WEIGHT NO MORE -- February 2019

Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,464 Member
    It is 9:30 and I still haven't exercised, just my PT. I am not tired tonight, I had some coffee and a little nap at 4 so I am feeling good and going to head down after I get off here. Snacked a little this afternoon when I got home from working at my friends house. No lunch and close to dinner. I should have had something healthy. This job isn't going too great, I hope things will change when we are out in the field. They really didn't train us. My friend showed me a ton of things today that I don't know how they would expect us to know and they didn't cover it during training. I know what I have to do, collect data off charts but they didn't tell us how to get it from the charts to them. They gave me a scanner and a secure key but didn't show us how to use them or how to take the info from them and attach to the forms I am working on. They also have new software that no one seems to know how to use. We couldn't even get on today so she could show me how to use it. They said too many people were using it...I hope that doesn't happen when I am out trying to collect data...no one can tell me it won't. Ugh! I like doing bedside nursing better, less complicated. Actually working in the ICU was less complicated Lol! But maybe not when I started. Ok, that is all. I will go now and check in in the am....

@cyndiesstuff That is a good idea for the 24 hour plan. I need to get used to this job that doesn't have traditional hours. Didn't do that great today either but am not as exhausted as yesterday. Hoping to at least get a walking video in.
    @Mrsbell8well You rock! Running in the rain! Wtg girl! So excited for you with the new job. Mine isn't so great, they needed to give us more than 1 day of training lol! I am lucky one of my friends has worked for so she is helping me. I know you will hit your goals, as you get closer to your goal, the slower it comes off. You have made so many life changes I am sure you will keep them all going even after you hit your goal.
    @eyesopennow . Is that the play that Sara Bareilles wrote the music? I heard that was good. I hope you enjoyed. I like what Cyndie said for Valentine's day. Or go to dinner or do something together so it's not like you got her more than she got for you. That way you are just celebrating together. My husband just told me he isn't getting me flowers since I will be leaving for the shore Thursday so we will go to dinner this weekend to celebrate (which we would be doing anyway) Lol!
    @Ashleigh1178 Nice loss. I didn't know you had lost so much weight already. That is awesome! Sounds like you are on track for your goals.
    @GingerPwr You are on such a good streak right now! I am glad that you are not going to stress about a little gain with your TOM . You are doing well and are in the right mindset!
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Steps 2/12: 15,042
  • eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    Everyone, thanks for the suggestions. We were already planning on staying in and cooking together. I may well take a crack at putting pen to paper. Hopefully it will be more betterer than Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue.....
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @eyesopennow . Is that the play that Sara Bareilles wrote the music? I heard that was good. I hope you enjoyed.

@sleepymom5 It is indeed that show. Very enjoyable, with some good music and a well-executed if predictable story. (It is a musical comedy, after all.) We even got a backstage tour after, as it turns out my daughter has a good friend whose own daughter was in the production. It was really special to see all the inner workings of a true Broadway level show. And standing on that stage, looking out at the (empty) audience! Made me nostalgic for the old days when I used to perform. (I think I shared this before, but I met my wife during a production back in the last century.) Ahhh, to have that energy and those vocal chords back again! Simpler times.

Sleep well, all. Dream of Spring.

• lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Steps

Feb 12: 16 431
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Steps 2/12 11,119
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Steps
    2/12
  • Mrsbell8well
    I’m going to have to accept that and be grateful. That puts me at a total of 45.2 pounds lost. Technically 14.8 to go from my original goal of 142.8 which is 60 pounds but that has been adjusted to 142 goal to put me in normal range. So no lipstick reward yet. Next week.
    Last night I had to order size extra small for a new Fitbit band. My body is definitely changing. I still have 2 weeks to lose 3 pounds to meet my February goal. Not impossible.
  • Mrsbell8well
    kgp8aeuatb11.jpeg
  • Mrsbell8well
    @GingerPwr great job!!! My biggest goal is to catch up with you lol. Your my moving target.
    @sleepymom5 thanks for the encouraging words. It helps. Sounds like your going through typical new job learning curves. Hang in there.
    Thanks everyone else as well for all the kind words of support
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    @Ashleigh1178 it is movement in the right direction. good job at continuing to show up for yourself. and you have practiced these bad habits for so long that it is engrained in your brain. read my post above. continue to practice doing your new life style and it will eventually become habit. but you have to show up for yourself even when you don't want too. that is what is going to get this new habit engrained in your brain. and you are doing awesome. you keep that s*** up!!

