Replies

• cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE

Monday, March 11
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes (60 min body sculpt class, 60 min on treadmill, and 100 min walk)
    Water - yes
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - March Week #1 (Sun the 3rd to Sat the 9th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @cmhubbard92 (7) - 5th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @GrandmaJackie (6) - 2nd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @heaz10 (6) - 18th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!!
    @jlbtnc (6) - 1st time trying the Mini Challenge and lands in the Winner's Circle!!
    @thedestar (6) - 1st time returning to the Mini Challenge and lands in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @brandi_84 (5) - didn't even attempt last week!!
    @abowersgirl (4) - another Notable Effort!!
    @cossmoss15 (4) - didn't even attempt last week!!
    @murdog3t (4) - illness kept her from the Winner's Circle this week!!
    @Nicoletime4me (4) - another Notable Effort!!
    @swauters (4) - only attempted last week!!
    @Tracie_Lord (4) - only attempted last week!

Attempted:
    @ForLangston (3)
    @karrihowlett (3)
    @mikea2g (3)
    @ssteinhilber (1)

We had 16 participate this week, up from 10 for the last week of February, but we still had the same number in the Winner's Circle at 5. Illness kept Tami and Mike from the top, but they were replaced by a newcomer and a returnee, @jlbtnc and @thedestar, and joined again this week by @cmhubbard92, @GrandmaJackie and @heaz10. Congratulations to all five for a great start to the March Challenge!! Of note, Christine was accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!! Well done!!

What is classed as 'accountable' sorry I am a little confused as to where you got my 4 from :neutral:
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - March Week #1 (Sun the 3rd to Sat the 9th)

@jlbtnc (6) - 1st time trying the Mini Challenge and lands in the Winner's Circle!!
    @thedestar (6) - 1st time returning to the Mini Challenge and lands in the Winner's Circle!!

Attempted:
    @ForLangston (3)
    @karrihowlett (3)
    @mikea2g (3)
    @ssteinhilber (1)

We had 16 participate this week, up from 10 for the last week of February, but we still had the same number in the Winner's Circle at 5. Illness kept Tami and Mike from the top, but they were replaced by a newcomer and a returnee, @jlbtnc and @thedestar, and joined again this week by @cmhubbard92, @GrandmaJackie and @heaz10. Congratulations to all five for a great start to the March Challenge!! Of note, Christine was accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!! Well done!!

What is classed as 'accountable' sorry I am a little confused as to where you got my 4 from :neutral:

@Tracie_Lord, you are not the first to be confused by this. "Accountable" means "yes" days. So if you were able to say "yes" to logging your food, being under you calorie goal and getting in at least 20 minutes of activity for that day, then it is a "yes" day. You had four "yes" days last week.
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Last week: 163.6
    This week: 162.2

What a week. Is anyone else right in the middle of total chaos? So glad to see that number going down B)
    Added a new puppy to the fam, so hopefully chasing around two little crazies will help me out a little :D
  • HASWLRS
    Options

What a week. Is anyone else right in the middle of total chaos? So glad to see that number going down B)
    Added a new puppy to the fam, so hopefully chasing around two little crazies will help me out a little :D

@eatingfoodles, well, it can't hurt, right? Congratulations on another pound gone, in spite of all the chaos!!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Attempted:
    @ForLangston (3)
    @karrihowlett (3)
    @mikea2g (3)
    @ssteinhilber (1)

What are the qualifications for the winners circle again?

I marked one pass day on the first day of the UAC, but I marked Yes
    x's 3 every day after that. Did I not sign up correctly? This was all so new to me, sorry.
  • Krysless2
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    It's official!!! This team challenge has improved my weight loss journey exponentially!! I've been logging on MFP for 60 days straight now and I have pretty much been holding true to the keto-friendly way of eating. I was so ecstatic this morning to see that MFP just sent my weekly digest and the first and second week of March have been my best up to this point!! I feel great and I'm shrinking which I havent really done my entire adult life. Most importantly I've finally killed my Doubt-me Demons. I so appreciate each and every one of you

@Kwinnero, Congratulations on having two great weeks, and very happy that we were able to help with that in any way!! But remember, even though you may have been motivated or inspired by this group, it was YOU who put in all the hard work!!

What is an MFP weekly digest? Do you have the Premium version?

