• Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Daily log in for: Wednesday
    Logged: Yes, under
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: 30 minutes strength circuits

I’m really happy with the balance I’ve found for exercise, alternating strength training and yoga days and adding in cardio a few times too. I’ve been consistent with logging food and staying under calories (after accounting for exercise). I’m happy with what I accomplished this past week.

@cyndiesstuff You are doing so great! Awesome steps and way to go working hard to be successful this week!

Hope everyone has a nice Thursday!
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/6: 11,351
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/6 - 8,493
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff and @Shirin_K - amazing losses!!!! Great job!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Well, another snow storm here today. I think it's the 3rd this week. Came in early, ordered my lunch in and will leave early!

Food wise it has been bad all week, but I think part of it is I wasn't feeling 100%. But today I work up feeling pretty good and all the cravings for the bad stuff are gone. I love feeling in control.

We'll see how Monday plays out with my weight-in, but I haven't stepped on the scale yet - why get even more upset with myself :D

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    2/6- 13,312
  • ljdanny
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 188.6
    Cw 187.2
  • ljdanny
    Options
    Look who lost weight this week, ME!!! Maybe I should not step on the scale to early in the week and piss myself off. I did by myself a little treat today for losing and it probably was not on my plan but I did it anyway. I haven't even been hungry for snack yet and I'm usually right on time for 930. I didn't really have my food planned out today because I worked late, was doing homework and my son was over helping my other son look for a car so I got distracted. I should not use that as an excuse but I got up a little early and packed a pretty good day.

@DananaNanas I bought some shakes from Arbonne and few other nutrional things. They are not bad tasting and I guess it's working because I had a loss this week. I only bought them because my friend was having a party and the woman started talking about the different products and some will help with your gut. I need some help there because I have ibs and I think some food sensitivity.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes for my son. I plan on pacing the waiting room and maybe doing some homework. We will see how that goes.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    12/6
    Steps 10,566
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/6

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    To piggy back onto what Cyndie said-I used to be in a weight loss group and the counselor said something that sunk in. She said maybe it is harder for you to lose weight than other. Yes, that sucks. It isn't fair but that is your reality. Sitting and complaining won't change anything. You need to accept the fact and work with it. I don't know why that was news to me but it was a light bulb going off moment. Complaining wasn't going to change anything.

@cyndiesstuff You are right, no matter how hard it is, what you put in your mouth is a choice. I like how you had an answer for all your excuses. I am going to make up a list and do the same. I think I will keep it with the notes from my book to review daily. I do need to get my head in the game too.
    @Shirin_K Whoo hoo! Nice loss! All your hard work is paying off. I am glad you are in such a good routine now!
    @nstephenson01 You probably didn't do as bad as you think, I bet its mostly water. You have such great habits, it will come off.
    @carlsoda Wow! More snow! We have warmed up and have had rain. You have more time before the weigh in so I bet you will do fine. Glad you are feeling better
    @ljdanny Will you look at that! Great job!! Ends up the scale is your friend ;)
    @ihp2015 What a day! At least now she knows that is not normal. Older people can be stubborn Lol!
    @Cafelelia That is so interesting. And look how you changed that negative around! Great job!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    I realized next week begins my 15 pound countdown. There’s lots of mental challenges to that and people often say the last 10 are the hardest. My goal is 142 by June 1st. I made myself a 15 pound countdown reward tracker. Something to help keep me motivated and excited to the end. Will post pic in a sec.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Huge announcement today. The bank I work for is merging with Suntrust. After 147 years our name will be changing among other things. It’s in the headlines and is a very big deal. I happen to like change so it’s all exciting!!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    And lastly... one of my new team members weighs over 200 pounds. They were all ooohhing and ahhhing over my changes. When I mentioned what I do and do not eat she said “oh I could never do that, I love my wine too much”. She is going in for her 3rd heart surgery and has terrible intestinal challenges. The harm we continue to do to our bodies. There has never been a meal that tastes better than the exuberant health that I experience. Free agency to go at our own time frame and find our own bottom.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @DananaNanas maybe you should look for a different councilor. it's not always a good match. try again with someone else.

@lenka1 enjoy your rest day. you have earned it!

@sleepymom5 yes. no evening snack. that is great! look at you building momentum.

@Shirin_K whoooo wooo girl. that is a nice loss. keep it up. your doing great. consistency is a big part of successful weight loss. string those good days of meeting your goals together!!

@ljdanny yayayay awesome loss. the scale went in the right direction. good job sticking to your new plan.

@nstephenson01 yeah you know that was gonna happen. you are a strong woman. get right back on track girl. you got this. it is just a temporary set back. a tiny one at that.

@carlsoda im with you. I don't step on the scale mid week. either. to much drama for my pretty little head.

@ihp2015 lol old people can really be a pain. they are lucky we love them. you are a very compassionate daughter in law. good job.

@Cafelelia weight loss is such a mind game. I am glad that you are feeling a little better. and don't let that get you down. do some upper body work until you heal.

@sleepymom5 how do you like your new job? are you getting comfortable?

@Mrsbell8well omgosh 15 lbs to go. that is amazing. you have worked sooooo hard. that is just about as much as I have to lose too. twinsies again. I was 149.5 and my goal is 135. when they combine your banks are they going to fire people. the bank I worked at did that one time. they told us they would not be letting anyone go and when it was over lots of people lost their jobs. I hope this is really good for you. you deserve success. lol and I had a friend tell me, that is she had to eat veggies all day like I do to lose weight, she wasn't gonna do it. I told her she didn't have to to find her own way. lol

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff I loved your lists! It's so true that we forget the amount of control and choice we have in our journey. I didn't want to face it before this year and some days it's harder to harness the control than others, but it feels so empowering to make those healthy choices!

@Mrsbell8well That is a great reward list! I need to do one of those!

@eyesopennow Congratulations on being so on track with your step goal! That is amazing work, and you should reward yourself!

Didn't log like I should have the past couple of days. I discovered that I give myself too much permission to have unhealthy foods when I'm not constantly logging and checking my calorie balance. In other words, I'm not ready to fly solo just yet.

Taking the little to soccer practice, then the oldest and I are going to the gym. Taco salads for supper tonight - mine without any tortilla chips!
This discussion has been closed.