Leslie Sansone January 2019 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    janna674 and VeggieGirlfor Life, I'm doing the Dry January thing too. After seeing a report that the people that did this challenge lost an average of 4.5 lbs.... yep, that's a good motivator. And while I never had a hangover, I did notice that I don't sleep as well after have a drink with dinner.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    My goal is to aim for between 8500 and 10k for 5 days a week. Met those goals M, W, R and today :).

WTG!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    H2596 wrote: »
    Not as much today as I should have done. 5805 steps.

Some days are like that. Just keep going. :smiley:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    DaniMerc72 wrote: »
    We did a quick 15 minute/1 mile Leslie at work today, and I'm hoping to do another one when I get home from work!

That's great!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    lew0017 wrote: »
    Day 2 and I did a 2 Mile walk at home.

WTG!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    wyattjennifer197, Welcome. You can do this. :)

• H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    After a ridiculously lazy weekend back to work so 6,231 steps so far.

I really should make more of an effort!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    After a ridiculously lazy weekend back to work so 6,231 steps so far.

I really should make more of an effort!

I think 6,231 steps before noon is pretty good. :smiley:
  • H2596
    Options
    @AnnofB

It was closer to 6pm in the U.K. by the time I’d clocked up my 6k steps but thank you.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    @AnnofB

It was closer to 6pm in the U.K. by the time I’d clocked up my 6k steps but thank you.

Ah-ha... thanks for the heads up on the time difference. :)
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I looked up the Walk at Home videos out of desperation. We've had so much rain. Here are my goals for January:

10,000 steps daily
    Your Daily Walk every day (I have the app)
    Get back into the 160s. I'm 15lbs heavier than I was this time last year.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    4 Fast Miles Walk Slim

I also did the Bonus Burn with Rocky, but my shoulders are not happy about it. Think I better stick with the HasFit training I've been doing. Building up slowly, trying very hard not to get injured, pull a muscle, etc.

30 out of 100 miles
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    @AnnofB I don't sleep as well withOUT my glass of wine at night! I'm still having issues trying to fall asleep at a decent time... :disappointed:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    @AnnofB I don't sleep as well withOUT my glass of wine at night! I'm still having issues trying to fall asleep at a decent time... :disappointed:

I feel your pain. I've had sleep issues most of my life. I'm doing better at falling asleep, but waking in the night and not able to get back to sleep for hours. :( Glad you have found something that helps.
  • lolomama_
    lolomama_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My goal is to walk 10000 steps per day. Last week I did 73000+ steps! Each day I try to do a combination of Leslie miles, walk my dogs and general walking to get to 10000 steps.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »

I feel your pain. I've had sleep issues most of my life. I'm doing better at falling asleep, but waking in the night and not able to get back to sleep for hours. :( Glad you have found something that helps.

I actually haven't found anything that helps except wine and since I'm in a Dry January...I'm awake. I take that back, meditation does seem to help, but at night when it's time for bed, I'm too wound up to sit quietly for meditation. I know I have to readjust my evening patterns.

I think doing my exercise after work is giving me too much energy, but it's the easiest way to fit it into my work days.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    45.20/80

4.29 mile walk this afternoon
  • H2596
    Options
    Usual 6k to and from work but I haven’t been out this evening. Fingers crossed for a longer (colder) walk tomorrow.