowing and getting the joints lubricated. I also do a warmup stretches before any type of workouts. Nothing worse than straining muscles without a proper warm up.

Staying hydrated during workouts.

Cool down pace on machines. If I do hard sprints on the bike for 20 mins, I make sure to slow down and pedal slow for at least ten mins. Also a quick stretch.

Foam Roller after cool down and workouts. This is vital. After I shower and eat, I'll get in front of the TV on the floor and use the foam roller. I have a smooth one and a spiky one. Rollers help to remove lactic acid in muscles and roll out tight muscles which helps blood acidity return to normal quicker. It also releases tight muscles. When you get on that elliptical trainer for 60 mins like you do, your IT band and hip flexors are more prone than other muscles to get shorter, which in turn puts more pressure on your other leg muscles. The foam roller can lengthen them which can prevent injuries. Then I use the spiky roller for deep trigger points which helps range of motion, better flexibilty, and breaks down tightness and knots.

Magnesium. Make sure you are getting enough. Most people don't.

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    ^^ Thank you JIM!!! I'm not good about taking time to foam roll---and though I stretch after each cardio session--- some days I'm in such a hurry--I don't take the time I should. I do the cool down pace .... and warm up is usually stretching and walking before my workout.

I need a spiky foam roller---- Amazon.com to the rescue- :D

Thanks again--- I appreciate the words of wisdom... I can't chance any more injury. Today I went very slow pace---lots of stretching. :)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday, Oct. 24

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 30min. stair climb & 65min. walking 4 miles on the treadmill at 4.0 (morning) & 50min slow pace elliptical (evening)
    Water: 140oz.

Comments/Goals: Trying to vary my workout routine.... it's hard right now bc I'm limited (no jumping, running, no lifting heavy). Going forward I'll try to manage my stretching/rolling/recovery better.
  • _ecofeminist
    _ecofeminist Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Daily post: wed oct 24
    Track: yes
    Calories: under but only with exercise
    Exercise: yes
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily post, Wednesday, October 24

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes 3 minutes of strengthening exercises 😄
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    Daily Report Wed 24 Oct

Tracking: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. Weight/Strength Workout

Sneak peek Wednesday on the scale looked promising. Great workout today with barbells. Really starting to like lifting weights.
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »

Three minutes? Were you trying to open a jar? Just teasing. :)
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    ^^ Thank you JIM!!! I'm not good about taking time to foam roll---and though I stretch after each cardio session--- some days I'm in such a hurry--I don't take the time I should. I do the cool down pace .... and warm up is usually stretching and walking before my workout.

Thanks again--- I appreciate the words of wisdom... I can't chance any more injury. Today I went very slow pace---lots of stretching. :)

You're welcome Nancy. You have been such a big help, and always there for me. Thanks.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 120 mins weight training, 30 m ins walk

Comments: Today's training took me forever, it really didn't go as planned, but nevertheless, it went. Really need to focus tomorrow!
  • AB0215
    edited October 2018
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »

Three minutes? Were you trying to open a jar? Just teasing. :)

@jcgator2016 That really cracked me up.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Report Wed 24 Oct

Tracking: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. Weight/Strength Workout

Sneak peek Wednesday on the scale looked promising. Great workout today with barbells. Really starting to like lifting weights.

@jcgator2016 The barbell is one of the best tools for lifting, versatile, and there's a barbell exercise for just about every muscle group...
  • AB0215
    Options

@SLIMn2016 While all of my trainers have told me I need to do it, I never do, not a fan, and I have one at home....I do stretch though!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona
    Wednesday Oct 23
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    Exercise 20 min walking
  • bdixon1154
    bdixon1154 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday

Track yes
    Calories Under
    Exercise Walked for about an hour.

Weighed 194.8 this morning. Super excited and hoping to meet 190 goal in 2 weeks!!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise: 30 minutes of core
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Yes, really under
    Exercise: No, rest day
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Track: no
    Calories: I think under, but there was a cheetos incident when I was getting my kids a snack
    Exercise: elliptical 20 minutes

So my husband went out of town on Tuesday, so it's just me with the 3 kiddos. Exhausting! i had it in my head that after I put them to bed I was going to work out again, but so far it hasn't happened.
  • ekuassi
    ekuassi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Daily post: 10-24
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes, 45 min of bootcamp
    Goal for today: limit my coffee intake
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Username: tinak33