TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• ssteinhilber
    ssteinhilber Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So far on this monday 3/4/19
    Tracking: So far so good. Have my meals planned for the day already so as long as I do not stray I'll be under calorie goal
    Excercise: Yes 97 minutes or aerobics for a big burn.
    Steps: As of 11:45am PST I've logged 12,037 steps already
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Sunday 1.3.19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: If I can count an hour of housework which included going up and down the stairs frequently. It felt like a workout.
    I hope to get a step counter soon. Even if it's not a fancy one to begin with.

@HASWLRS I can't wait for your book review! I'm a bookworm.

Me too! What's the book?
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    I seem to be averaging about 1-2 diet sodas a day so since I unintentionally skipped lunch w/ soda today, I think I'm gonna try skipping my second soda that I usually pair with dinner. Ill try to continue on for the next week. Wish me luck guys!

Any recommendations on how you personally drink your water so it's not so boring?
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @Kwinnero

I’m one of those strange folks that loves plain water. I drink drink drink it all day long! I do love ice water better than room temp, so my only experiential advice is add some ice :)

I’ve heard people talk about no calorie flavor packets they add to water. That and drinking tea.

Good luck on the soda to water journey
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    I seem to be averaging about 1-2 diet sodas a day so since I unintentionally skipped lunch w/ soda today, I think I'm gonna try skipping my second soda that I usually pair with dinner. Ill try to continue on for the next week. Wish me luck guys!

Any recommendations on how you personally drink your water so it's not so boring?

I like my water cold(usually with ice), but can go without. I have coworkers that put fruit in their water so it has more flavor, or some make tea.

If you like diet soda(I would rather have regular if I want a treat), there is no reason why you can't have it(surprisingly it does count towards your daily water intake!) In your days. If it is something that makes you crave other things like sweets/snacks, then I would cut it out. I get headaches with the diet stuff, unless it is coke zero for some reason!

Besides water, I drink unsweetened ice tea or black coffee. On the days I visit my boyfriend, I will put a little cream in my coffee as a treat for the week. Oh! And a glass of wine here and there!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I just drink regular soda. I was drinking 3 a day and now limit myself to just 1. I ended up buying Brisk tea, which is just 90 calories instead of the usual 200 calories that are in a bottle of coke. So I am sticking with that for now. Having that sweet drink has been the hardest habit to break. Especially with a meal.
    Drinking water is such a struggle. I like it better room temperature. It seems to have a more metallic taste when it is cold. I will sometimes put lemon juice in my water.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

Don't hold your breath waiting for that book review, though...I read only a few pages every night. It takes me a while to finish a book! This one is supposed to be in the vein of Gone Girl or The Girl on the Train, both of which I have read and enjoyed.

@Kwinnero, it is called "The Widow" by Fiona Barton. I only mentioned it because I started reading it instead of pigging out on chips!!

• ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    3/4/19:
    T, under and exercised (yoga and a lonnnng walk). Also, HASWLRS, can I change my weigh in day to Thursdays going forward? Thanks, thanks!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Monday, March 4, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercises: Yes - 20 minute light effort elliptical / 10 minutes stretching / 30 minutes weights (back, shoulders and deadlift) / moved 500 pounds of small boulders around my fire pit for 10 minutes. Need approximately another 1500 pounds(8-10 small boulders) to complete the caveman fire pit perimeter :)
    Steps as of posting: 14.097
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    MARCH 4
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    On deck for Tuesday's weigh-in:

@CCzMini, @cmhubbard92 and @eatingfoodles
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    3/4/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 25 minutes shoveling, 34 minutes walking

Today was just a awful day in general. Work was awful(attitude from everyone, an hour late because of the snow...). Coming home was great, but then I got awfully emotional about everything and cried for about an hour. In reality, I had nothing major l to be upset about, but everything just started to get to me. On the bright side, I am about to walk a little just to clear my mind. I'm calling it a night soon after, because I just don't feel like myself tonight. I will have my nightly dove minis, as my little pick me up. Tomorrow I will be getting back to the gym, and I am looking forward to that!

@cmhubbard92, hope you feel more like yourself tomorrow!!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    3/4/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 25 minutes shoveling, 34 minutes walking

Today was just a awful day in general. Work was awful(attitude from everyone, an hour late because of the snow...). Coming home was great, but then I got awfully emotional about everything and cried for about an hour. In reality, I had nothing major l to be upset about, but everything just started to get to me. On the bright side, I am about to walk a little just to clear my mind. I'm calling it a night soon after, because I just don't feel like myself tonight. I will have my nightly dove minis, as my little pick me up. Tomorrow I will be getting back to the gym, and I am looking forward to that!

@cmhubbard92, hope you feel more like yourself tomorrow!!

Thank you Lisa!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,966 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Monday, March 4, 2019
    Logged food: ✅
    Under calories: ✅
    Exercises: Yes : ✅ (Morning walk, Strength, yoga)
    Steps: 9,299
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Monday 3.4.19
    Tracked : yes
    Exercise : Yes
    About an hour of stretches and strength training : arms
    20 minute walk

I'm feeling very motivated this week. Planning and pre logging is helping me keep on track. I just need to keep it up throughout the week.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Mon March 4th
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 24 min workout on YouTube

@Kwinnero I used to be a huge diet coke fiend. I still crave it sometimes. When I first quit I drank a lot of carbonated water like la croix. Then I quit most carbonation (except beer!) because I was always feeling bloated. Now I mostly drink plain water or unsweetened tea. I also like the true lemon drink mixes!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Week 1 weigh in:
    PW: 227.8
    CW: 227.8
    No change, but I am back on track from vacation.
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    3/4:
    Tracking: yes
    Exercise: 45 min aerobics
This discussion has been closed.