WEIGHT NO MORE -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well wooo whooo. you just keep on going like the energizer bunny! that is great. you are a rock star!

@Shirin_K you are doing great. I am still rereading the book along with listening to a few podcasts. You are so lucky to have the sound of children's laughter in your house. Cherish these moments.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @sleepymom5 lol. your so funny!
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Steps feb 5: 17 446

Busy day. I’m sore this morning. My upper body, my lower body lol 😂 I’m resting today. And eating more to recover haha

Nice job ladies! Good losses this morning!

@sleepymom5 hope you have a better day today!

@cyndiesstuff what a plan!!!! Good luck! :smile:

I have to say I don’t plan weekends. I actually have no problem staying on track at all whether is Tuesday or Saturday. I log everything and stay under calories and husband and I don’t eat out at this point (both cutting down and eating healthy) so I’m never more tempted to mess up. Plus I’m a stay at home mom so it’s easier than if I worked.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Your day sounds like a sitcom where you set your clock an hour ahead so you wouldn't be late for anything :-)
    Did you wake up too early? I have days where it feels like it should be later than it is and everything seems to drag. You used the time to get things done that you had put off so there was a positive point to it. Sorry you missed that extra time with your son though.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    0yq48wrs6k95.jpeg
    A little early to post but all our Wednesday people posted already!

Thursday's Weigh-ins
    @bbcbw
    @Ljdanny
    @Nstephenson01
    @Shirin_K

Friday's Weigh-ins
    @cafelelia
    @DananaNanas
    @eyesopennow
    @FieryVixsin
    @hope002
    @lennoncpa
    @Pacsnc6
    @Sleepymom5

@icdube01 We still need a starting weight and the day you would like to weigh in on.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Boy oh boy,,,,, I am so exhausted today. I hate feeling this way.

@lenka1 if I was at home all day every day, it would be way harder for me. when I am at work I don't have access to the frig! makes it way easier for me to say no.

@sleepymom5 get back to that book girl. you are going to continue to struggle until you get your thinking straight! that is the biggest part of weight loss. you have to change the way you think about food. if it were just as simple as ci/co we could all lose weight. but it's what we say to ourselves that makes it difficult.

@eyesopennow yay you wifey is coming home. and you cleaned the house. good job showing your wife love! and I agree, if you pick up one thing at a time, you get in a lot of steps!!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @eyesopennow Mike I am sensing a new you. You seem different this month. Sounds like your really on board and making a commitment to changes and health. Looking forward to seeing your end of month results. Your doing great!.
    @sleepymom5 ahhhh poor Pam. I am so sorry you had such a messy day. Fortunately it is just one day. We can all feel your pain. Plus your youngest moving away is hard when you all are such a tight knit family.
    @cyndiesstuff Love your weekend agenda. Great job captain!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    02/05/19
    steps 10,464
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Last Saturday's sneak peek had me at 157.4. Today's weigh in was up .6 from that. So yes I was disappointed even though I had a .6 loss. I had 2 days that I think I ate a little more than I needed to. It's not like I am striving for maintenance...I am in a losing zone. At first I felt slightly annoyed and discouraged a bit when I stepped on the scale. And then I patted myself on the back. I will learn from this past week. My solid commitment is to weigh 156.4 next Wednesday morning and I commit to actions that will support that outcome. Maybe ask Skylynn to skip the chocolate fudge cakes this week lol. But I will also say how familiar that old voice was this morning that tried to chide me into feeling bad. We don't do that anymore but it was interesting how familiar that "failure, disappointment" feeling can get us whipped up. It makes you discouraged and then you find yourself back into old habits. Not this Wonder Woman. I am on board with the winners zone and I WILL accomplish my goal of 4 pounds loss for February. After all I am already down .6. I am a rock star!!! lol
  • cyndiesstuff
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Ok @sleepymom5 this is for you and for any one else that has a thinking problem when it comes to weight loss. I have started listening to this woman's podcasts along with phit n phat. I am also reading beck diet solution. I am really liking their approach. This is not an endorsement. It is just a suggestion. But if your going to do one of the podcasts I would start with episode 1.

https://realweightlossrealwomen.com/
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Thanks @steplaj ! you are absolutely right.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    2/5 Steps
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Daily log in for: Tuesday
    Logged: No, over
    Water: 72 oz
    Exercise: 30 minutes strength training; 10,547 steps

