Options
    Steps

2/17- 10 146

2/18- 13 017
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options

sde8vk1m0ior.jpg

If you all are reading my comments from above, i bet you noticed some redundancy. and for all of you who didn't read above, it bears repeating:

When a mistake is made, start thinking of it as just the learning process. no great endeavor ever comes with no fails. it is how you handle the fails and what you learn from them that makes you a success. sit down and without judgement, make a plan for what you will do next time. this is how you are going to change.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff I’m sorry to hear about all the trouble!
    It must’ve been a very emotional day. Good job for handling it the way you did and not going crazy with food.
    At least you have a date now and can get mentally ready for the process. It’ll be a big change after to stay out of work for weeks. But hey - it will take care of your pain!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Check in for: Monday
    Logged food? No but prob under
    Water: 32oz
    Steps or exercise: 8,000k steps.

Sorry for not checking back in yesterday. I was pooped. I didn't hit my steps, water or exercise. I was running up and down 3 flights of stairs with suitcases for 15 min so I don't feel bad about it. Today I am getting off to a late start. I have to work from home so I need to get going. I am going to have to exercise in the afternoon. Hope everyone has a good day!

@carlssoda Sounds like a fun weekend! I bet you were just loving those babies! I can't believe your youngest one is already 6 weeks! Time flies!
    @nstephenson01 Too bad the weather isn't cooperating with the barn building. You always have a great plan for the week. You really have made this part of your lifestyle. I am getting there Lol! Hope you had fun at the lunch.
    @Cafelelia I am glad that you had fun with your friends. Sometimes you need to relax and have fun. Just get right back on track!
    @jedaschultz Those retreats don't give you too many choices so do the best you can. You have been doing great. Don't let your recent eating ruin your progress. You still have time before the retreat to get back on track. You can do it!
    @bmaison2014 Awesome loss! You are doing great!! Your Tuesday and Wednesday self will be so happy you took the time to prep!
    @amsandos You can do this. When you set your mind to it you do great. You should check in more, especially when you don't have motivation. The upcoming marathon is great motivation I am sure. You got this!!
    @pacsnc6 Glad you had a great weekend! Great restraint with the cake too!
    @eminater What great progress this month! All your hard work is paying off! Btw-we need your steps for 2/17. I looked back and didn't see them but I could have just missed them.
    @phoebe112476 Glad you are home safely and had a nice trip. It sounds like you are getting right back into your routine! Great job!
    @GingerPwr I can't tell you how many times I have given up because of little gains. It is empowering to be able to understand how your food effects your weight.
    @gottagetthisdown Awesome loss! Looks like you got in the swing of things! Great job!
    @twyla77 I know exactly who you are talking about! Lol! He does look like he has a fun time in the video! Sounds like you had another great day! Btw-I didn't see your step total for 2/17. I looked back but still could have missed them.
    @cyndiesstuff I am so sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery. I know it will be helpful in the long run as I hear those fibroids are painful. Just a big surgery and recovery. Good job not emotional eating, that is a big deal. When is your wedding? Is this going to push things back?
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Daily log in for: Monday
    Logged: Yes, under
    Water: 56 oz
    Exercise: 30 min cardio

The last couple days have been good. Got my strength, cardio/steps, and yoga fit in – and I enjoyed doing all of it! Stayed under calorie goals, but got a bit close yesterday. We are off to swimming lessons this morning, then lots of play time with the kids!

@cyndiesstuff Ugh sorry to hear about needing surgery! Nice job continuing to put your new habits into practice though.

Have a great Tuesday all!
  • eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Looking back at the log, I've been doing pretty well on steps most weekdays. I have really not done all that well at all on the weekends unless Wyfe decided I'd rather go shopping than watch basketball. Yesterday was a 13000 step day. I am hoping to get out at lunch and have a good walk today as well, knowing that tomorrow I will not be able to get out -- calling for overnight snow then several inches of ice during the day, and I just don't walk on ice any more.

Today's lunch is leftover pho, sauteed squash, a banana, campari tomatoes. Don't expect pictures, after all the food art people have been posting here I am not going to show you the plastic takeout containers I eat lunches out of while sitting at my desk. :D
  • cyndiesstuff
    edited February 2019
    Options
    vw3fxos5l519.jpg

This is my apple tree. It is taking a much-needed break this winter. It is covered with a very thin layer of ice and snow all around. We got about 6 in of snow yesterday. And it was frigid this morning when I got up.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    the only change that the upcoming surgery will have on my wedding, which is June 14th, is that there will be no honeymoon. We will just be going to the courthouse getting married and we will do our honeymoon next year. with my work I have to take all of my vacation time and all of my sick time and use it first and then after that short-term disability will kick in. It is what it is. Sometimes life throws you a curveball. You adjust your plan and you move on.

I'm sorry to hear about your medical problem and the need for this surgery.

