TEAM: Gutbusters (December)

Options

Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    ycqojcqk4376.png

Last week's QOTW didn't get much traction, so hopefully maybe this one will:

Looking back at your 2018, what is the most important thing in your life that happened to you / you learned, and how will you use that experience to improve your life in 2019?

I can see this question going all kinds of ways, so I hope you take a minute to share with us your thoughts!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    December 21
    Exercised?: Yes. (20 mins bodyweight)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Work from home again today. Last day of work for the year.

Raining when finished dinner before dusk, so did bodyweight instead. Comment from my wife while doing them was "I can see your ribs. Don't get too thin".

December 22
    Exercised?: Yes. (drone track pack up)

Morning helping run errands to help get house in order for Christmas. Afternoon was drone race practice.

Lunch with friends tomorrow.

December 23
    Exercised?: Yes. (3km in 24mins - hills)

Lunch with friends. Had not seen them for a while due to busy schedules. Nice to catch up.

My wife is still doing amazing. Having trouble finding clothes that don't swim on her. She is smaller now than she has ever been in her adult life.

Family over for Christmas on Tuesday so tomorrow is final shopping and house preparation.

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@LeslckaBod.
    @Dommylifts.
    @WishfulThinning18.
    @amynew4u.
    @eevang.
    @michellelagle.
    @ryjar80.
    @westray16.
    @zimborunner.
    @12sarah2015.
    @caitlynns727.
    @inshapeCK.
    @kkmark.
    @aknroberts.
    @Colleen790.
    @Grebber1.
    @Stimpy56.
    @Daloverlyme.
    @fe452436.
    @TomatoeLady.
    @auntdeb37.
    @BonnieHosk85.
    @californiajuls.
    @emmclean.
    @lacatgirl.
    @ShareASmile.

This is the last week of the December Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the January Challenge.

The January challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Gutbusters (January) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10713496/team-gutbusters-january#latest
    If you wish not to participate next month, please message the team captain or Ashley (@AB0215) or Craig ( @craigo3154. )

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WishfulThinning18
    Sundays
    Previous: 282.2
    Current: 279.8
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    So my next weighin is boxing day, my weight will be up. I moved towns this year. I now know I prefer living close to family
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Today is Monday, Week 4 December, Gutbusters! I'm looking for weights from:

@amynew4u
    @eevang
    @michellelagle
    @ryjar80
    @westray16
    @zimborunner
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    LesIckaBod
    December Week 4
    Previous Weight: 163.7
    Current Weight: 163.1

Back in my groove, by which I mean this weight I've been hanging out in for months.

Good news: I'm at this weight after 2 days on the road and a late dinner last night at a delicious BBQ buffet with my childhood friend (we've known each other 30+ years) and her kids.

Glass half-full, half-empty news: I'm still not back to tracking. Glass is half full because I'm maintaining, which shows I've internalized something about the amount of food I need to stay at this weight. Glass is half empty because I need to track to reach a calorie deficit, and I do ultimately want to cut more fat (not lose muscle, though).

Bad news: I'm still overloaded with work, and not getting sleep. Dude, this vacation is rough.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    ycqojcqk4376.png

Looking back at your 2018, what is the most important thing in your life that happened to you / you learned, and how will you use that experience to improve your life in 2019?

My life changed in April when I got an InBody scale reading that showed my body fat % and a measure of visceral fat. Whether the scale is accurate or not, it was effective, because I came home, started an MFP account, did my first hasfit.com foundation workout, and got serious about taking care of myself. (What I'm not saying here is how I shocked and sad I felt over what I had done to myself: 49.4% bf, 20/20 on the visceral fat measure, when good is 10/20).

I last used the scale in late October. My bf% was 33-ish, visceral fat was 10, weight was about where it is now.

Whether the scale is accurate or not, it changed my approach to weight loss, because I learned I needed to focus on getting sufficient protein and doing strength training to preserve my muscle. I was at my current weight once before in my adult life, but I'm in better shape now: visible muscle definition in shoulders, arms, and legs, improved cardio ability, even though that hasn't been my focus. My thighs don't rub together when I walk. I think I'm beginning to look a little athletic -- still thick, but there's some foundation here.

