TEAM: Gutbusters (February)

Options

Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Gutbusters, as your (co-)captain I've been doing a terrible job of modeling the daily check-in. Why? Because I've been doing a terrible job of tracking!

Maybe I should try to spin this into a positive and say I've been doing a pretty good job of maintaining without tracking?

Anyway, today I try again, and I've already logged breakfast and started a little pre-logging -- afternoon snack, some thoughts about dinner, etc.

So, for all of you pre-loggers out there, what's for dinner tonight? What have you already got planned that will keep you on track for the day and be delicious?
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought about it yet, but I usually do. I am not very prepared today. I might get hubby to put some jacket spuds in the oven and have them with some baked beans (usually do a side a salad with them, but haven't got any in at the moment).

Orr.....maybe a chicken stir fry. Have some frozen (pre cooked) chicken pieces and frozen sliced peppers, so wouldn't need to add much to that. Got a sauce in and some noodles...I think.....
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    User Name:Matthewsfive
    February Week 1
    PW: 259.2
    CW: 254.6

Above it the correct info. I usually don't take this much time to caught on.

@matthewsfive I know, this weigh-in stuff can feel a little confusing at first because of how the registration works. Just to get us all on the same page:

You posted on the New Member Registration page on Jan 28 that your starting weight is 259.2. It looks like you want a Saturday weigh-in. The first Saturday weigh-in for February will be this coming Saturday, February 9. Then Sunday will start WEek 2, and your Saturday Week 2 weigh-in will be February 16.

Basically, posting your new member weigh-in on a Monday but choosing a Saturday as your weigh-in day, you bought yourself some extra time before your Week 1 weigh-in! Bonus days! That means more time to lose!

And if this is still confusing, just keep an eye out for @BonnieHosk85 's daily reminders about whose weigh-in day it is, and you can check out the February spreadsheet linked on the TBL main page to see your starting weight, previous weights, etc.

Good luck!

@LesIckaBod
    Thanks for helping figure this out. So if I weighed in this past Sat Feb 2nd at 254.6 , should that be my start weight? I don't want to start with a number that's not fair to everyone else. The 259.2 weight number was from Jan 26th.

@matthewsfive I think it's best to leave it as is. Any advantage you have bc of weigh in day will go away after week 1.

sounds good, thanks
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Dinner I'm going to be using shaved chicken. To make chicken cheese steak with roasted veggies on a Joseph Pita.

Calories 229
    Carbs. 16
    Fat 8
    Sodium 493
    Protein 30
    Sugar 3

• emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Kimmie_H81 wrote: »

Is that Vitality? If so i have the same insurance and i also get free Starbucks and half price Virgin Active membership!

What's your weigh in day? Mine's Monday. Lost 3lb this week :-) so 196. We got this!

Yep that's the one! You're in the UK then? I don't think I'll lose as much as 3lbs this week but will do my best, my weigh in day is Saturday.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    February 5
    Exercised: Yes, 3.7km run at lunchtime
    Calories: Yes, but ate back exercise calories, bad day at work
    Tracked: Yes
  • Ready2Succeed2019
    Ready2Succeed2019 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, walked the dog twice. 20 min this morning abd 45 min tonight.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Honestly No. According to my diary, yes. In reality no, because I didn't log everything. But I don't think I'll be a lot over.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No, I did a bit of old habit mindless eating. Nothing major, a bit of tuna, a banana chip, a teeny biscuit.

Considering I used to shovel food in and not know what I ate, I think knowing what I had and realising halfway through is a win.
    Also admitting to it us a win too.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Feb Week 1
    PW: 136.9
    CW: 136. 7
    Monsoon is supposed to hit today or tomorrow. Still braving the weather to gp swimming today, no schools are closed yet
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Got it, @12Sarah2015! Stay safe!

• BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, travel day so stopped at rest stop to get my walk in.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Feb 5
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: a little high
    Exercise: Yes

Success on tracking. Regarding calories, I was at 1440 probably - guesstimating some weights and measures. My MFP calorie limit is 1270.

I want to keep up my tracking and resume calculating my tracked TDEE, which was super helpful when I began losing weight last summer. About 3 weeks of solid tracking is necessary for good data. After that, I"ll have a better idea of whether 1270 is right for my body composition and loss right now.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    February 5
    Exercised? Yes (35 Elliptical and 25 Treadmill)
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    February 5
    Yes on all.
    Question:- what's for dinner:- DH is away tonight, so I get the night off since he doesn't cook! But, I've been using Skinny Taste website for ideas. I keep dishes ready made in the fridge for work lunches and sometimes a breakfast casserole I can quickly heat up in the morning. Soups in bulk are great at this time of the year in the US.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    More organised today. Have planned lunch and dinner already.

Lunch: 2 poached eggs on a slice of toast with a bit of salt and ketchup
    Dinner: Birdseye Southern Fried Chicken with 100g of homemade skin on chips (fries), carrots and broccoli (with a bit of ketchup - cos I'm obsessed with ketchup lol)
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    February 6
    Exercised? Yes. 35 minutes treadmill. 3 km with inclines.
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • beachb2027
    beachb2027 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    beachb2027
    February Week 1
    PW: 322.2 lbs
    CW: 322.2 lbs
  • Ready2Succeed2019
    Ready2Succeed2019 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Whats for dinner?
    We are having lasagne tonight. My husband and daughter will be having garlic bread too but I've intentionally not made enough for myself.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Happy Hump Day! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@12sarah2015 - got it. Thanks!
    @caitlynns727 - got it. Thanks!
    @inshapeCK
    @kkmark

Please post using this template:
    Username
    February Week 1
    PW: