TEAM: Gutbusters (February)

Options

Replies

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Starting weight: 269.4
    Current weight: 259.2 (as of Sunday Jan 27th)
    Goal weight for February: 254

Feb 1 :
    Feb 8 :
    Feb 15:
    Feb 22:
    Feb 28:

Reposting this because for some reason I can't find the original post I posted a few days ago.

• matthewsfive
    edited February 2019
    Options
    [
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Hike: 20 min with son on Conestee Park Trail, Greenville SC
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Challenging day as we ate out for lunch and dinner, but managed to stay under calories. Drank extra water too, since restaurant food can be high in sodium. I miss my bike!! <3 Here with the youngest son until Tuesday morning. Going to the Biltmore in Ashville on Monday. Cannot wait! The last time I was there I was pregnant with him. :)
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Exercised-yes, just a 40 min stroll, but plan to do dancing as well tonight
    Calories-yes
    Tracked-yes
    Someone said I was pregnant today, didn't even ask, and I'm not. Oh well more motivation to lose. I'm high average weight, bmi 24, but carrying too much around my stomach (my sister carried round her waist only too at one point so may be genetic). I find black shirts with skirts or shorts hide it well, but not dresses.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    February 3
    Exercised? No
    Calories? No. A bit over again
    Tracked? Yes
    Took my mother to church and out for lunch.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Ashley@AB0215, Has this challenge been going on for a few years?

@matthewsfive. This challenge has been going for at least 3 years now.

It has gone through a few changes in leadership, the the focus remains. It's all about healthy friendly competition to help motivate people to make and maintain their weight and health goals.

• craigo3154
    Options
    Kimmie_H81 wrote: »
    Is this a silly question... How do we prove the weight loss? Do you just trust us to give you the right figures? I weighed yesterday but today i got my new scales so they now sync with MFP and i can see what i weigh here. But i've lost 2lb in 1 day! So now i'm 197 not 199. But how do i prove i started at 199?

@Kimmie_H81. This is based on an honor system. It's the same prize for first and last.

We try to keep it as fair as possible. If you know that the scales are a long way out, then we can adjust the figures in the score sheet.

For a 2 lbs change when staring the month and a new set of scales, I would not be overly concerned. As long as you keep the same scales for the rest of the month, you should be fine.

People can legitimately change 2lbs in a day due to water weight. In fact you should lose 1-2 lbs of water weight each night (weight difference before bed and after waking - exhalation & urination). Even day to day, and I am in full maintenance and have been for over a year, I can change 2 lbs in a day even though ate and exercised similar to previous days. (I weigh every day - still).
  • craigo3154
    Options
    I'll start posting my daily statuses here. I'll do a full introduction tomorrow.

February 2
    Exercised?: Yes. (3km in 25 mins hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Busy weekend day. Jobs round the house, then flying and then late walk after dinner.

Daughters last performance of this production with the amateur theatre company. She will audition for some parts in the next production which is "One flew over the cuckoos" nest.

Finally got to bed after midnight. Trying to prioritise sleep.

February 3
    Exercised?: Yes. (3km in 24 mins hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Slept in a little (which was good after busy day and late night), permissible on a Sunday.

Very warm day (39C). Took a friend drone flying. He did well for one of his first times flying. My flying seems to still be improving (slowly).

Also my back seems a little stiff at the moment. Has been for the past week. I am trying to take care of it and keep moving.

Real struggle to keep weight on at the moment. About 3 lbs below where I should be. Must be the hot weather.
  • moniquebryan
    moniquebryan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am starting my weight 208
  • lisadianehays55
    lisadianehays55 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am down 2lbs , weight 194.6
  • Reine2019
    Reine2019 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    User Name: Reine2019
    February Week 1
    PW: 236.0
    CW: 235.8
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Today is February’s first weigh in. Today we’re looking for a weigh-in from:

@lisadianehays55 - got it. Thanks!
    @Reine2019 - got it. Thanks!
    @WishfulThinning18

Please post using this template:

Username
    February Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    Good morning! Today is February’s first weigh in. Today we’re looking for a weigh-in from:

@lisadianehays55 - got it. Thanks!
    @Reine2019 - got it. Thanks!
    @WishfulThinning18

Please post using this template:

Username
    February Week 1
    PW:
    CW:

Hi @BonnieHosk85, What does PW stand for? CW current week/weight?
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited February 2019
    Options
    PW = Previous Weight (last week's weight)
    CW = Current Weight (today's weight - on your weigh-in day)
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Hike: 20 min with son on Conestee Park Trail, Greenville SC
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Challenging day as we ate out for lunch and dinner, but managed to stay under calories. Drank extra water too, since restaurant food can be high in sodium. I miss my bike!! <3 Here with the youngest son until Tuesday morning. Going to the Biltmore in Ashville on Monday. Cannot wait! The last time I was there I was pregnant with him. :)

@Bonniehosk85 Great job staying under calories while eating out! That's been one of my most difficult challenges for some reason -- I'm getting better, but I admire those of you who seem to have the knack for it!

Enjoy being with your youngest son. I hope you have great weather for your visit!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Exercised-yes, just a 40 min stroll, but plan to do dancing as well tonight
    Calories-yes
    Tracked-yes
    Someone said I was pregnant today, didn't even ask, and I'm not. Oh well more motivation to lose. I'm high average weight, bmi 24, but carrying too much around my stomach (my sister carried round her waist only too at one point so may be genetic). I find black shirts with skirts or shorts hide it well, but not dresses.

@12sarah2015 Some people are not helpful, huh? And assuming pregnancy is rough -- the woman might not be pregnant and doesn't want to be; she might be not pregnant, but wishes she were; or she might be pregnant, and doesn't want to talk about it.

I'm not the kind of person to have a snappy comeback in those situations but sometimes, I wish I did.

Anyway, you're obviously doing a great job. Stay focused on you. <hugs>
  • LesIckaBod
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Sweet NSV (non-scale victory) yesterday:

I've been trying to clean out my closet of clothes that don't fit or "spark joy" (though I honestly feel like I"m asking too much of some of my clothes to spark joy. I mean, really).

In any case, Mr. 4 was hanging out on the bed looking at books, and I came out of the closet with a shirt on that I bought in the fall. I walked over to the mirror to look at myself, and he popped off the bed, stood beside me looking into the mirror, and said, "Yes, you look nice." :smile:

This is my little clotheshorse talking, too. He's always dressed himself, but he's got some style. Since he was 3 he'd coordinate his own plaid button-down shirts with some artfully exposed t-shirts with pictures underneath -- day after day after day. He'd always try to give me compliments, and literally look at me in my jeans and black fleece and struggle to find something kind to say: "I like your..... your black" (and kind of point vaguely at the fleece). He was just literally looking for something nice to say.

And he said I looked nice. :blush:

That said, I think the shirt might be a little balloony on me these days. It's a drapey cut, and I think a small might suit me better now. How times have changed!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @12Sarah2015, sorry for that rude comment. Ugh!

@LesIckaBod, it's been rainy today but the sun came out as I read your post about the weather! Thanks for that!! Mr. 4 sounds like a sweetheart! And congrats on the smaller size you need. Treat yoself!!
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    PW = Previous Weight (last week's weight)
    CW = Current Weight (today's weight - on your weigh-in day)

@BonnieHosk85 thanks
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    User Name:Matthewsfive
    February Week 1
    PW: 259.2
    CW: 254.6

Above it the correct info. I usually don't take this much time to caught on.
This discussion has been closed.