The day went better than I expected. Got my strength training in first thing. After we finished shoveling, my husband let the dogs out for a romp in the snow so I got a short walk in after all. It didn't take long to get cold and tired trudging through a foot of snow. The dogs slept the rest of the day. I abstained from a post shoveling IPA and yes, you're correct @sleepymom5 it is an extended holiday when my husband is home and I try to be mindful of not letting it turn into a constant celebration. I also fueled my body with healthy snacks, drank my water as well as some tea. I'm more successful @cyndiesstufff when I prevent myself from getting too hungry. But hubby cooked dinner and I had more wine than I should have while watching the SOTU so the day ended on a failure. Today's a new day. Despite all the eating and drinking this week my weight has remained pretty consistent. Will have to see what tomorrow brings. Made an early morning run to the grocery store to stock up so am set up for success. My shopping cart became stuck in the snow so I got some steps in carrying the bags over to where my car was parked LOL. Always look on the bright side!! Another nasty day and more snow. I am ready for warmer weather!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 snacking is def what would kill my diet. I used to be constantly “hungry” and snack. I feel like more often I ate - more hungry I was. And more often I thought of food. If that makes sense. Just a thought. Have you tried to stick to just 3 decent sized meals a day and see if that would somewhat helped? Like 500-600cal a meal?

@cyndiesstuff i see your point with access to fridge but since I’m home all day most days I am used to that and it doesn’t Temp me I guess. Plus it’s the mental thing. I track and I really don’t want to go over. I know I can’t. I think if I was eating intuitively I’d be worse at this point.

One day I hope it’ll be natural, right now I am not strong enough to not track.

@Mrsbell8well you def can’t be disappointed.

I just thought of this yesterday. Like weightloss is not a linear thing.

You look at your success from a point of view where you were on 1st and last day of month for example.

Are you 4 pounds down? Yes?

It didn’t matter you were let’s say 157.0 on the 15th and then 158 - 3 days later. Fluctuations happen. Compare your journey - today and to a month ago, 2 months ago etc. It’s going down but it’s not a perfect line.

@eyesopennow it’s so sweet how you miss and talk about your wife! :)

• DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Ok ok ok. Hit the reset button this morning. I've been doing SO bad -_-

Back to 141 consistently. Ugh.

I'm not going back the past 10 pages to get caught up with all of you... so sorry. You know I love you all dearly I just don't have time and if I tell myself I have to do that to reset it's never going to happen.

I went to the gym Monday and my tris are so sore it hurts to pick up my coffee mug. Whoops! I'll go back tomorrow. I wanted to go this morning but I had lesson plans to do before work... then I woke up late and didn't do those either. Maybe that's why I'm in such a foul mood! I hate being unprepared.

Classes tonight, gym and rehearsal tomorrow, gym and classes Friday, Rehearsal and ???? Saturday? I'm logging all of my food today too. One day at a time...
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I am cleaning carpets this week. What a lot of work! - more than I expected, afterall the cleaner runs like a vacuum. But you have to go over the carpet again and again. And vacuum first and last! My husband moved the furniture so that wasn't a worry. Did half the bedroom yesterday, easy peasy, the other half today and I forgot to change back to wash cycle so basically rinsed first, then wash, then rinse again. My back is starting to hurt most likely from pushing the machine around for an hour. And I still need to vacuum again. I didn't pay attention to steps or calories burned but expect they will be up for the day.
    Tomorrow or the next day I will start the second bedroom and that's all the carpet in the house. :p
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    I am cleaning carpets this week. What a lot of work! - more than I expected, afterall the cleaner runs like a vacuum. But you have to go over the carpet again and again. And vacuum first and last! My husband moved the furniture so that wasn't a worry. Did half the bedroom yesterday, easy peasy, the other half today and I forgot to change back to wash cycle so basically rinsed first, then wash, then rinse again. My back is starting to hurt most likely from pushing the machine around for an hour. And I still need to vacuum again. I didn't pay attention to steps or calories burned but expect they will be up for the day.
    Tomorrow or the next day I will start the second bedroom and that's all the carpet in the house. :p

I'll send you my address, you can come do my carpets next - don't want you to lose your momentum... LOL

This discussion has been closed.