@GingerPwr yeah... Shut up ED. we don't need your input. woooo whooo. now you can shove the weight loss in ED's face as proof that you are doing good. keep it up girl, you rock!!

@Mrsbell8well girl, stop weighing yourself more than once a day! that is not helping you. the scale is a tool. that's all. if you know you have been doing what it takes, that all that matters in the end really. remember that as you get closer to your goal your weight loss will slow and sometimes stall completely. my engagement ring it to big too. I have already had it sized once. guess I am going to have to do it again. and a half pound is a great loss for you at this point in the game. keep your head up. remember you are wonder woman.

@sleepymom5 the sooner you quit giving in to the snack habit the sooner it will start to become easier. you need to show up for yourself everyday, even if you don't feel like it. that when your new habits will form and it will start becoming just something you do. the new job sounds a little frustrating. I hope then when you learn all the new systems it gets a little easier.

@eyesopennow you use to perform in musicals? wow. I didn't know that about you. you may have share the story long ago, I don't remember reading it. please share again, I would love to know.

@lenka1 I agree about the responding with the phone. if you are not careful it will take you back to the previous page and you will lose everything you have been typing. omgosh. you are going to Europe. that is amazing. and I agree. maintenance is your best bet for vacation and being mindful.

@ihp2015 look at you go girl! that is a great loss. you keep that up.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Check in for: Tuesday
    logged food: yes, calories on track but had some snacking
    Water: 64 oz
    Steps or exercise: Dance video (for a challenge) 30 min and walking video 30 min, steps 10,113 steps

I have to run so not much time to write. I am not doing as well as I was and the scale is starting to creep up. I need to get my head back in the game. Hope everyone has a good day. I will check in again later.

@eyesopennow I didn't know that is how you and your wife met! Sounds like you have a perfect plan for Valentine's day. I am also glad you enjoyed the show, how cool to be able to see behind the scenes.
    @lenka1 How exciting that you are going home to visit! I understand your concern about eating. I would make a plan, you have 3 weeks. You can do this. I also am the same with the phone. I can't respond on that little screen either.
    @ihp2015 Nice loss! You are doing awesome!
    @GingerPwr Nice loss! It is amazing how a drop at the scale can change your motivation!
    @Mrsbell8well Even if it isn't as much as you wanted to lose, that is a major milestone! And super close to 50! You have worked so hard for this and I am glad you are enjoying the changes you are seeing!
    @cyndiesstuff I know, I don't know why I keep giving in. Last night was bad too... I will put a stop to it today. I put it out there so now I have to do it...
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    @sleepymom5 this is tough. but you can do it. first of all you need to be really honest with yourself. you DO know why you keep giving in. it is because you want to. I agree, you have now made a commitment to yourself. don't you go breaking a promise to yourself. you show up for that girl. don't leave her hanging. if you told your son you would be there by golly you would be there, even if it was hard and you didn't want to. use the same logic on yourself. you don't have to want too all the time. sometimes you just have to show up for yourself.

@kirsten11872 to get back on track you need to set a goal. a doable goal. and then do it. how we build motivation is by building small successes. your goal for February seems lofty. I would hate for that to be your goal and you fail. and then you feel like you have to start again and your a failure. maybe your february goal should have nothing to do with the scale. maybe it should be about getting in a routine of behaviors that will make the scale move. try starting back with small obtainable goals that you write out and check off when you have done them. but only put them on your list if you are 100% in. you need to build up some success to help you build your motivation. I make a 24 hour plan. and the only thing that goes on there are the things I know I will do. get up early, exercise, pack my breakfast and lunch, go to work, drink my water, get in my steps. woooo whooo look at how I showed up for my self.
This discussion has been closed.