I'm still amazed about how things work in the US, having to take vacation days for a surgery/ recovery. That is definitely not the case in Denmark or the Netherlands. We don't even have something called sick days. When your sick, your sick.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/18 11,147
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    the only change that the upcoming surgery will have on my wedding, which is June 14th, is that there will be no honeymoon. We will just be going to the courthouse getting married and we will do our honeymoon next year. with my work I have to take all of my vacation time and all of my sick time and use it first and then after that short-term disability will kick in. It is what it is. Sometimes life throws you a curveball. You adjust your plan and you move on.

I'm so sorry you need to go through surgery. There maybe a couple of other options to consider: did they talk about an ablation? It's when they go in and freeze all the line and basically destroy everything. I had one maybe 18 years ago - it works really well! There's another type of hysterectomy which is less invasive and heals faster. I do believe you can even go home the same day. Remember you are your own advocate for health care, so don't think twice if you want a 2nd opinion. I feel blessed since I live in Minnesota, we have Mayo Clinic here and of course University of Minnesota.

Now as to your work, don't you have short term disability? You shouldn't need to use up your vacation time for a health care issue. Me being a Canadian expat, I do have issues with how some things work in the U.S. :)

On the positive side - weddings are so much fun and soon you won't need to deal with all these health issues ever again :)

• gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I hope you all are doing well. I am down a few pounds this week and hope to have the same next week. I am trying to focus on my consistency and planning meals ahead of time. I ran across this website onceamonthmeals and I am thinking about trying it to help better plan and maximize my time. There is currently a waitlist to join the site so I have to ensure this is something I want to pay for or if it's something I can do on my own. Today has started off good, I had my smoothie this morning and my AM snack, dinner is already planned and will only take 30 mins to prepare. I wrote down everything we plan to have for dinner this week but did not grocery shop for this list :-(. It's ok though I should have time to go to the store after dinner today. I just remembered I can do the online grocery shopping and pick them up when I'm ready...WooHooo! I hope you all have a great day!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    2/18 steps: 7,838
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Check in for: Monday
    Logged food? No
    Water: Lots
    Steps or exercise: 30 Minute strength training

Enjoying catching up on everyone's posts. Quick check in as hubby is already outside and I'm still in my jammies drinking coffee. I'm slacking. Yesterday's lunch was a success. We had a great turn out despite the crappy weather. They didn't have what I picked out from the menu online so I ordered a wedge salad as it had the fewest/no hidden ingredients... iceberg lettuce, blue cheese crumbles and balsamic vinaigrette. Not the healthiest but definitely better than most items on the menu. I ate half and drank water. Dinners are planned for the week. Need to run to the grocery store. FIL gets here tomorrow... he drives me a little crazy but I am grateful he is coming down to help hubby.

@cyndiesstuff Building in the winter definitely has its whole host of challenges but hubby isn't home when the weather is more agreeable. So sorry to hear you have to have surgery. That's a tough one but you'll feel better on the other side of the journey.

Wow @phoebe112476 a loss following a vacay and back on track right away You're an inspiration!

Gotta get moving. Wishing everyone a great Tuesday!!
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @lenka1 Thanks. that is my main worry. not working. what will I do with all my time. not eat. need to find things to do to fill the time.

@sleepymom5 get moving girl. the new you is waiting. don't give up on her cause you are busy. and thanks for the concern.

@Shirin_K look at the new you go. good job at meeting your daily goals. they will lead to monthy achievements. and thanks for your concern.

@phoebe112476 omgosh girl you maintained on vacation. you have got to be so geeked about that accomplishment. I am going to channel my inner phoebe to get me thru this surgery!!

@eyesopennow that is awesome about you stepping success. and I agree. us old folks need to stay away from the ice! you just keep working at it and before you know it weekend steps will be good too. maybe walk around the couch as you watch the game. that could be your new rule. no watching sports unless I am pacing. give it a try.

@ihp2015 Thanks Irene. I know, isn't it ridiculous to have to use your vacation time. now for the rest of the year I will have no paid time off. oh well, it is what it is. I wish some of the uk medical could rub off on the us!!

@carlsoda Thanks for your concern. This is my second opinion. and My first apt was 3 weeks ago and I was given the options then and I research. it just become more urgent when my iud broke off in my uterus. yes we discussed the options. I will be getting a robotic hysterectomy. so the recovery time is less. and I do have short term disability but my companys rule is I have to use all my paid time before it will kick in. and you are right, I shouldn't have to but it is my companys rule. and I am so happy to be marrying the man of my dreams with or without my uterus! lol

@gottagetthisdown I think there are other sites that you get a free meal plan. not sure tho. worth a shot. and you are right planning and consistency is a huge key to success. sounds like you have planned for success today. good job girl.

@nstephenson01 thanks for your concern. im nervous but I know when it is done it will be way better.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Today's weigh-in
    @Ashleigh1178

e2aqa2hcyxom.png

Wednesday's weigh-ins
    @GingerPwr
    @ihp2015
    @Mrsbell8well
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @NuggetBrain omgosh! wowow. that is a great loss. you keep it up that is 5.6 pounds so far this month. good job. keep up the hard work.
This discussion has been closed.