TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    CW: 224.4 lbs

I have to apologize to the group. I had a very bad February due to nobody's fault but my own. I wasn't focused and home activities get very busy this time of year so I was using it as an excuse to not pay enough attention to myself. For the past few days I have been more focused on my weight loss journey and I'm committed to continuing the focus to help myself and the group. You guys are doing so great and I have not been the supportive co-captain that we all need. Great thing we have Lisa @HASWLRS to keep up motivated.

For March I commit to being supportive of the group both in my interaction with the conversation and weight loss to help us all achieve our goals.

@pkg1998, Pam, glad to have you back in the fold!! See, being involved with this group always brings you back (eventually) to the surface when you start to go under!! Here's to a great March, going forward from here!!
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Week 1 – 3/5 – Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – Leslie Sansone’s – 1 Miracle Mile – Strength Training Mile and 5 minute Belly Blasting Walk, and walked to get grandson from bust stop – 27mins (I go long way to get some exercise – it is generally a 5 min walk.)
    I wait until I do everything to log, it just holds me accountable of my own actions.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    Week 1 – 3/5 – Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – Leslie Sansone’s – 1 Miracle Mile – Strength Training Mile and 5 minute Belly Blasting Walk, and walked to get grandson from bust stop – 27mins (I go long way to get some exercise – it is generally a 5 min walk.)
    I wait until I do everything to log, it just holds me accountable of my own actions.

@jlbtnc, what a great idea, to stretch that five minute walk into a half hour walk!! Your first week of March is looking really great!!
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS Thank you, I am trying!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Tracked, under, and exercised (Tae-bo and even a walk in cold temps with a buddy :)
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - February Week #4 (Sun the 24th to Sat the 2nd)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @cmhubbard92 (7) - 4th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @GrandmaJackie (7) - improved on her Notable Effort to land in the Winner's Circle!!
    @murdog3t (7) - starting a new streak; 2nd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @heaz10 (6) - 17th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!!
    @mikea2g (6) - starting a new streak; 2nd week in a row in the Winners' Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @abowersgirl (5) - only attempted last week, this week puts in Notable Effort!!
    @Nicoletime4me (5) - only attempted last week; this week puts in a Notable Effort!!

Attempted:
    @karrihowlett (3)
    @swauters (2)
    @HASWLRS (1)

Well, we only had 10 participate this last week of February, down from 12 the week before, but we had one more in the Winner's Circle!! @cmhubbard92, @murdog3t, @heaz10 and @mikea2g were joined this week by @GrandmaJackie!! (Is this your first time in the Winner's Circle, Jackie?) Congratulations to all five for a fantastic week!! Of note, Christine, Jackie and Tami were accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!!! Well done!!

Great job everyone!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    3/5/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 60 minutes elliptical and a ton of walking

Had a better day today, not feeling as horrible as I did yesterday. Still feeling a little down, but had a productive day. Enjoying a Sam Adam's "Cold Snap" with my best friend, before she leaves for Cancun!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Tuesday 3.5.19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Walked
    A beautiful and sunny day, but it sure was cold!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    March 5
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 1 mile walk)
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    March 5
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes, pilates and walking
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Tuesday, March 5, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: No
    Exercises: No - woke up at 4 am very sick and had a sicky sick day. Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow and be able to get some exercise in.
    Steps as of posting: 6,289
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Tues March 5th
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 25 min workout on YouTube
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling here I can’t seem to get back on my keto plan the IF is going good but the low carb is a wash 🧼
    Obviously 🙄 the scale moving in the wrong direction isn’t enough motivation

What do you do to find motivation? I was down to only 3 lbs before hitting goal weight now I am 8 -10 lbs from my goal
    I know work is a factor but I am stronger than that . Mind over matter but how do I get there again
    Help I need motivation
  • CCzMini
    CCzMini Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, posting my weight today, but weighed in later in the day.
    Last week- 210
    This week 211.2.
    😒
  • cmhubbard92
    edited March 2019
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    I am really struggling here I can’t seem to get back on my keto plan the IF is going good but the low carb is a wash 🧼

What do you do to find motivation? I was down to only 3 lbs before hitting goal weight now I am 8 -10 lbs from my goal
    I know work is a factor but I am stronger than that . Mind over matter but how do I get there again
    Help I need motivation

Is it possible you have had a lot of sodium, or monthly fluctuation causing weight gain? It may be easier for you to just weigh/log food and stay under calories. If you've been eating more carbs than usual, your body is holding on to extra carbs and the water carbs like to latch on to...

You'll see the scale move If you lower the carbs and drink more water. You're so close to goal that it will take a while to make it there. You can do it!!! Just stay focused, even though it may be difficult!

ETA: I do not follow a "diet", I just weigh and log all my food to make sure that I stay in a deficit. If I have a higher weight, I look back at what the past couple days have been like, and I will push forward from there!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »

Help I need motivation

Checking in here is a huge motivator! Logging here as well so you can always see where you are in your macros. I sometimes get discouraged too. When that happens Ill usually watch fellow keto youtuber videos. Or go into a keto group here on MFP.

When i first got on keto i lost 25 lbs then went on a cruise and lost my way back to diet and since then i was stuck between gaining back 5-12 lbs for about a year. 3 months ago i really researched keto, trying to find what foods to eat that I wouldn't get bored with. Watching weightloss stories, tips, tricks, learning about meal prep. (I was obsessed) Eventually i just found it natural to just start it up again and when i added the logging it started getting easier. You HAVE to log. I just can't express that enough. On another less diet-y note:if for whatever reason im not losing i just step back a sec and think about how good i feel. No high and low mood swings, no extreme cravings. Think about that ..keep it in the forefront then take a look at your logs from day to day and look for any trends. Switch something up in your macros. Alter your calories. Sometimes your body just gets used to it shrugs and says "Ehhh shes just doing the same ish every day, so why should we work harder to lose weight? We're clmfortable leave us alone!"
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE MAR WK01

Fri 1st March
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - no

Sat 2nd March
    Meal tracking - yes; even all the alcohol!!
    Under calories - no but planned works social
    Exercise - no

Sun 3rd March
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - no

Mon 4th March
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes 70 min gym weights and cardio

Tues 5th March
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes (even with pancakes for shrove Tuesday!!! :) )
    Exercise - no
This discussion has been closed.