Missing your Tuesday weigh-in @CCzMini
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - March Week #1 (Sun the 3rd to Sat the 9th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @cmhubbard92 (7) - 5th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @GrandmaJackie (6) - 2nd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @heaz10 (6) - 18th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!!
    @jlbtnc (6) - 1st time trying the Mini Challenge and lands in the Winner's Circle!!
    @thedestar (6) - 1st time returning to the Mini Challenge and lands in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @brandi_84 (5) - didn't even attempt last week!!
    @abowersgirl (4) - another Notable Effort!!
    @cossmoss15 (4) - didn't even attempt last week!!
    @murdog3t (4) - illness kept her from the Winner's Circle this week!!
    @Nicoletime4me (4) - another Notable Effort!!
    @swauters (4) - only attempted last week!!
    @Tracie_Lord (4) - only attempted last week!

Attempted:
    @ForLangston (3)
    @karrihowlett (3)
    @mikea2g (3)
    @ssteinhilber (1)

We had 16 participate this week, up from 10 for the last week of February, but we still had the same number in the Winner's Circle at 5. Illness kept Tami and Mike from the top, but they were replaced by a newcomer and a returnee, @jlbtnc and @thedestar, and joined again this week by @cmhubbard92, @GrandmaJackie and @heaz10. Congratulations to all five for a great start to the March Challenge!! Of note, Christine was accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!! Well done!!

What is classed as 'accountable' sorry I am a little confused as to where you got my 4 from :neutral:

@Tracie_Lord, you are not the first to be confused by this. "Accountable" means "yes" days. So if you were able to say "yes" to logging your food, being under you calorie goal and getting in at least 20 minutes of activity for that day, then it is a "yes" day. You had four "yes" days last week.

ahhh thanks!!!

So I need to up my exercise days?!

Ok I get it

@Tracie_Lord, everyone needs rest days from intense workouts. On those days, for the sake of the mini challenge, a light 20 minute walk, or some yoga/stretching, or even some good old fashioned house cleaning with some elbow grease involved will satisfy the requirements.

I plank every night is that included? I kinda don't add stuff that I do at home and I suppose I should. OMG I need to add loads of stuff haha. I've just spent 2 hours updating all the notice boards and toilet stalls with communication details at work :tired_face: I need to invest in a fitbit so I can see steps and stuff too I think

@Tracie_Lord, yes, planking is obviously included...it's a great exercise!! It just has to add up to 20 minutes worth. Twenty minutes worth of activity, whatever that may be.

ahhh see that's where I need the fitbit to count it up hahaha

Thanks for the info :)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - March Week #1 (Sun the 3rd to Sat the 9th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @cmhubbard92 (7) - 5th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @GrandmaJackie (6) - 2nd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @heaz10 (6) - 18th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!!
    @jlbtnc (6) - 1st time trying the Mini Challenge and lands in the Winner's Circle!!
    @thedestar (6) - 1st time returning to the Mini Challenge and lands in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @brandi_84 (5) - didn't even attempt last week!!
    @abowersgirl (4) - another Notable Effort!!
    @cossmoss15 (4) - didn't even attempt last week!!
    @murdog3t (4) - illness kept her from the Winner's Circle this week!!
    @Nicoletime4me (4) - another Notable Effort!!
    @swauters (4) - only attempted last week!!
    @Tracie_Lord (4) - only attempted last week!

Attempted:
    @ForLangston (3)
    @karrihowlett (3)
    @mikea2g (3)
    @ssteinhilber (1)

We had 16 participate this week, up from 10 for the last week of February, but we still had the same number in the Winner's Circle at 5. Illness kept Tami and Mike from the top, but they were replaced by a newcomer and a returnee, @jlbtnc and @thedestar, and joined again this week by @cmhubbard92, @GrandmaJackie and @heaz10. Congratulations to all five for a great start to the March Challenge!! Of note, Christine was accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!! Well done!!

What is classed as 'accountable' sorry I am a little confused as to where you got my 4 from :neutral:

@Tracie_Lord, you are not the first to be confused by this. "Accountable" means "yes" days. So if you were able to say "yes" to logging your food, being under you calorie goal and getting in at least 20 minutes of activity for that day, then it is a "yes" day. You had four "yes" days last week.

ahhh thanks!!!

So I need to up my exercise days?!

Ok I get it

@Tracie_Lord, everyone needs rest days from intense workouts. On those days, for the sake of the mini challenge, a light 20 minute walk, or some yoga/stretching, or even some good old fashioned house cleaning with some elbow grease involved will satisfy the requirements.

