TEAM: Gutbusters (November)

Replies

• fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Username:fe452436
    Tracking:Yes
    Calories:Yes
    Exercise:Yes

Thanks @craigo3154 for the tip you gave few days ago that is to start exercise with 5 minutes.And once started you will most likely continue.Yes this worked specially in my case.Several times during the day now I stand up and start with it and continue for 10-15 minutes.
    Thanks again.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    @craigo3154 This is his 3rd wake up call. The first being a stent in his subclavial artery 6 years ago at which time he did quit smoking, otherwise he was destined for bypass surgery. The second, 3 years ago, was a perforated colon during a bout of diverticulitis. He was septic and close to organ failure. He spent 11 days in ICU during which he had surgery to remove part of his colon. He had a colostomy for 6 months, then another surgery to reattach his "plumbing." After that, I got serious about my health and lost 60 pounds and achieved my goal of 128#. I do a lot of the cooking, mostly good nutritious meals, but he's a snacker, a creative one at that. Tonight it was a bowl of buttered popcorn, a plate of scrambled eggs, and a small bowl of trail mix, easily a day's worth of calories. With this new round of health issues and him not even trying, I just don't know what to do anymore. I know he's under a lot of stress. I'm hoping we'll have some news from his cardiologist soon (he's on vacation until next week). Thanks for being my sounding board. We'll get through this, after 39 years of marriage I'm not ready to trade him off just yet!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    November 9
    Exercised yes. Treadmill & housework
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • TomatoeLady
    TomatoeLady Posts: 24 Member
    TomatoeLady (previously asttc)
    Nov 9 week 1
    previous weight 167
    current weight 165 :)

Happy Friday!!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    November 9
    Exercised?: Yes (5km in 39 mins - hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Work from home again today.

Not much else to report.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    I've been MIA as my dad had another serious health episode when he was out with me followed by over 7 hours at the emergency room and then I was staying with him. I did weigh in on Wednesday but didn't get on here to post my weight.

Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight:144.5 pounds
    Todays Weight: 143.6 pounds

ACHIEVED A NEW LOWEST WEIGHT FOR THIS TIME ROUND ON MY WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY.
    DOWN 26.5 POUNDS FROM MY HIGHEST WEIGHT.

@inshapeCK. Great work. Well done.

Hope your dad is OK soon.
  • etusk16
    etusk16 Posts: 35 Member
    etusk16
    PW 190
    CW 188
    Weigh in day Friday
  • vickiontheriver
    vickiontheriver Posts: 7 Member
    Weigh in first week
    PW 215.8
    CW 213

new week to focus on getting some exercise.
  • Rocknut53
    Weigh in first week November:
    Weight last week: 146.7
    Weight this week: 147.9
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Weigh in first week
    PW 215.8
    CW 213

new week to focus on getting some exercise.

@vickiontheriver We have your PW at 210. Is that a typo? Thanks!
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    November 9
    Exercise: 9round
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
  • Rocknut53
    November 9
    Exercise: yes, finally got a snowy hike in with the dogs
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    5dh9c6usugm4.jpg

• fe452436
    Username:fe452436
    Weigh in day:Friday
    Weigh in week:1st
    Weight last week:194 lbs
    Weight this week:195.5 lbs
  • fe452436
    Tracking:yes
    Calories:yes
    Exercise:yes
  • dommylifts
    dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
    November 9
    Exercised: yes. Heavy squats and jumping rope at the gym.
    Calories: no! I was craving pizza and decided to use my cheat day today for an extra cheesy pizza. No regrets. Back to the grind tomorrow.
    Tracked: yes. I also weighed everything except my pizza.

I am trying very hard to not lose anywhere near as much weight in one week as last week (5 pounds). I’ve been putting in extra time at the gym hoping to gain a little muscle mass this month to make up for weight lost. I want to eventually be around 140, but I want it to be done correctly, not just quickly. I know this is a competition but I also want to make sure I stay healthy in the process and stick to 1-1.5 pounds a week.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    November 10
    Exercise. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked yes
  • LesIckaBod
    edited November 2018
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    November 9
    Exercise: yes, finally got a snowy hike in with the dogs
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    5dh9c6usugm4.jpg

@Rocknut53 Looks gorgeous -- and cooold! Do you have to switch to snowshoes at a certain point in the winter? I used to snowshoe a lot with my dog, before Mr 6 came along, and I'm feeling like I'm ready to get back out there again this winter
  • LesIckaBod
    dommylifts wrote: »
    November 9
    Exercised: yes. Heavy squats and jumping rope at the gym.
    Calories: no! I was craving pizza and decided to use my cheat day today for an extra cheesy pizza. No regrets. Back to the grind tomorrow.
    Tracked: yes. I also weighed everything except my pizza.

I am trying very hard to not lose anywhere near as much weight in one week as last week (5 pounds). I’ve been putting in extra time at the gym hoping to gain a little muscle mass this month to make up for weight lost. I want to eventually be around 140, but I want it to be done correctly, not just quickly. I know this is a competition but I also want to make sure I stay healthy in the process and stick to 1-1.5 pounds a week.

@dommylifts Sounds like a nice workout! Regarding your loss, I think about 1% loss per week is considered good, so for you about 1.5 lbs would be right on target. Keep up the protein to help maintain/grow the muscle. Do you have a trainer or are you following some kind of strength training plan in particular?

• LesIckaBod
    It's Saturday, and the last day of Week 1 for November. Today I'm looking for weights from:

@auntdeb37
    @beachbunnydana
    @emmclean
    @ShareASmile
    @tamyka105

And I have a few blanks spots in the spreadsheet from earlier this week, too. If I missed you earlier, please tag me here with a little reminder post! Here's who I'm looking for:

@90kgtoNewMe
    @akaSaraNoH
    @CDiddyGetsFitty
    @cjscoey
    @dalerichardson2011
    @lacatgirl
    @vickibublitz5

This discussion has been closed.