Yes I do have the premium version! 😊 my job has an excellent healthy living program so I get reimbursed for any weight loss programs and gym membership fees
  • HASWLRS
    Options

Attempted:
    @ForLangston (3)
    @karrihowlett (3)
    @mikea2g (3)
    @ssteinhilber (1)

x's 3 every day after that. Did I not sign up correctly? This was all so new to me, sorry.

@Kwinnero, you have to post in this thread for the Mini Challenge. I know it may be repetitive for you, since you are part of the UAC Challenge Group as well, but they are two separate challenges, even if they are the same.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options

I am and it has to do with a grandson with bad behavioral. 1st grad and kicked out of 2 schools. Saturday I was started to get depressed, but force my self to get up and do for me. Something like this I would have given up, but I have to focus on me because he will continue to have is issues.
  • Krysless2
    Options

Attempted:
    @ForLangston (3)
    @karrihowlett (3)
    @mikea2g (3)
    @ssteinhilber (1)

@Kwinnero, you have to post in this thread for the Mini Challenge. I know it may be repetitive for you, since you are part of the UAC Challenge Group as well, but they are two separate challenges, even if they are the same.

Ohhhh ok gotcha 😉 thanks for explaining. Well I guess I'll start here..

Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge
    Date: Sun-Mon, 10th-11th:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »

I am and it has to do with a grandson with bad behavioral. 1st grad and kicked out of 2 schools. Saturday I was started to get depressed, but force my self to get up and do for me. Something like this I would have given up, but I have to focus on me because he will continue to have is issues.

@jlbtnc, very sound thinking! His behavioural issues, unfortunately, are not going to go away any time soon. So, you can't say, "I'll start my weight loss and wellness journey when his issues are resolved," because then you will be waiting for a while. You might as well try to get stronger, physically and mentally, as you find productive ways to deal with him.
  • jlbtnc
    Options

@jlbtnc, very sound thinking! His behavioural issues, unfortunately, are not going to go away any time soon. So, you can't say, "I'll start my weight loss and wellness journey when his issues are resolved," because then you will be waiting for a while. You might as well try to get stronger, physically and mentally, as you find productive ways to deal with him.

@HASWLRS Absolutely, one reason I made myself get up over the weekend and move. It is important to take care of me, no more excuses. I knew where I was headed and was not going to let it happen.
  • jlbtnc
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Week 2 – 3/12 – Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – walking 2 x to get grandson and then walked to elementary school for my granddaughter
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Tuesday, March 12, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: No
    Exercise: Yes - 1 hour yard work
    Steps as of posting: 11,252
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini-challenge
    3-12
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, 25 mins treadmill, 10 mins elliptical, 25 mins weights

Sun: no
    Mon: yes
    Tue: yes
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options

@jlbtnc Oh no! Hopefully he can get to a school with the proper resources to help him work through his issues. Definitely take care of yourself in the meantime! That's one crazy stressful situation.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    March 12
    Tracked - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - yes
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,199 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    DATE: Sunday, March 10, 2019
    Logged food: ✅
    Under calories: ✅
    Exercises: Yes : ✅ (Morning & Afternoon Walks)
    Steps: 18,567

DATE: Monday, March 11, 2019
    Exercises: Yes : ✅ (Morning Walk/Yoga burn/Yoga)
    Steps: 16,830

DATE: Tuesday, March 12, 2019
    Exercises: Yes : ✅ (Treadmill/ Yoga burn)
    Steps: 11,651
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    3/12/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 50 minutes elliptical

I am still feeling awfully sore, but my legs are starting to feel a little better! Ended up with a pretty decent elliptical session this morning.

I took one of my best friends out for dinner tonight to one of our favorite local restaurants... her father passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, and today was the first day that our schedules lined up to be able to do anything! It was an enjoyable conversation and delicious dinner! I just wish I could take her pain away, it definitely brought back memories from my dad passing almost 10 years ago!
    op4zjd7o0vcn.jpg

Jerk Chicken salad in a taco bowl!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,199 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @jlbtnc, I’m extremely sorry your grandson is having problems! My grandsons year in kindergarten was horrible and first was bad but they finally figured things out. He’s in third grade now and doing extremely well, it’s like he’s a different child.

Hang in there, excellent job getting moving. Believe sometimes things happen with my grandkids and I have to remember, somethings are out of my control. You have this, take one day at a time!
This discussion has been closed.