I plank every night is that included? I kinda don't add stuff that I do at home and I suppose I should. OMG I need to add loads of stuff haha. I've just spent 2 hours updating all the notice boards and toilet stalls with communication details at work :tired_face: I need to invest in a fitbit so I can see steps and stuff too I think

@Tracie_Lord, yes, planking is obviously included...it's a great exercise!! It just has to add up to 20 minutes worth. Twenty minutes worth of activity, whatever that may be.

ahhh see that's where I need the fitbit to count it up hahaha

Thanks for the info :)

@Tracie_Lord, that being said, not all activity registers as "active minutes" on Fitbit. Yoga for example, or curling, yet they both count for the mini challenge.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,019 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Tuesday

So yesterday, I went back to the gym for another boot camp class. It went as well as can be expected, seeing as I am out of shape. Two out of the other three women were in the same boat. I thought, that since I was already at the gym, I would walk on the treadmill for half an hour after the class. Nothing strenuous...about a 3.5, no incline. Well, now the heel on my right foot is sore. Noticed it first while on the treadmill, and it is still sore this morning. I am hoping it's not plantar fasciitis. I did log my food, and with this class I was under, so a "yes" day for me!! Yay!!!

Try a .5 or 1.0 in line. Sometimes the treadmill causes me irritation in my foot and *sometimes * the incline actually helps. And maybe try lowering the speed as well, If you're not used to using the treadmill often!

:flowerforyou: way to go back to your class!!!!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    I am writing this to vent and with the hopes that throwing it here will help me start again. I can do well for a while but once I go off the wagon, I can't seem to get back on. I can go off by skipping a day of gym, or eating one oreo from the staff lounge, or having dinner with friends. And then that's it. I lose all motivation and can't get back into it. This week's eating has been terrible and I have only done basic exercise to count as my 20 minutes. I dread weighing in on Friday!

OK. That's it. Today is a new day. Right now is as good a time as ever to take the wheel of my wagon back.

Every meal is a new start. Even if you have that Oreo don't beat yourself up make the rest of the day count.

We all have wobbles but its how we turn it around. May favourite motto 'I OWE IT TO MYSELF'

Good luck and keep pushing

@swauters, @Tracie_Lord, I saw a sign last week that said, "It's never too late to start the day over." I should have bought it, because I, too, will throw in the towel for one unplanned eating event. And then like you said, Sara, it is such a struggle to regain control again. We really do need to compartmentalize our meals, so that we can leave the bad ones right after they are eaten and prepare for the next one (and make it good, of course)!!

I love that!! Off the weight loss subject, I think that's why call center jobs are so difficult, you have to learn to "restart" after every call. I know I'm poking my nose in here but I am totally printing out that slogan and taping it to my desk right now!!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS ...thank you for your words. Hard to get back into my routine after vacation. This time of year is hard for me, I am taking the maintaining as a win. I have been good about packing my lunch, prepping lots of vegetables so they are easy to grab and making sure I am planning meals. I just need to step it up. Hopefully warmer weather will help.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS ...thank you for your words. Hard to get back into my routine after vacation. This time of year is hard for me, I am taking the maintaining as a win. I have been good about packing my lunch, prepping lots of vegetables so they are easy to grab and making sure I am planning meals. I just need to step it up. Hopefully warmer weather will help.

@heaz10, it sounds like you are close to stepping it up. A little spring weather, like you said, will probably push you into the zone!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, @cmhubbard92. If and when this pain goes away, I will keep it in mind!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, @cmhubbard92. If and when this pain goes away, I will keep it in mind!

You're welcome! I hope it feels better soon!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    March 12
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    30 min mutu
    30 min yoga
    65 min walk
    Steps: 11928
    Water:96oz

Omg I am sick 😷 🤒 🤕 again
    This is not good
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Week 2 – 3/13 – Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – Walked – picked grandson up from bus stop
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    3/13:
    Tracked, under and exercised (10k steps)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    3/13/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 45 minutes(high intensity today) elliptical 5min strength

I ended up feeling pretty good today. I only have a little muscle soreness so it actually feels pretty great.

I have two hours left of work, and will be driving an hour up to my boyfriend's house tonight. He is almost home from his 16hr drive back from Georgia and I can't wait to see him tonight! Tomorrow we will be going to trivia night, and I will get to spend a couple extra days with him as his vacation doesn't end until Monday 😊 very excited!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Wednesday, March 13, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - 20 minutes of trying to do the monkey bars. Kids make it look so darn easy! I got 4 consecutive rungs on my best try. Hands and back are sore. A new respect for the effort it takes to “play” :)
    Steps as of posting: 11,295
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    March 12
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no ( over by 300)
    Exercise- yes (20 minutes YouTube workout)
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the previous post wrong date
    March 13
    Tracking- yes
    Call- no (over by 300)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »

Omg I am sick 😷 🤒 🤕 again
    This is not good

@murdog3t, so sorry to hear! Hugs, my friend!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sorry for the previous post wrong date
    March 13
    Tracking- yes
    Call- no (over by 300)

@Nicoletime4me, no problem! You know you can edit posts within an hour of posting? At least on the computer; don't know about the app. Only over by 300....not so bad!!
This discussion has been closed.