Bradleys8299 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini-challenge
    3-11
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, 45 mins on the treadmill

Back on track. Went light work at the gym but still got there. My wife decided she wanted to jump right into intermittent fasting instead of adjusting the first week so I figured might as well myself.

I love intermittent fasting! I eat from noon-8pm. It's so much better for me since I can have a normal lunch and a huge dinner. I feel fuller longer and don't feel the need to binge. Good luck! I hope it goes well for you!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE MAR WK02

Fri 8th March
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, gym 12 minas cardio and 20 weights as I was rushed to get home and get ready for the rugby match

Sat 9th March
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - no, but planned evening out at a Japanese restaurant
    Exercise - no

Sun 10th March
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, absolutely beasted in a PT session for 90 mins!!!

Mon 11th March
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, 50 min gym programme 1
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - March Week #1 (Sun the 3rd to Sat the 9th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @cmhubbard92 (7) - 5th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @GrandmaJackie (6) - 2nd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @heaz10 (6) - 18th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!!
    @jlbtnc (6) - 1st time trying the Mini Challenge and lands in the Winner's Circle!!
    @thedestar (6) - 1st time returning to the Mini Challenge and lands in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @brandi_84 (5) - didn't even attempt last week!!
    @abowersgirl (4) - another Notable Effort!!
    @cossmoss15 (4) - didn't even attempt last week!!
    @murdog3t (4) - illness kept her from the Winner's Circle this week!!
    @Nicoletime4me (4) - another Notable Effort!!
    @swauters (4) - only attempted last week!!
    @Tracie_Lord (4) - only attempted last week!

Attempted:
    @ForLangston (3)
    @karrihowlett (3)
    @mikea2g (3)
    @ssteinhilber (1)

We had 16 participate this week, up from 10 for the last week of February, but we still had the same number in the Winner's Circle at 5. Illness kept Tami and Mike from the top, but they were replaced by a newcomer and a returnee, @jlbtnc and @thedestar, and joined again this week by @cmhubbard92, @GrandmaJackie and @heaz10. Congratulations to all five for a great start to the March Challenge!! Of note, Christine was accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    March 10
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- over ( 250)
    Exercise- yes ( walked/jog on treadmill)

@Nicoletime4me, jogging on the treadmill.....is that new for you?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

***** WEIGH IN *****
    PW 206.25
    CW 199.75

6.5lbs loss!!!!

Finally into ONEderland!!!!

For those that have followed my journey it has taken me forever to get under 200. I do everything right and for 33 weeks (I stat everything) I have hovered from 200.75 - 214 and back down and finally finally got under 200!!

Going to make and appointment with my PT to see what I can do with my gym programme to lose the rest of the weight as I can't cope with this yo-yo anymore. My food is right, my macros seem right I just don't know any more. My diary is open so if anyone can give me any tips from my macros and intake please please let me know.

For now I am concentrating on upping protein and cardio

@Tracie_Lord, what a good idea, to reach out to your PT for some advice. Upping cardio seems like a no-brainer for weight loss.

you'd think so right!!! well my PT has slightly upped by cardio but not much and upped my weights and calorie intake instead! I'm slightly baffled at the moment tbh, always been of the mentality of ' eat less, move more' but I guess I should listen to the experts in this case and see where it takes me

@Tracie_Lord, well, I guess it does make sense in that having more muscle mass burns more calories by default. And you'll look great, too!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    So this weekend has not been good 🙈 We had a lovely date night out on Saturday night with great food and a bit too much booze. Yesterday also wasn't great with takeaway for dinner BUT I'm back on it this morning. Half a litre of water out of my 3 litre allocation down already and weighed out my cheerios for breakfast. Planning to get out walking with the baby this morning too.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and is starting this Monday strong and feeling motivated!

@Coral333, way to not let the weekend carry over into Monday!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kidkees wrote: »
    I was away all weekend and there was too much snacking but also lots of steps.

@kidkees, I would agree with your statement, as you are only up point four, so all the walking definitely helped!! Get back to your routine this week, and that little up will be a thing of the past!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Username: brandi_84
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting Weight: 183
    Week 1: 183
    Week 2: 185

I'm so frustrated. I hope this is just due to bloating. I really felt like I did better this week at keeping track of calories and exercising than when I first started and was seeing more weight come off.

