Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday December 6

Track: yes
    Calories: no- over
    Exercise: yes - walked a mile and bikini body mommy work out

Comments: I was HUNGRY all day, I think in part to me being significantly under the past two days. I stuck to nutrient dense foods, but still ended up over

@Beckymomof3girls I wouldn't worry toooo much about being over today, as if you're under most of the time and go over once, you're still under for the week...it takes 3500 calories to lose 1 pound so if you're under most of the time, you're still coming out ahead....and if you've been sick, you might just have needed a little more food to re-fuel...either way, it's one day and not a big deal in the grand scheme of things...you just have to pick back up tomorrow!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Okay @AB0215, back in the garage with 15 lb dumbbells. Squats, lunges, shoulder press, pushups and rows. Only 3x10, just testing the waters. Heart rate stable. Amazing how weak I've become sitting out Nov. Gonna take it light and slow. Knee feels great. Slightly swollen but got deeper in the squats which is a good sign. I'm hoping Santa brings me a squat rack.

@jcgator2016 I also hope Santa brings you a squat rack! I love mine, got it used and at a great price. While it's not exactly what I wanted, it does the job and saved hundreds...and I'm about to polish off my basement gym this month and I'm super excited. Part 1 of the last phase will happen this weekend or next week, I have to take down the pictures on the wall and re-frame them and move them to another wall to clear the wall for my giant mirror for behind my squat rack. Not looking forward to hanging that, or re-hanging any of the giant 24x36 sized pictures I have to re-frame and re-hang, but it will all be worth it in the end.

I'm glad to see you're able to get back into weight training, I'd probably die if I couldn't train. Smart to keep it simple and light as you ease back into it. And it IS surprising how quickly you lose it if you don't use it! I know that first hand and something I'm experiencing right now! I've been super focused on my Olympic lifts that I've sort of neglected my other lifts as there's just not enough time for all of them and I've definitely noticed that my squat, bench and deadlifts have suffered a bit and I'm not thrilled, but it's a temporary but necessarily evil, lol.
  • AB0215
    Options
    This is my fifth month with the Slimsons, and I thoroughly enjoy it. It holds me accountable, to log daily, and gives me motivation in my quest to lose weight. Ashley is a great Capt, always there for encouragement or a kick in the butt. I'm recently retired, married to my best friend and college sweetheart for 37+ years. We have two grown sons, both married and a precious 2 1/2 year old grandson I aptly dubbed Bubby. Highlight of my week is picking Bubby up from daycare two days a week and hanging out. We also have a chunky English Lab that hates walks, pools, dog parks, the beach, and fetching. She loves bacon. That's her in my profile pic.

@jcgator2016 I ALWAYS love your intro, still not sure I've issued that kick in the butt yet, maybe it will be this month, or maybe it will be my own butt I kick, I'm pretty disappointed in myself right now, I'm lacking the motivation to carry me through and I'm blaming not having a solid deadline, but I really shouldn't need that to do what I need to do :frowning:
    And everyone, dogs included, loves bacon....just saying, bacon should be it's own food group, like pizza...just saying. I've never had a dog that liked water, and we always had labs and a pool growing up, and somehow, never had a dog end up in the pool, except that one time the solar cover was on and she thought she could just walk out there on top of it and not sink in...she was not amused, but we were...
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday December 6

Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes - 15,000 steps, stretching conditioning and repeatedly practicing an annoyingly enthusiastic dance for the Christmas display, that for some reason all the kids had forgotten! Then helping a friend move house.

I ended up walking to work in the horrible rain because the car had a flat. It’s raining even worse this morning, so I hope my husband gets home in time to drive me to work.
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Daily. Post. Dec 6
    Tracked. Yes
    Calories. Close
    Exercise. No. Bad cold🤧
  • goodreadsgal
    Options
    Forgot to post my monthly introduction.

My name is Jim, I am 62 and reside in Charleston, SC

This is my fifth month with the Slimsons, and I thoroughly enjoy it. It holds me accountable, to log daily, and gives me motivation in my quest to lose weight. Ashley is a great Capt, always there for encouragement or a kick in the butt. I'm recently retired, married to my best friend and college sweetheart for 37+ years. We have two grown sons, both married and a precious 2 1/2 year old grandson I aptly dubbed Bubby. Highlight of my week is picking Bubby up from daycare two days a week and hanging out. We also have a chunky English Lab that hates walks, pools, dog parks, the beach, and fetching. She loves bacon. That's her in my profile pic.

Started this weight loss journey on 23 June. To lose 120 lbs. I've knocked almost 40 off, so I only have to do it 2 more times. I have started and quit numerous times, but this time I am motivated, laser focused and will not stop till I reach my objective. Gonna hit some snags on the way. Lord knows, I had a tough month in October and last month was no picnic. Nov 5, three hours after my weightlifting session, my heart rate stayed well over 153 and wouldn't come down. Wife came home from work, took me to the ER and after two days in the hospital, they managed to get my HR down with meds. Cardiologist said the cause was Atrial Flutter. After a battery of tests and modifying my meds, the last 9 days my heart beat has remained normal, and I was recently cleared to exercise except no heavy lifting.

Best advice I can give is to please stick to the plan. There is a reason why we are all here. If you have a bad day, or a bad week, don't give up. Keep pushing. Ask for help. Seen too many good people on here just quit and leave after their first week.

Good luck to all. Glad y'all are part of this group. Go Slimsons!

• goodreadsgal
    Options
    Thanks Jim for your post. Needed to hear that. Hope all is well
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Username: jcgator
    Week: December Week 1
    PW: 257.8
    CW: 257.2

Not much, but I'll take it. Anything is better than a gain. Time to get serious again and get back on track. 5 day detox/reset starting today. Year end goal was to be under 250, so I have some work to do.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh in:
    Username: CourtneyLomonaco
    PW: 155.6
    CW: 153.4

A step in the right direction!

Daily post (thursday)
    Calories: under
    Exercise: P90X3 The Challenge
  • AllyTheGrump
    AllyTheGrump Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Username: AllyTheGrump
    Week: December Week 2?
    PW =298.6
    CW= 297
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Cmteach4
    Weekly weigh in December 7
    PW. 188
    CW. 190.8 😟
  • AB0215
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    Cmteach4
    Weekly weigh in December 7
    PW. 188
    CW. 190.8 😟

@cmteach4 Might be time to dig deep and think about thy you wanted to lose the weight in the first place, go back and find what motivated you to start in the first place, that usually helps me.
    You got this, take baby steps, one day at a time!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Username: AllyTheGrump
    Week: December Week 2?
    PW =298.6
    CW= 297

@AllyTheGrump Week1 and awesome job this week!!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have a question about posting whether our calories were under goal or not for the day. Is that the MFP set goal? The reason I ask is that my doctor set my calorie goal at 1350 calories per day, regardless of exercise. MFP always adds in the exercise calories. I am always way under that because they add a crazy amount of calories. I think what I will do in the future is say "yes" only if I am under the 1350 calories because that is my true goal. I asked my doctor yesterday about eating back the exercise calories and she to not do that....so I think I will go with that as my absolute goal for the day. Hope this makes sense.
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Username: Kathleenford04
    PW: 169.2
    CW: 167.8

Not sure if it’s a true loss due to having the flu, but happy anyway 😆
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Username: SLIMn2016
    PW: 165.9
    CW: 163.8

Juggling the same 2-3lbs. Need to break through this and get to the 150’s.

I am doing the same thing over here!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    I have a question about posting whether our calories were under goal or not for the day. Is that the MFP set goal? The reason I ask is that my doctor set my calorie goal at 1350 calories per day, regardless of exercise. MFP always adds in the exercise calories. I am always way under that because they add a crazy amount of calories. I think what I will do in the future is say "yes" only if I am under the 1350 calories because that is my true goal. I asked my doctor yesterday about eating back the exercise calories and she to not do that....so I think I will go with that as my absolute goal for the day. Hope this makes sense.

@CindyJNC1963 Under means whatever YOUR goal is, MFP set or otherwise, it's YOUR goal, so if you're following what your doctor says, then that's great, if you're going by what MFP suggests, also great. I don't go by either of those personally, I've made my own goal which I created because none of the other things were working for me, MFP, my doctor's suggestions, etc. I also do not eat back exercise calories, some do. Also that's sort of why I disconnected my Fitbit from MFP a long time ago, I got super annoyed at it adding back exercise calories. You'll create a larger deficit by not adding back exercise calories, and some days you might feel hungrier than others, so some days might be harder to not add those back. It's a personal decision and I choose not to eat them, some day I probably will, when I've reached my goal weight and want to maintain and still train hard, but right now, losing weight is more important.
    The bottom line is, your goal is your goal, and as long as your meeting YOUR goal, no matter how it was set, by you, MFP or your doctor, that's what's important.
  • AB0215
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Username: SLIMn2016
    PW: 165.9
    CW: 163.8

Juggling the same 2-3lbs. Need to break through this and get to the 150’s.

I am doing the same thing over here!!

@SLIMn2016 @mg07030 Me 3, I've really been trying these last few days to buckle down and watch what I'm eating so that I can break through, maybe that's what we all need to focus on, our intake, that's usually where it's at, and for those of us getting closer to our goal *cough*Nancy*cough* you may want to consider that you're a lot healthier and may weigh a little more with all the muscle you've gained, since you look AMAZING...
This discussion has been closed.