WEIGHT NO MORE -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    The book is eat feel fresh. The Ayurvedic site that really enlightened me was Banyan Botanicals. The most helpful section was the elimination chart. If you google kapha elimination it should pull up the whole chart. There are many sites that have quizzes.
    I also wanted to mention that this has been an ongoing journey since July 2018. I started out religiously logging and staying in my calories. CICO. Then I explored macros and followed that strictly. I too used spearmint sugarless gum and A&W diet root beer to help me stay the course. After 3 months I switched with a primary focus on health. Went Vegan, gave up sugar, gluten , alcohol and added Gbombs. Each new twist and turn has been very enlightening. This new one is quite a big change and results are exciting.
    Good luck everyone on your journeys.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff oh my goodness what an ordeal you are going through. My heart and prayers go out to you. And a wedding on top of it oh my! You are a strong woman. I love all the new mental programming.
    @ashleigh1178 my heart goes out to you and your partner. So sad. I’m really proud of you for checking in. Hang in there!
    @ihp2015 nice loss!!!
    @twyla77 very impressive! I too have given up drinking. Molly announced last night that she too was going to abstain.
    @GingerPwr that was really nice of you to wait for me. Now we can get to the finish line together lol.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    I’m trying to write while I can. Work days will be harder but I will ck in daily.
    2 events coming up. I set up my best friend on a blind date Saturday. We’re all going for Mexican food and bowling. I’m planning on beans, Spanish rice, no dairy and avocado tacos. No chips no beer.
    And our favorite foodies just invited us to dinner in March. I haven’t mentioned I’m back to vegan.
    And April I go one week to North Carolina for training.
    3 events to navigate.
    Btw...Molly’s mom went back into hospital last night. We’ve been advised to contact hospice.
  • eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Steps just over 10k yesterday. Delayed opening here but I'll have to start making my way in soon. I can see the streets sparkling from my window, so it's some amount of ice over 1 to 2 inches of snow. Pretty, but slippery. No walk today, I suspect. Maybe the stairs instead -- the building has 9 stories, each a double flight up.

Lunch today is a 4.5 inch chicken breast (skinless but fried, oh well) sauteed squash, 2 campari tomatoes, one ounce of cheese, whole pink grapefruit.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/19 11,159
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I posted my daily checkins for Monday and Tuesday and my entries have vanished. It is so weird and frustrating.

I managed to get out for a lunch time run which is brilliant. Had a bit of a snack attack with some crisps.

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and support. Wondering what happened to my previous post.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    2/19 steps: 14,746
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Hey @twyla77 sorry if I missed them but I need your steps for sunday the 17th please.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well you get up early like me. I get up, take a shower, exercise, take a shower, get ready for work, respond to mfp, make my 24 hour plan for tomorrow, record my thoughts in a journal, pack my breakfast and lunch, and do any house work that needs done. and pulling out old clothes that finally fit are an amazing feeling. I have about 10 more shirts that are one size smaller that when I am at goal will fit. oh and did I tell you I changed my end goal to 125. at 5 foot tall that should be a nice weight. your journey has been truly remarkable, you tenacity is amazing. I am so proud of who you are becoming. your awesome. and thanks for your concern. it's scary for me. but I will face it head on and deal with what life rolls my way. I may need to lean on you tho, you know I am not perfect! lol.

@eyesopennow lol you guys and your snow days. I had 6 inches of snow overnite and I made it to work a half hour early. I guess, tho, living in Michigan I am use to this winter stuff. it is never an excuse for me. ohhh good job. stairs are a great workout. that will get your heart pumping for sure. you lunch sounds yummy. I am so glad you are still with us. you are our token male!!