@brandi_84, you did have a good last week, as you exercised and ate at a deficit for five of seven days. So, bloating, or any other normal reason for weight fluctuation seems reasonable. Don't despair...just keep pushing forward and good things will happen!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    It's official!!! This team challenge has improved my weight loss journey exponentially!! I've been logging on MFP for 60 days straight now and I have pretty much been holding true to the keto-friendly way of eating. I was so ecstatic this morning to see that MFP just sent my weekly digest and the first and second week of March have been my best up to this point!! I feel great and I'm shrinking which I havent really done my entire adult life. Most importantly I've finally killed my Doubt-me Demons. I so appreciate each and every one of you

@Kwinnero, Congratulations on having two great weeks, and very happy that we were able to help with that in any way!! But remember, even though you may have been motivated or inspired by this group, it was YOU who put in all the hard work!!

What is an MFP weekly digest? Do you have the Premium version?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh in day. 175.3. Heading in the right direction, slowly again. Back exercising after a little hiatus. Not logging again yet but making good choices and eating (mostly) just what I’ve prepped.

Lousy, awful, bad, bad day at work at the start of my on call week today - just want to tough it out do my best this week.

@lozenger1984, hugs to you for your awful start to your on-call week! You seem to have the right mindset, though....tough it out and do the best you can!! Yes, you are heading in the right direction again; it's amazing what a little exercise and some good food choices will do, right?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini-challenge
    3-11
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, 45 mins on the treadmill

Back on track. Went light work at the gym but still got there. My wife decided she wanted to jump right into intermittent fasting instead of adjusting the first week so I figured might as well myself.

@erikNJ, well if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!!! Glad to hear you AND your wife are back on track!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    So excited about our progress.
    3/11/19
    Gonna challenge myself to track at least 5/7 days this week. T, under, and exercised (yoga): Yes, yes, yes!

@ForLangston, it is inspiring, isn't it? Good luck with your mini goal!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    3/11/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 50 minutes elliptical

I am DEAD today. My strength yesterday was 10 sets of 20: push ups(modified), sit ups and squats. I woke up feeling pretty great, went to the gym and did my usual elliptical at an easy pace. But, boy, did my legs kill me at work! I am probably sore everywhere, but I feel it every time I stand up or bend over to pick something up! I'm heading to bed earlier tonight. Putting some icy hot on the back of my legs and hoping tomorrow goes much smoother!
    :tired_face:

@cmhubbard92, but it's a good kind of DEAD!!! The kind that makes you smile and grimace, all at the same time!! It sounds like a great workout, and you did it!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Mon March 11th
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 46 min Wii Just Dance

My older kids are on spring break this week so there's a lot of snacking going on and and fighting and making messes and tattling and me trying not to stress eat everything!

@thedestar, hang in there, mommy....it's only for a week!!
  • HASWLRS
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hello there, sorry for missing the weigh in last week. @HASWLRS I’m going on vacation for the rest of March. Can I please hold my weight for this month and be included in April’s group? :)

@mickey10111, enjoy your vacation, and yes, I will transfer your weight over as a placeholder. If you could come back by the 30th of March to update your current weight, that would be great. See you in April!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kidkees wrote: »
    Tracked and under
    Zumba class

@kidkees, well, that's getting back on the horse after your weekend away!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Missing two Monday weigh-ins:

@ChiaGnome and @heaz10
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    March 12 Weigh-In
    Username: cmhubbard92
    Weigh-in Day: Tuesday
    PW 223.1
    CW: 223.2
    Gain: 0.1

I'm not surprised with this gain... I'm surprised that it's not even higher! Despite logging accurately (and weighing much less this weekend), retention is very real!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    March 12 Weigh-In
    PW 223.1

I'm not surprised with this gain... I'm surprised that it's not even higher! Despite logging accurately (and weighing much less this weekend), retention is very real!

@cmhubbard92, I am always glad when people post real life instances of water retention. It makes it easier for the rest of us to believe in it!! With all your hard work, after the water disappears, your true, lower, weight will shine through again!!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    March 12 Weigh-In
    PW 223.1

@cmhubbard92, I am always glad when people post real life instances of water retention. It makes it easier for the rest of us to believe in it!! With all your hard work, after the water disappears, your true, lower, weight will shine through again!!

It can definitely be discouraging to some. I don't usually let it bring me down because I always make sure I'm doing what I need to each week. If I slip, I know I can change it, and, like you said, the lower weight will shine through once again!
This discussion has been closed.