Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    User Name: euronorris
    February Week 1
    PW: 182.8
    CW: 183

Sigh. Water weight works both ways. Sisters 40th birthday party on Saturday night, so plenty of alcohol. Also plenty of dancing. I am sore all over, so I'm pretty sure I'm retaining water in my muscles. Oh well. Onto a new week!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    February 4
    Exercised? Yes
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
    Weather here is hot and humid. So exercise was laps of Ikea 😉
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    We have a monsoon due to hit tonight. If I don't get to weighin this week that's why. Trying to keep full, not lose weight :)
  • Kimmie_H81
    Kimmie_H81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    emmclean wrote: »
    Hi Gutbusters, excited to be back! I'm Emma, 36 and in London, UK. I've been in this group since October 2017, when I went from 235 to 179 in time for my wedding. I went up to around 190 after my minimoon and giving myself a month off last September, but maintained that through until Christmas. Took January off for the proper honeymoon and am back at 199ish, ready to go!

We're at the same start weight :-)
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    February 4
    Exercised?: Yes. (5km in 40 mins hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Another late walk after dinner. Could not keep my normal pace. I blame back stiffness. At least the walking helps loosen it up a bit.

Hopefully a good nights sleep will help.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Hello team Gutbusters.

Short introduction.

I am a happily married 50yo father of one. I live in Melbourne Australia. I am passionate about helping people. Late August 2017 I passed my minimum goal weight (70kg - down from 91.5kg) and am now trying to maintain without bouncing back too far. I achieved the reduction in 4 months (so 40+ lbs in 4 months). I have kept the weight off for over 12 months now.

As I am now actively trying to NOT lose weight. At BMI 20.6 and less than 8% body fat, it would be crazy (if not dangerous) for me to try lose more weight.

(Why would someone not losing weight want to help run a weight loss challenge? Because it helps so many people and I feel I have so much to share. I learned so much losing weight that I seems a shame to not have it benefit others.).

Moderators preamble.

As I am not losing weight, I will act as coach for this month (when I can - I travel a bit and cannot always check in). My role here is to help motivate, encourage.

I am also moderator for the TBL challenge (Ashley ( @AB0215. ) has been doing most of the heavy lifting, I've been available for advice and guidance when required). Ashley relies heavily on the support of the team captains to make this successful as it is too much for one person to do alone.

Les (@LesIckaBod.) is continuing to do an amazing job as captain. As team captain, Les' primary role is to also help motivate and encourage the team. The captains secondary role is to keep the weight tracking spreadsheet up to date based on people's poset weigh in's. Les has gone from over 212.2lbs to 158.7lbs while in TBL. Lots of experience and well worth listening to.

Les is looking for a co-captain. As Les has been doing this for a while, I'm sure assistance would be appreciated.

Mini-challenge

You will see a daily post from me (most days). This is from a mini-challenge (and it has helped me attain and maintain goal weight). I used the principles of this challenge to win July 2017 (6.29% - down 10.8 lbs) and August 2017 (6.44% - down 10.4 lbs). Following this challenge does work.

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. (If you take the attitude that "this is not what I signed up for", that is up to you).

The challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.
    1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories on MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).
    In UAC, at the ned of the month, those who have kept to plan for 28 out of 31 days (3 or less non-plan days) are recognised in the thread as being part of the weekly "winners circle". (I have been in the UAC winners circle for 18 straight months - part of how I maintain my weight and help others).

Using this strategy of consistent tracking and minimal exercise I have set a lifestyle plan that should keep me in my target weight range. (has for the last month :) )

I liked this strategy as:
    • No dietary restrictions. (fine for vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, paleo, carnivore, etc...)
    • Works with whatever strategy you may want to follow. (keto, 5:2, 16:8, atkins, etc..).
    • You set your own daily budget (MFP helps with this).
    • You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10mile run).
    • Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    • Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work.

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

You will find out more from me as the weeks go on. I have done A LOT of research into weight loss, diets, health and strength. I will happily share what I have learned with the group.

My commitment to this group is to post my daily results for this accountability tracking (and help out where I can).

So welcome February Gutbusters.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@Amber9453
    @amynew4u
    @bdashnay – got it. Very nice!
    @Bechoe
    @eevang
    @euronorris – got it. Great attitude!
    @jaweeston
    @Kimmie_H81 – Got it. Nice loss!
    @michellelagle
    @mvinekar – got it. Congrats on your hard work!
    @Ready2Succeed2019 – got it. Thanks and great loss!
    @Sarah22680
    @shinryu787
    @stacy556
    @Tnknoxt
    @zimborunner

Please post using this template:
    Username
    February Week 1
    PW:
    CW:

Have a great day everyone! @12Sarah2015, stay safe!
  • sarah22680
    sarah22680 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sarah22680
    February week 1
    PW: 204.9
    CW: 204.5
    At least it’s a loss!
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    michellelagle
    Week:5
    PW: 148.7
    CW:147.7
    This is the smallest I've ever been!!! I love wearing clothes now!
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry I guess I think it's still January
    My results are for February week 1
  • Ready2Succeed2019
    Ready2Succeed2019 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »
    User Name: euronorris
    February Week 1
    PW: 182.8
    CW: 183

Sigh. Water weight works both ways. Sisters 40th birthday party on Saturday night, so plenty of alcohol. Also plenty of dancing. I am sore all over, so I'm pretty sure I'm retaining water in my muscles. Oh well. Onto a new week!

But you had a good time at your sisters party? Totally worth it then.
    That's such an insignificant difference, don't worry. You'll ace it next week xxx
  • Ready2Succeed2019
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, its my day to walk the dog so I did 45 minutes.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No, 22 over but I am not logging exercise so I know I'm really under.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Ready2Succeed2019
    Options
    qql2kgx6dj4f.png
    This is me now...and single 😉

Looking fabulous ❤️
This discussion has been closed.