I've got about 20 pounds of fat to lose to reach my goal bf% in 2019. I feel like I can do it!

• michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Week 4
    PW: 155
    CW: 156
    Wow 😳 I have had a hard month for weight loss. But to be honest,I really believe I know what to do to lose more weight now. Next week is the first week of January and I'm fired up for it. So watch out! By April my goal is 135lbs.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    December 24
    Exercised?: Yes. (3km in 24mins - hills)

Busy day today. Lots of house preparations for tomorrow.

Very warm today, so got walk in late to avoid the worst of the heat.

Hope all have a safe and prosperous festive season.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »

Last week's QOTW didn't get much traction, so hopefully maybe this one will:

I can see this question going all kinds of ways, so I hope you take a minute to share with us your thoughts!

The most significant thing that happened to me this year is what I have inspired others to do.

In 2017 I lost 25kg (50+lbs) and improved my health without special food or going to the gym. Through 2018, I have maintained this weight by using exactly the same habits that ware formed when losing the weight.

This year, my continues success inspired my wife to try to lose weight and try reverse her type 2 diabetes. Finally after 30+ years of failure in this area, some success is being seen and she is now 25kg lighter and off 2 of her 4 diabetic medications (insulin and glyade {pancreas insulin booster}). Continued success in this area will mean a better, longer and more active life for her (and us together).

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink. However, if you park them round the waterhole, they may eventually get the idea :)

The key seems to be to make your habits, then let your habits make you.

I hope I can continue to inspire and help others to manage weight/health successfully.
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Username:- zimborunner
    Week 4
    PW:- 173
    CW:- 174
    Ugh, feel so angry with myself. I work so hard to lose a pound and poof, there it is back again. Not tracking accurately, always a day or two late. Christmas goodies, but dinner at home with family tomorrow and then it's over. Back on the wagon...so to speak.

Merry Christmas one and all, hope you spend quality time with friends and family and enjoy the festive season.
  • zimborunner
    Options
    QOTW
    I went back to work after over a year off - we moved house, from northern California to southern. I feel like I belong to something bigger than me again, contributing somewhere other than home and family. I work special ed and work with a wonderful group of people, all so enveloping, supportive, which we all need in the job we do. Some days you wander if you make a difference, so that makes it hard, but I know my life is better for it, every day is different and challenging and makes me a much better person for it. I hope I make others' days better for being there too. Here's to a happy, healthy and successful 2019 to you all!
  • zimborunner
    Options
    Dec 24th
    Exercised:- Yes, 60mins treadmill
    Calories:- Yes
    Track:- Yes
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    December 23
    Exercised?: No - rest day

December 24
    Exercised?: No - Visiting Family and Celebrating Christmas
    Calories?: No
    Tracked?: No

Merry Christmas Team!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!! Exercised.. Definitely! Persian celebrations are all about the dancing. And because the weathers cool today I managed to sneak in a walk. Tracked.. Yes. Calories.. Not quite! the Aussie tradition of always eating too much (I brought fruit salad for Christmas so did try and snack on that).
  • amynew4u
    amynew4u Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Username:- amynew4u
    Week 4
    PW:- 279
    CW:- 280

Happy Holidays to all! Though I’m posting a gain, I’m celebrating the lowest gain I’ve had in years. That’s a win in my book. I tracked everything and ate most of my favorites in moderation. This is my future. I didn’t hit my mini goal of 275 in December YET. But I’m not giving up. This is just another week, another day, another meal in this new paradigm. Holidays, events, birthdays, parties, funerals - there will always be some reason/excuse for me to ‘blame my game/gain’ on. Nope. Happy with the loss so far this month on the 25th, and ready to continue onward for the remaining days of the month!

Hats off to all of you for staying in it. I’ll be here for January, too. Rooting for all of you!
This discussion has been closed.