@amsandos wow that is so weird. this isn't the first time you have had this problem, is it? I think you mentioned it before, maybe go tell the mfp powers that be. maybe they don't know its a problem

@Zumba_Luvah good job at tracking what you are eating. that is really important. and your exercise sound great. love me some zumba!! Dont' for get to drink your water.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I also have found that if I feel like eating something in the evening, I can be satisfied with a drink (non alcoholic) instead. If I still feel hungry I will have a small snack - 1 cookie instead of 2 or a piece of fruit
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @pacsnc6 good ideas. I can't eat just one cookie tho so I don't have any. I usually do a no calorie hot tea. my favorite is spearmint chamomile. I also have peppermint and mango green tea.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 good ideas. I can't eat just one cookie tho so I don't have any. I usually do a no calorie hot tea. my favorite is spearmint chamomile. I also have peppermint and mango green tea.

Ditto! 1 single cookie has never been possible for me either. Although I have gotten better and no longer eat the whole package, like I used to before I started losing weight.
  • eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    Options

@eyesopennow lol you guys and your snow days. I had 6 inches of snow overnite and I made it to work a half hour early. I guess, tho, living in Michigan I am use to this winter stuff. it is never an excuse for me.

I used to live in the midwest, where snow didn't slow anything down for long. But here in Virginia, they close schools (or at least delay them 2 hours) at the mere thought of the stuff. Even before a snowfall, though everyone just panics here with snow. Even an inch in the forecast, and the stores are picked clean of milk, bread, water, pet food, cat litter, and beer.

Our state's snow removal plan for major roads is one semi retired guy with a bad back and a rusty shovel. (Okay not really but you'd think so.) Major roads and highways get plowed, and some neighborhoods, but not many. So getting out to get to work is slippery business. No one has chains or snow tires. Garages aren't present for most homes (unless you live in a planned community or in the country) so even an inch of ice is a problem in trying to just get into your car sitting in the driveway. The biggest issue for many folks is that many power lines are still on poles here, so power outages are very common in both winter and summer storms, and can last for hours or many days depending on what happened and how widespread.

Fortunately, it just doesn't snow that often here, really. This winter has been a bit of an exception. But it is generally rare enough here in central Virginia that even some 60 year old men stare out the window at it as it falls and see it as something pretty awesome indeed.

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    2/19-11,178
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the energy to work out the last few days and now I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. I work in childcare and we have the stomach bug, flu and fevers flying through the center. I better not catch any of it. I don't have time for it and I don't want to bring anything home to my son. It's going to snow again tonight only about 2 inches but this year they seem to constantly delay school for nothing. Pretty sure the kids can get to school we live in New England they should be used to it by now. I'm doing pretty good on this new life style change. I'm drinking a cleanse now so I'm running to the bathroom every 30 minutes. At least it's only 7 days. Hopefully there's a loss tomorrow.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @eyesopennow .
    It's the same here in North Carolina a hint of snow and everything is closed or opens 2 hours late, even doctors and stores! I grew up in Massachusetts where schools never closed for snow. Been here 30+ years and it still amazes me.
    A te too much today but it was all good but I've had some days with low calories lately too. Should balance out.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @ljdanny Oh no! Get rest and fluids and I hope you feel better quickly!
    @pacsnc6 and @eyesopennow Same here with the snow. I've lived in the south my entire life and am still enchanted with, mesmerized by, and scared of snow. So far in my part of NC we haven't had a snow day this school year, but we did have some days off with hurricanes, so it evens out I guess?
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    2/20 steps 10,658
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    @ljdanny Oh no! Get rest and fluids and I hope you feel better quickly!
    @pacsnc6 and @eyesopennow Same here with the snow. I've lived in the south my entire life and am still enchanted with, mesmerized by, and scared of snow. So far in my part of NC we haven't had a snow day this school year, but we did have some days off with hurricanes, so it evens out I guess?

It’s amazing what you are used to, I am originally from Southern Ontario and we would have snow squalls off the lakes and feet of snow. I now live in Minnesota and toady we got 10” - roads were slippery but basically everything was still up and running. The only problem with Minnesota is that it gets SO cold here so the roads are in worse shape than Ontario.
This discussion has been closed.